Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Default Need additional honey/mask advice

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusandred View Post
    Thank you Damien for responding so quickly. I have sent many e-mails concerning purchasing local "raw" honey, I hope I will hear from one of them soon. I also have many friends and family looking for some honey. If for whatever reason I can't get local "raw" honey I have searched the net for some alternatives and have come up with two that look promising. Really Raw Honey Totally Unprocessed from Amazon and Organic Raw Honey Item #031744 from www.puritan.com what do you think? I am currently all ready using EarthFare Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (it is the only thing I put on my face besides washing my face with CeraVe). It has been tough not being able to put anything else on my face not even makeup to cover the ugly. It would be nice if I could cover the ugly (that's what I call the Rosacea and SD - the ugly).

I have read Auburns "Primer and FAQ" many times but I am still a little confused about how to get the honey off of your scalp after the 3 hour treatment. Do you shampoo it out, and if so what shampoo should one use, any recommendations? What shampoo do you? Is it the Loreal/Selson Blue one that I saw in the Joelle thread?

I wish you continued good luck with your new program

Default Need additional advise on honey treatment-damien - anyone

On Saturday 11/10/12 I started the honey mask treatments. I have never missed a treatment. I use Manuka honey and Earthfare coconut oil. In the beginning the treatments were working very well. After 30 days I went to once a week 3 hour treatments but still washed and used the coconut oil twice a day, but after a couple of weeks I noticed the redness and burning increasing, so I started the every other day 3 hour treatments again along with the twice a day treatment. Last week I noticed some white flakes around my chin and nose and now it is getting worse. It is starting to look like it was before I began the treatments. Also my neck is starting to get red and itch again (yes I have this stuff on my neck too and included my neck in the honey treatment process). I am looking for any advice on what to do next. I will continue doing the honey treatment but was wondering if this has happened to any one else and if you continued the treatment or did you add something to your treatment that helped? Just when I thought there was some hope, this has to happen again. I just cant go through this again, the burning, the itching, the flakes, missing work because your face feels like its on fire 24/7 and the doctors are no help. Thank you in advance for any advice.

On Saturday 11/10/12 I started the honey mask treatments. I have never missed a treatment. I use Manuka honey and Earthfare coconut oil. In the beginning the treatments were working very well. After 30 days I went to once a week 3 hour treatments but still washed and used the coconut oil twice a day, but after a couple of weeks I noticed the redness and burning increasing, so I started the every other day 3 hour treatments again along with the twice a day treatment. Last week I noticed some white flakes around my chin and nose and now it is getting worse. It is starting to look like it was before I began the treatments. Also my neck is starting to get red and itch again (yes I have this stuff on my neck too and included my neck in the honey treatment process). I am looking for any advice on what to do next. I will continue doing the honey treatment but was wondering if this has happened to any one else and if you continued the treatment or did you add something to your treatment that helped? Just when I thought there was some hope, this has to happen again. I just cant go through this again, the burning, the itching, the flakes, missing work because your face feels like its on fire 24/7 and the doctors are no help. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    I'm so sorry you are having a set back. That's all this is, a set back. No need to fear the worst.

Have any other factors changed? Diet? In particular, have you had an increase in carbs/sugary foods?

Have you considered also adding the Borax treatment?

Default Need additional advice

Thank you Starlite for responding. Last night I stopped by Walgreens and picked up some Lotrimin (generic name clotrimazole) Since I also have Rosacea I did something I normally would not do and that is to put something on my face that I did not do a 7 day patch test before applying all over my face, but I did last night. I washed my face with CeraVe hydrating cleanser (I used this before starting the honey treatment and it did not hurt my face) after that I applied a very thin layer of Lotrimin to my entire face (still can't believe I did that) and after 15 minutes I applied a small amount of coconut oil because the Lotrimin was very drying. It has only been 12 hrs but my face as yet did not hate it. I woke up this morning with no white flakes, very little itching or burning so I did the same treatment again this morning. So unless this treatment begins to hurt my face I will continue this treatment at least for the next several days, after that I will have to decide what to do next. I also put Aloa Vera from Mountain Rose Herbs on my neck which stopped the burning and itching. The Borax treatment scares me alot because my face just will not tolerate very much. One of the doctors I went to once told me to use Vanicream and I told him I tried it and my face did not like it and he told me in his 25 years of practice that he never had a patient that could not use Vanicream. As far as my diet yes it could be better, and I will try to do much better. As for continuing the honey treatment I just don't know. Next I think I might try putting a little Oreagno Oil 2 drops to 1 tsp of coconut oil (ordering Oregano Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs) and seeing how that works.

Thank you Starlite for responding. Last night I stopped by Walgreens and picked up some Lotrimin (generic name clotrimazole) Since I also have Rosacea I did something I normally would not do and that is to put something on my face that I did not do a 7 day patch test before applying all over my face, but I did last night. I washed my face with CeraVe hydrating cleanser (I used this before starting the honey treatment and it did not hurt my face) after that I applied a very thin layer of Lotrimin to my entire face (still can't believe I did that) and after 15 minutes I applied a small amount of coconut oil because the Lotrimin was very drying. It has only been 12 hrs but my face as yet did not hate it. I woke up this morning with no white flakes, very little itching or burning so I did the same treatment again this morning. So unless this treatment begins to hurt my face I will continue this treatment at least for the next several days, after that I will have to decide what to do next. I also put Aloa Vera from Mountain Rose Herbs on my neck which stopped the burning and itching. The Borax treatment scares me alot because my face just will not tolerate very much. One of the doctors I went to once told me to use Vanicream and I told him I tried it and my face did not like it and he told me in his 25 years of practice that he never had a patient that could not use Vanicream. As far as my diet yes it could be better, and I will try to do much better. As for continuing the honey treatment I just don't know. Next I think I might try putting a little Oreagno Oil 2 drops to 1 tsp of coconut oil (ordering Oregano Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs) and seeing how that works.
    Very good! My sense was immediately you should trust and follow this line of attack. You're gonn'a be alright.

Thank you again for responding so quickly. I think I will back off from the Lotrimin for now at least, because yesterday at work my face became very irritated, so I applied some Aloa Vera, it took a couple of applications but my face started to calm down after about an hour. I went home and put some yogurt on my face for a couple of hours then washed with honey and then applied some coconut oil and Aloa Vera. It seemed to help with the burning and the itch. So I guess for the next couple of days (if no major problems occur) I will do this routine. I woke up this morning to some flakes but did the honey wash/coconut oil/Aloa Vera routine because I really just don't know what else to do. I am ordering Oreagno Oil from Mt. Rose Herbs to mix with with the coconut oil to see how that works. Have a good rest of the day.

Thank you again for responding so quickly. I think I will back off from the Lotrimin for now at least, because yesterday at work my face became very irritated, so I applied some Aloa Vera, it took a couple of applications but my face started to calm down after about an hour. I went home and put some yogurt on my face for a couple of hours then washed with honey and then applied some coconut oil and Aloa Vera. It seemed to help with the burning and the itch. So I guess for the next couple of days (if no major problems occur) I will do this routine. I woke up this morning to some flakes but did the honey wash/coconut oil/Aloa Vera routine because I really just don't know what else to do. I am ordering Oreagno Oil from Mt. Rose Herbs to mix with with the coconut oil to see how that works. Have a good rest of the day.
    When I tried Aloe Vera Gel on my face I got alot of weird red spots and the itching got much worse so be careful with that stuff.
    If I were you I would just use CCO on my face.To be honest with you I dont think the honey itself has much effect on SD.

Also if you plan on taking the Oregano Oil orally you should be very careful because its very strong and should not be used for long periods of time.
    Are you eating the CCO aswell?
    If not you should start with that.

Fortyplusandred, this new set of plans will also be effective, if it works for you. May I suggest that you go slow however? A few flakes are not that big of a deal, but the irritation you describe was a good reason to stop using a product. Humm in other words, it will be hard to know what is working and what to avoid if you make too many changes too fast. I hope that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by 1982 View Post
    When I tried Aloe Vera Gel on my face I got alot of weird red spots and the itching got much worse so be careful with that stuff.
    If I were you I would just use CCO on my face.To be honest with you I dont think the honey itself has much effect on SD.

Also if you plan on taking the Oregano Oil orally you should be very careful because its very strong and should not be used for long periods of time.
    Are you eating the CCO aswell?
    If not you should start with that.
    The bees make their own anti-fungal so their hives don't grow harmful stuff and ruin their food supply, so yes, raw honey is effective against SD.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I will go slowly. As for SD I have had it for 2 years and it seems just when things are beginning to improve then they stop improving for example like the honey treatment. I will still continue with the honey treatments but will be adding some Aloa Vera to the cco. I will not be taking the Oreagno Oil internally, but will combine it with the coconut oil and patch testing small areas of my face for at least a week and then if I don't have a bad reaction I will slowly patch test larger areas of my face. I think I will start with one/two drops of Oreagon Oil to 1 teaspoon of cco. Again, thanks for your responces.