Thread: Raw honey mask - re: sleeping with the mask on.

Default Raw honey mask - re: sleeping with the mask on.

A few months ago, Blake (solutionquest) tried the raw honey mask treatment and decided that leaving the mask on overnight would be better for his skin. He's been doing this consistently and reports great results.

A few other forum members have tried this including Legendsneverdie, who's been posting photos of his progress with the raw honey/virgin coconut oil treatment.

I've been very sceptical about this practice because I always thought that the constant pulling from the pillow case as one tosses and turns throughout the night, would case irritation but after seeing Legends' and Dan Pacifik's photos, I wanted to try the method and see for myself.

Bear in mind that I've been able to keep seb derm in check for almost a year now with maintenance treatments, mostly by-weekly these days, and my skin is in good shape and can handle things like exfoliation. I don't think I would have tried this when my face was in bad shape, irritated and inflamed.

Last night I applied the honey mask on face/ears/scalp and went to bed. I can't sleep on my back so having my face sticking to the fabric was very uncomfortable. I couldn't cover my shoulders with the blanket either because it'd rub against my jawline. Not very happy about this.

The fabric sticking to my face and pulling woke me up about a dozen times. By 5:00 AM I just had to get up to rinse the honey mask off.

My skin looked fine this morning. No irritation so that's good. But I'm very tired because I couldn't sleep well at all.

Our skin regenerates while we sleep and the body needs a good night's sleep to recharge and heal so, based on my own experience, I would not recommend sleeping with a full raw honey mask on, unless, of course, you are able to sleep all night on your back comfortably.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Smile

Auburn,

Interesting post!

I would also add that in addition to being able to sleep on your back, you would also need

a VERY understanding Partner!

Seriously though, as much as it has been of great benefit to me, I cannot imagine sleeping

with the honey mask on; although I guess if your skin is in real trouble you'd try anything!

Thank you for taking the time to try this regime, hope you get some serious shut-eye

tonight!

Jx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Someone just wrote to let me know that the statement quoted below may lead people to think that Legends slept with the raw honey mask on regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post

A few other forum members have tried this including Legendsneverdie, who's been posting photos of his progress with the raw honey/virgin coconut oil treatment.
    No, Legends did not sleep with the honey mask on regularly. He only slept with the mask on once or twice because by the time he got home it was late and he didn't want to miss a treatment. Sorry about the confusion.

Judworth,

I waited until he was asleep but my hair was a complete mess this morning.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.