Thread: Anyone know of a cheaper promiseb brand?

Default Anyone know of a cheaper promiseb brand?

I currently can't afford promiseb right now because I don't get insurance until September. Does anyone know of any sort of seborrhea medication that is "like promiseb", but cheaper?

The active component of Promiseb is piroctone olamine. There are several OTC products containing this including Sebamed, Neoval (with pyrithione zinc), Uriage Gyn (a gynaecological product but no reason not to use it on the skin). This is just a few available from a quick look on Amazon. There are most likely more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    The active component of Promiseb is piroctone olamine. There are several OTC products containing this including Sebamed, Neoval (with pyrithione zinc), Uriage Gyn (a gynaecological product but no reason not to use it on the skin). This is just a few available from a quick look on Amazon. There are most likely more.
    Thank you so much! Have you tried these products yourself and if so which would you recommend?

According to a amazon seller of uriage gyn, this product is for "girls and women", but I'm a guy. Also I couldn't find neoval when I searched it on google. Therefore I'll probably be getting some of that sebamed.

Neoval is available at Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEOVAL-ProCl...eywords=neoval

Regarding Uriage Gyn, I did state that this is a gynaecological product in my first reply but, that should not put you off using it. It will not cause any unexpected or unwanted alterations to your body shape

I looked up the promiseb because the post got me curious when it mentioned it was for a gyno product for "girls and women". The description including the brand site all mention it's for SD related it treats Malassezia yeasts.

http://www.promiseb.com/treating.php
    Although there is no cure for seborrheic dermatitis, there are many treatments available.2,6,10.
    Anti-inflammatory agents typically contain corticosteroids and are administered as a cream, foam, solution, gel, or shampoo. They are usually used for short periods of time. Although the cause of seborrheic dermatitis is not fully understood, recent research suggests that Malassezia yeasts may be closely associated with the condition. Antifungal therapies treat the growth of this organism. Keratolytic therapies treat the scaling and flaking associated with seborrheic dermatitis. - "Promiseb Cream may replace the need for topical corticosteroids and topical antifungals in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis."

If it really expensive and you need an alternative treatments there are several current threads on the subject. There are several of us suffering from candida, malassezia yeasts. We all have somewhat different type of infections and symtoms but actually we are getting some good results. Just thought you might want know. .l

I'm a bad decision maker. Which one would you recommend of the three listed? For example which one do you think is the most similar to promiseb.

Kerium DS from La Roche Posay also has piroctone in it.
    Or wash your face with anti dandruff shampoo that has piroctone.

Default sebclair in Amazon is the same and costs $17.00 (promiseb)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7 View Post
    I currently can't afford promiseb right now because I don't get insurance until September. Does anyone know of any sort of seborrhea medication that is "like promiseb", but cheaper?