Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa1669 View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to this so please bear with me. I suffer from Seb Derb on my scalp and have done so for many years and I believe this is the cause for my hair loss. I apply Fucibet cream (contains steroid) to my scalp after washing my hair, which is around twice a week (I have long hair). I have recently begun to use baby shampoo to see if it helps with the hair loss.

So I stumbled across this Raw honey method and wished to gain some advice regarding this method please. So the method states I should use honey with water every other day, so is this basically replacing my shampoo treatment and therefore i should not use shampoo again? Or do i shampoo and then apply the honey formula and leave for 3 hours?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I recommend you to limit your shampoo to once a week while doing the honey treatment.
    You should use manuka honey, the reason is that many honeys out there have the acidity ph ranging from 3.4 to 6.1, we want low ph honey, and manuka does have this, choosing wrong honey could help the seb derm to flourish on your skin.

Also don't use coconut oil, coconut oil contains lauric acid, which your yeast loves to feed on. you should rather use MCT-Oil.

Good luck!

Default Some active people?

I am about to start the honey treatment.
    I would like to talk to someone who has succesfully gone through this.
    I really hope someone responds to this

Quote Originally Posted by Hicy View Post
    I am about to start the honey treatment.
    I would like to talk to someone who has succesfully gone through this.
    I really hope someone responds to this
    I just finished the 4 week treatment.

All I can say it's amazing. I've had very very good results, skin texture better, redness fading, basically seems like it gets the skin barrier back to "normal" and everything goes from there.

I've tried a lot of things (nizoral, protopic, hidrocortisone, dermadexin, etc), and by far this was the one who got me better results (dermadexin was good too but its harder to wash off skin). I've read about it for years but you know, so many treatments sometimes you don't have time or patience to try them all and I just wish I had tried it before (I wonder why no dermatologist talks about the ESSENTIAL things like this and ALSO not taking bad chain oils etc etc ).

Now, ill keep the maintenace treatment once a week (because I know this take time, months, years, to go back to fully normal), and ill keep glycolic acid and nizoral every few weeks as maintenance too.

Good luck guys, give it a try, for sure it wont do much harm even if it doesnt work for everybody, but stay vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by pmg View Post
    I just finished the 4 week treatment.

All I can say it's amazing. I've had very very good results, skin texture better, redness fading, basically seems like it gets the skin barrier back to "normal" and everything goes from there.

I've tried a lot of things (nizoral, protopic, hidrocortisone, dermadexin, etc), and by far this was the one who got me better results (dermadexin was good too but its harder to wash off skin). I've read about it for years but you know, so many treatments sometimes you don't have time or patience to try them all and I just wish I had tried it before (I wonder why no dermatologist talks about the ESSENTIAL things like this and ALSO not taking bad chain oils etc etc ).

Now, ill keep the maintenace treatment once a week (because I know this take time, months, years, to go back to fully normal), and ill keep glycolic acid and nizoral every few weeks as maintenance too.

Good luck guys, give it a try, for sure it wont do much harm even if it doesnt work for everybody, but stay vigilant.
    Hi, can I ask which honey are you using? Manuka? Or just regular raw honey?

I did a honey mask two nights ago and now my face is burning horribly on the left side. A bit of backstory, that side of my face was damaged from steroid use, it used to burn terribly every day before I finally healed from it with years and years of letting nothing touch it but gentle cleanser and vaseline. Now after that hard-earned victory the burning and dryness is back. I think I wrecked the acid mantle or something. Pimples and red patches everywhere. The rest of my face is doing okay, so to all you people with healthy skin barriers, don't let my experience scare you. That being said, the PH of honey varies a lot, so test it out and use it with caution on sensitive areas. I hope this burning goes away soon.