Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Default Honey treatment

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusandred View Post
    Is Manuka honey ok to use? I have been to many natural food stores and this type of honey is what the people are recommending. What type of honey are others using that are trying this method. I have read the threads but I am still confused. Thanks for any help/guidence.
    Thank you Damien for responding so quickly. I have sent many e-mails concerning purchasing local "raw" honey, I hope I will hear from one of them soon. I also have many friends and family looking for some honey. If for whatever reason I can't get local "raw" honey I have searched the net for some alternatives and have come up with two that look promising. Really Raw Honey Totally Unprocessed from Amazon and Organic Raw Honey Item #031744 from www.puritan.com what do you think? I am currently all ready using EarthFare Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (it is the only thing I put on my face besides washing my face with CeraVe). It has been tough not being able to put anything else on my face not even makeup to cover the ugly. It would be nice if I could cover the ugly (that's what I call the Rosacea and SD - the ugly).

I have read Auburns "Primer and FAQ" many times but I am still a little confused about how to get the honey off of your scalp after the 3 hour treatment. Do you shampoo it out, and if so what shampoo should one use, any recommendations? What shampoo do you? Is it the Loreal/Selson Blue one that I saw in the Joelle thread?

I wish you continued good luck with your new program

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusandred View Post
    Thank you Damien for responding so quickly. I have sent many e-mails concerning purchasing local "raw" honey, I hope I will hear from one of them soon. I also have many friends and family looking for some honey. If for whatever reason I can't get local "raw" honey I have searched the net for some alternatives and have come up with two that look promising. Really Raw Honey Totally Unprocessed from Amazon and Organic Raw Honey Item #031744 from www.puritan.com what do you think? I am currently all ready using EarthFare Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (it is the only thing I put on my face besides washing my face with CeraVe). It has been tough not being able to put anything else on my face not even makeup to cover the ugly. It would be nice if I could cover the ugly (that's what I call the Rosacea and SD - the ugly).

I have read Auburns "Primer and FAQ" many times but I am still a little confused about how to get the honey off of your scalp after the 3 hour treatment. Do you shampoo it out, and if so what shampoo should one use, any recommendations? What shampoo do you? Is it the Loreal/Selson Blue one that I saw in the Joelle thread?

I wish you continued good luck with your new program

I think you could get the right honey off the internet. They key is be consistent and not give up with the treatment. you really have to take a scientific approach to measuring and analyzing your reaction to the honey. This is where i think most people give up. I would just wash the honey out of my hair with water only and avoid the shampoo on honey days.

Joelle recommended Evivie by Loreal but i couldn't find that one so i purchased the Ever-strong(sulfate free) by Loreal combined with Selson blue.

Once i get a lather on my head i proceed to add in the vinegar. couple of cap fulls.

Its working great no itching or flaking. Please give it a try.

Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I think you could get the right honey off the internet. They key is be consistent and not give up with the treatment. you really have to take a scientific approach to measuring and analyzing your reaction to the honey. This is where i think most people give up. I would just wash the honey out of my hair with water only and avoid the shampoo on honey days.

Joelle recommended Evivie by Loreal but i couldn't find that one so i purchased the Ever-strong(sulfate free) by Loreal combined with Selson blue.

Once i get a lather on my head i proceed to add in the vinegar. couple of cap fulls.

Its working great no itching or flaking. Please give it a try.

Damien

The loreal/selson/vingear is working great. No flakes no itching and my hair is finally getting back to normal. My hair had become very course from years of SD on the scalp. The roots must have been damaged creating a un-healthy environment for my hair to grow but now my hair has become fuller and softer.

Thanks Joelle i appreciate you spending the time teaching me this treatment.

Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    The loreal/selson/vingear is working great. No flakes no itching and my hair is finally getting back to normal. My hair had become very course from years of SD on the scalp. The roots must have been damaged creating a un-healthy environment for my hair to grow but now my hair has become fuller and softer.

Thanks Joelle i appreciate you spending the time teaching me this treatment.

Damien

Hi Damien,

You most welcome!
    I am so happy for you!! Yes this works!.
    I think its good to rave about this so they can try.
    can you also tell them they have to rinse very extra very very very good with water and extra water. esspecially when the hair is longer..
    thanks

the address where we where speaking off is
    PO Box 742947, Dallas, Texas 75374

Joel / Joellie!
    Last edited by joellie; 4th November 2012 at 12:54 PM.

I've been getting several emails asking which treatment to use, "the Honey or Soothe?".

The answer is both. .

I would recommend using the honey treatment first to kill the bacteria and fungus. Then use the Soothe to maintain with as oppose to masking in honey all the time (much easier....).

I wouldn't know if just the Soothe works by itself because i suppressed the SD with the honey mask first.

thanks and good luck!

Damien

What is Soothe and whats the active chemical if you know?
    Also I want to know how long have you been using this product and how many % your SD has improved compared to before?

i am about to start using virgin coconout oil, not yet the honeymasks, gonna trust my derm for now with prescriptions. i hope i see some improvement

got some acne in area i never did before, maybe i used too much. Even so, i am going to avoid it for the time being.

hey damien, I am new to the forum, i recently emailed you with a few questions...Hopefully i did it correctly. PLease let me know if i did not send it correctly
    thank you for any help jlb32886.

Default I Totally Agree...

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpy View Post
    I disagree with this. I have had periods where my seb derm did not itch at all. Only when it gets really bad and flaky does it start to itch for me, and it only itches on my forehead.
    I have had Seb Derm for YEARS now and I as well am in desperation. And I don't have Seb Derm just by my doctors prognosis but by my own research as well trust me I have read more about this just like I am sure so many others have it sucks so bad!!! But the point is that mine RARELY itches and it's been so bad on me it is unbelievable take Jeffs pics x 30.