Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Starting the Honey treatment with pics. Advice please.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa1669 View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to this so please bear with me. I suffer from Seb Derb on my scalp and have done so for many years and I believe this is the cause for my hair loss. I apply Fucibet cream (contains steroid) to my scalp after washing my hair, which is around twice a week (I have long hair). I have recently begun to use baby shampoo to see if it helps with the hair loss.

So I stumbled across this Raw honey method and wished to gain some advice regarding this method please. So the method states I should use honey with water every other day, so is this basically replacing my shampoo treatment and therefore i should not use shampoo again? Or do i shampoo and then apply the honey formula and leave for 3 hours?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
    Dave
    Hi Dave,

I recommend you to limit your shampoo to once a week while doing the honey treatment.
    You should use manuka honey, the reason is that many honeys out there have the acidity ph ranging from 3.4 to 6.1, we want low ph honey, and manuka does have this, choosing wrong honey could help the seb derm to flourish on your skin.

Also don't use coconut oil, coconut oil contains lauric acid, which your yeast loves to feed on. you should rather use MCT-Oil.

Good luck!

Default Some active people?

I am about to start the honey treatment.
    I would like to talk to someone who has succesfully gone through this.
    I really hope someone responds to this

Quote Originally Posted by Hicy View Post
    I am about to start the honey treatment.
    I would like to talk to someone who has succesfully gone through this.
    I really hope someone responds to this
    I just finished the 4 week treatment.

All I can say it's amazing. I've had very very good results, skin texture better, redness fading, basically seems like it gets the skin barrier back to "normal" and everything goes from there.

I've tried a lot of things (nizoral, protopic, hidrocortisone, dermadexin, etc), and by far this was the one who got me better results (dermadexin was good too but its harder to wash off skin). I've read about it for years but you know, so many treatments sometimes you don't have time or patience to try them all and I just wish I had tried it before (I wonder why no dermatologist talks about the ESSENTIAL things like this and ALSO not taking bad chain oils etc etc ).

Now, ill keep the maintenace treatment once a week (because I know this take time, months, years, to go back to fully normal), and ill keep glycolic acid and nizoral every few weeks as maintenance too.

Good luck guys, give it a try, for sure it wont do much harm even if it doesnt work for everybody, but stay vigilant.

Quote Originally Posted by pmg View Post
    I just finished the 4 week treatment.

All I can say it's amazing. I've had very very good results, skin texture better, redness fading, basically seems like it gets the skin barrier back to "normal" and everything goes from there.

I've tried a lot of things (nizoral, protopic, hidrocortisone, dermadexin, etc), and by far this was the one who got me better results (dermadexin was good too but its harder to wash off skin). I've read about it for years but you know, so many treatments sometimes you don't have time or patience to try them all and I just wish I had tried it before (I wonder why no dermatologist talks about the ESSENTIAL things like this and ALSO not taking bad chain oils etc etc ).

Now, ill keep the maintenace treatment once a week (because I know this take time, months, years, to go back to fully normal), and ill keep glycolic acid and nizoral every few weeks as maintenance too.

Good luck guys, give it a try, for sure it wont do much harm even if it doesnt work for everybody, but stay vigilant.
    Hi, can I ask which honey are you using? Manuka? Or just regular raw honey?

I did a honey mask two nights ago and now my face is burning horribly on the left side. A bit of backstory, that side of my face was damaged from steroid use, it used to burn terribly every day before I finally healed from it with years and years of letting nothing touch it but gentle cleanser and vaseline. Now after that hard-earned victory the burning and dryness is back. I think I wrecked the acid mantle or something. Pimples and red patches everywhere. The rest of my face is doing okay, so to all you people with healthy skin barriers, don't let my experience scare you. That being said, the PH of honey varies a lot, so test it out and use it with caution on sensitive areas. I hope this burning goes away soon.

Can I just confirm.

Do you HAVE to mix this with water or can you just dab it on straight from the jar for 3 hours. Is there any benefit for doing it with water?

I haven a window now in which I can start this treatment

I started this treatment almost two weeks ago and I can already see a big difference. The redness around my T-Zone has reduced by a lot and the skin there has a much less bumpy texture.

As I've only been applying the raw honey to the affected areas, I'm starting now to notice that the area of my cheek adjacent to the treated parts has started to become redder and drier. Could the seb derm be literally moving across my face?

Quote Originally Posted by juanh View Post
    Hi, can I ask which honey are you using? Manuka? Or just regular raw honey?
    Sorry for the late answer, I didnt get any notification and I was out of the forum for a while.

I am using regular raw honey, this one

https://www.planetahuerto.pt/venda-m...gracias-pedido

Sorry its not in english, try google translate. Good luck

Default Raw Honey Results

So I tried this method for a good six or seven weeks. I was applying the diluted raw honey to the affected areas of my face for three hours every night. At the end of it, my SD was worse than it was when I started. To be sure, there was some improvement. The patches around my nasolabial folds, which had been previously harder to treat than any of the other affected areas, were more or less cleared entirely. But the areas between my nose and cheeks, which in the past would intermittently flare-up and respond fairly well to the application of an emollient (Dermol) became permanently raised, red and extremely dry. When these appeared a few days after the first application, I assumed it was a die-off phase, but after seven weeks these areas had shown no signs of improvement. Moreover, towards the end of the course these patches were starting to develop a burning sensation and became much redder on the days when I was not applying it for three hours. This was the final straw for me, and I decided to quit the honey. Since coming off the raw honey my SD has improved somewhat; for instance the greasy flakes haven't started re-appearing on the nasolabial folds (I'm starting to think the emollient I was using had been feeding the yeast here). However, the areas that became worse during the raw honey treatment remain rather red and dry.

The only explanation I can think of for why I haven't had much success is that I was using tap water instead of bottled water. I will try and get some next week and see if that makes the treatment any more effective. In the meantime I am just washing my face with lukewarm water, as I am suspicious that the Dermol may be feeding the yeast as it contains Isopropyl Myristate, and I cannot go to a doctor to get an antifungal cream due to the ongoing pandemic.

I also used raw honey, started it on 5th of july, and first 2 times it calmed my irritated skin, and some new patches of SD disapeared. But now after 2 weeks the old patches got worse, skin is very irritated, dry, red, leathery and thick . I think the term is called lichenification.. my skin looks more horrible than ever now after exactly 2 weeks of treatment. But I will continue a bit, because it was written that the skin will feel more leathery, red, and I hope in 1-2 days, this thick skin might start to peel off and new skin underneath might look better (although not sure, maybe I just managed to mess it up permanently )

To be honest I do not feel that the honey is very effective, but at the beginning it was calming the inflamation.

I did not use Coconut oil, I know it feeds the fungus anyway.

I also used some diluted ACV after washing my face with honey, because often I could not sleep due to itchiness, so I put that one and it exfoliates a bit those scales, they just wash away, and then it is not itchy anymore.

I used vaseline after washing for keeping moisture in the skin.

Later edit: now after 2 more days it looks a bit better, the dry skin peeled, and irritation is getting lower. but it itches like crazy. I still put a bit of vinegar to fight the itchiness, looks like it is helping a lot.
    Last edited by forwardsky; 21st June 2020 at 09:26 AM.