Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Vitamin D3 Story

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post

What vit D3 pill did you take?
    You mean brand? Solgar pill form and also a liquid form in olive oil not sure what brand, maybe Pure.

getting worse before you get better is not uncommon with many of the rosacea treatments and definitely true for fighting off something like cpn (as an example).
    This is what I'm trying to get across: I was not trying to "get better," I was fine. I just took it because the blood test showed low levels of D. When I started supplementing with 1000 IU of D3 daily my face had been clear, calm, pale. Three days after I'm having redness, warm skin and flushing plus a bunch of the known "D3 toxicity" symptoms. Stopped supplementing, my face goes back to normal. 20,000 IU daily from sun exposure caused none of that.

Be careful with the sun exposure because any type of unprotected sun exposure could cause problems in the long run.
    I am. 15 - 20 min per day is all I need.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post

Then you would know that no one has an answer to those questions.
    I am not quite sure why you keep arguing. The fact that there's no answers to those questions is what makes me think that there's something not quite right with this whole thing.

If you want to believe that D3 has the same (or better as you suggested earlier) healing properties as vitamin D from sun exposure, then fine, keep taking it, I'm not telling you not to.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Hi Auburn,
    Yes I meant what brand and in what form as the dry form is best for minimizing reactions. Liquid and oil based seemed to have the most adverse side effects whereas the dry form seem best. Sorry it didn't work for you but you seem to be doing very well with your current treatments so you actually did not need this treatment!

Best,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    If you want to believe that D3 has the same (or better as you suggested earlier) healing properties as vitamin D from sun exposure, then fine, keep taking it, I'm not telling you not to.
    I hope I do not offend when I say that the tone of some proponents does have hints of an almost religious faith that insists on belief despite adversity and a dearth of empirical support. This is particularly true for the cpn crowd, who seem (to someone outside the debate) nearly as curiously zealous as the Marshallites.

I suppose I can understand it, though. We all have a lot invested in this disease, and it can feel hopeless at times. Faith offers shelter from the existential storm. And like them, how I wish this theory were correct! A cure for rosacea? That would be absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately, right now, to my eyes, until the confirmed remissions come rolling in, exogeneous high dose vitamin D therapy is still pie in the sky..

But I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Unfortunately there is no cure for rosacea and truthfully I doubt there will be in our lifetime. The best any of us can do is to find treatments that provide relief from our symptoms. It does depend on what is the cause of those symptoms and I suspect that differs for each person. And that is why successful treatments differ as well.

That's why the RF is so helpful as we can see what works for some and then through trial and error find what works for us.

btw, I would appreciate it if those who are having success with managing/treating their rosacea symptoms post in this sticky in order to benefit others. Thanks again.

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=18412

Best,
    Melissa

I couldn't agree more, Michael.

Default You go Driven :)

Driven,
    I am so glad that the vit D3 supplementation is helping you.
    Please keep us posted.

Best,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    I am not quite sure why you keep arguing. The fact that there's no answers to those questions is what makes me think that there's something not quite right with this whole thing.
    There's something you should probably know about me. I don't start fights, ever (I despise conflict), but I also don't turn the other cheek. My posts are friendly, observational, logical. But when someone else has a strong personality, and says something that my brain translates as goading, I don't quietly slink away, I confront it. In this case, I used logic and observation to defend myself against what I perceived as sarcasm. That's sometimes a mistake, since logic infuriates people who are hoping for an emotional response (not that you were). If sarcasm isn't what you intended, I apologize. If it is, then my response was more than appropriate.

My personal opinion is that just because we don't have answers, doesn't mean we're not on the right track, or that it's not worth further study.

Here comes that infuriating logic again - I never said that I believe D3 has the same or better healing properties than the sun. You asked why there are reactions from the supplement and not from sun exposure, and I replied, "Your guess is as good as mine! Who knows, maybe the ingested form is actually more effective at fighting infection than the kind derived from sunlight. I doubt it, but I really have no idea."

I'm only here to relate my experiences, read about others, and contribute a few observations and theories. If you still have issues with me, please take it to PM.

I hope we all find the answers we're looking for.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_V View Post
    I hope I do not offend when I say that the tone of some proponents does have hints of an almost religious faith that insists on belief despite adversity and a dearth of empirical support. This is particularly true for the cpn crowd, who seem (to someone outside the debate) nearly as curiously zealous as the Marshallites.
    You're absolutely right. I don't think I'm quite as religious as some, but I can understand those who are. I'll tell you what got me so excited about this. One day at my new job, a manager and two rather attractive female coworkers that I had not met came up behind me in my cubicle and startled me, then proceeded to basically interrogate me about some issues they were having (I'm a project manager handling an internal software release, and not everyone is happy about the new application). There is no time in my life when that would NOT have caused a massive flush. I felt some anxiety, but remained totally cool.

The list of things I have tried is extremely long, but nothing has worked for me like this.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine
    I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Driven,
    I am so glad that the vit D3 supplementation is helping you.
    Please keep us posted.
    Thank you! I don't plan to be one of those "cured and gone" members, I'll let everyone know how it turns out, for good or bad.

1,000mg Solgar MSM
    25mg diphenhydramine

Less is more!