Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Attachment 1462

I've been doing really with the honey treatment and going on three years now. To everyone out there please dont give up on the treatment. Its tuff, sloppy and time consuming but it kills the bacteria and fungus that grows on your skin. I dont have the barrier that protects my face so i have to keep it real clean or it does come back.

Follow me on twitter at @younger_skin.
    Hi Damien,

Just want to know about your condition now, did the honey help you free from SD 100%, or did you see any up and down symptom (flake, itch, redness,...) when using it as maintenance? I have been applying it on my face for more than one month, it helps a lot, but the thing is when the SD subsides, it seems to go back immediately after the subsidence, and a new flare begins. This has been happening for all the time I use the honey so far. Forget to tell you that I used the steroid cream for almost 2.5 years, so I think that is the reason why I haven't been free completely from the SD.

Hey Rogue,

No not a 100% (maybe 90-93% at best) and i did see up and down symptoms (flake, itch, redness... typical SD) everyday. I've worked from home for the last 3 years so doing the honey treatments 2-3 days a week is easy for me and that's the main reason why I've reached 93%. You HAVE to maintain all the time. Its sloppy, inconvenient and embarrassing to say the least and so many people give up or don't maintain then don't believe it works. I now exactly how long i can go with out a treatment and expect to see the SD return. There's no cure and it will probably always come back so you may be just like me and have to stay on the honey all the time. I wash my face every am and pm with honey too, it helps in between the 3 hr treatments. And, of course moisturize with the coconut oil. If i see a flare up i will either tab a bit of honey on the spot and let it react (the next day the redness will be gone) until its gone or tab a bit of coconut oil directly on the spot for spot treatment throughout the day (less redness).

The honey is way more aggressive then the coconut oil so with honey you will see an uptick in the redness but its temporary. The coc oil is less aggressive but will allow it to fade quicker but really doesn't get rid of it like the honey will. I hope this make sense and please dont hesitate to call. 419-796-1825

Good luck

Damien

Cool

Rogue

i wanted to clarify that the 93% was when i was on the honey. Ive discontinued use of the honey on my face for the last few weeks (never could i go this long before) and today im about 96% glowing skin with Soothe. Im pretty sure at this rate i should be close to 100% in a week maybe two. Ill post pics in the next day or so.

Ive used it on the edge of my scalp and its been working there too. Usually my scalp is much harder to keep sd free.

Good Luck

Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Rogue

i wanted to clarify that the 93% was when i was on the honey. Ive discontinued use of the honey on my face for the last few weeks (never could i go this long before) and today im about 96% glowing skin with Soothe. Im pretty sure at this rate i should be close to 100% in a week maybe two. Ill post pics in the next day or so.

Ive used it on the edge of my scalp and its been working there too. Usually my scalp is much harder to keep sd free.

Good Luck

Damien
    Thanks for the reply, I will keep up with the honey method because I truly believe its effect on my skin, though I receive many up and down symptoms, it really helps me stay away from the antibiotic that used to make my skin worse a few years ago. And about Soothe, so glad to hear it helps you a lot, but I wonder if this product is really good for our skin or not, because honey is a natural substance, but what about Soothe? Can we use it for long term?

What's this Soothe you keep mentioning? Something you are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I will keep up with the honey method because I truly believe its effect on my skin, though I receive many up and down symptoms, it really helps me stay away from the antibiotic that used to make my skin worse a few years ago. And about Soothe, so glad to hear it helps you a lot, but I wonder if this product is really good for our skin or not, because honey is a natural substance, but what about Soothe? Can we use it for long term?

I'm all for anything natural and the honey works great. The Soothe is NOT NATURAL and does have medicine in it, actually it has the most medication the FDA allows.

I've been on Soothe for around a month now and its working so well. I haven't had do a honey treatment in a month and my skin has never been better so until they come out with a cure i will probably always use SOOTHE. It can be used as regular maintenance and it was specifically designed for skin that will always have problems. Its a wash, sensitive skin treatment, moisture and sun block.

Best Damien

Quote Originally Posted by tparker View Post
    What's this Soothe you keep mentioning? Something you are selling?

Its a product designed by Dr. Rodan and Dr. Fields the creators of ProActive. They own 80% of the skin care market from ProActive alone. They took the money raised from Proactive and founded the company Rodan + Fields Dermatologist. You can only get the product through a rep so i signed up to buy it at wholesale since i'll probably always use it until they come out with a cure.

This not a fly by night company you can check them out and their product to learn more. They offer a 60 day, 100% money back bottom of the bottle guarantee. so you can use all of it and return the bottle for a full refund of the product minus your shipping cost.

www.damien.myrandf.com

Best
    Damien

Default What brand of honey for those that are trying the honey method are you using?

Is Manuka honey ok to use? I have been to many natural food stores and this type of honey is what the people are recommending. What type of honey are others using that are trying this method. I have read the threads but I am still confused. Thanks for any help/guidence.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyplusandred View Post
    Is Manuka honey ok to use? I have been to many natural food stores and this type of honey is what the people are recommending. What type of honey are others using that are trying this method. I have read the threads but I am still confused. Thanks for any help/guidence.

Hi Forty

One thing to know is that all honey is different.

Some bee keepers will heat it a bit too much and kill off the anit fungal agents that you need.

For instance, i used the same honey for a year and it worked great than all of sudden my beekeeper started filtering once stage further in the bottle processing and that little change made his honey a bit less potent which i could tell quickly.

It still worked but just not as well so it all depends. I would search out a local beekeep and try to get it the honey straight from the comb.

Best damien

Default Joelle - Hair treatment

Joelle,

You are the man. After taking your advice i tried the shampoo treatment for my terrible scalp and its working nicely. No itching, flaking, or irritation on the scalp at all after 10 days. The scalp is the hardest place to keep SD off because your hair and scalp accumulate the most dirt and bacteria and the honey is harder to apply directly to the scalp especially for women.

Treatment:

Loreal no sulfate
    3 drops of Selson Blue
    Bring to lather on head
    Then add vinegar to the foam and continue to scrub in.
    Rinse thoroughly

Damien