Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raw Honey question

Default Raw Honey question

Just bought a jar of raw honey ffrom the health food store. Is it supposed to feel like little crystals inside it? hard to explain. I was licking it off a spoon (lol its so yummy!!!!) and its got like a texture too it. Cause i remember someone said about it dripping from their spoon?? thanks! want to try it tonight.

Mine does have that same type of texture.

Default Coconut vs. Honey

Yeah, I had the option of buying the Honey or the Coconut and the Coconut was cheaper. Well, I put it on for a few hours and I my face was more red than it had been in a while for at least 24 hours. Might have to try the Honey instead...

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Yeah, I had the option of buying the Honey or the Coconut and the Coconut was cheaper. Well, I put it on for a few hours and I my face was more red than it had been in a while for at least 24 hours. Might have to try the Honey instead...
    Do you mean you put the coconut oil on your face as a mask?
    Last edited by Auburn; 25th March 2010 at 02:00 AM.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Default coconut mask

yeah, i bought this organic raw coconut oil. virgin and refined. is hard formin a glass jar. i washed my face and dried it then put on a good amount of coconut oil all over my face and scalp and left it on for a few hours then took a shower. the next day, yesterday, my face was red all day, more red than usual. and today it is still red. i'm thinking of going back to this regimen i did before with dried willow bark double boiled in extra virgin olive oil -worked very well, not sure why i stopped. be well....

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    yeah, i bought this organic raw coconut oil. virgin and refined. is hard formin a glass jar. i washed my face and dried it then put on a good amount of coconut oil all over my face and scalp and left it on for a few hours then took a shower. the next day, yesterday, my face was red all day, more red than usual. and today it is still red.

In the past few months I've plastered this forum with this warning: virgin coconut oil must be applied SPARINGLY otherwise it will cause breakouts/rashes.

You have to take a tiny bit of the solid oil (the size of a small pea) and rub it between your hands to melt it and apply to face right after cleansing, while the skin is still somehow damp. It will feel like you haven't applied enough oil and that's exactly what you want, the littlest amount of oil on your face. If your skin looks shiny after ten minutes, you've applied too much.

I've been saying that over and over, like a broken record.

Well, you are lucky your face didn't explode...

Unbelievable.

Please, do me a favor, will you? Read this: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=20789
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Hi All,

I think using any 'oil' in large quantities will risk breakouts or reactions.
    When mine arrives I will doing a spot test (as recommended), and then build up little by little before doing the full face. If it is the size of a pea for the face then that is pretty thinly anyway.

Have tried so many creams/ointments and lotions over the years and I've learnt the hard way. Use a tiny tiny amount on a small area (spot) and wait a few hours.

I'll be doing the same with the honey treatment, just not worth the risk.

Different horses for different courses.
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Seborrhoeic Dermatitis for 10 years. Bit of psoriasis thrown in it seems but more test on the way.
    What am I doing about it? Double Base and KETOCONAZOLE every day. Stopped using steroids - thinned skin. Limit sun exposure. Trying to establish triggers. Finally have referral from GP and seeing dermatologist. What aggravates my condition: Hot bathes and showers, saunas and spas. Stress (lack of sleep). Lots of exercise, Foods - sugar, yeast and some spicy food, fruit. Central heating.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    Hi All,

I think using any 'oil' in large quantities will risk breakouts or reactions.
    When mine arrives I will doing a spot test (as recommended), and then build up little by little before doing the full face. If it is the size of a pea for the face then that is pretty thinly anyway.

Have tried so many creams/ointments and lotions over the years and I've learnt the hard way. Use a tiny tiny amount on a small area (spot) and wait a few hours.

I'll be doing the same with the honey treatment, just not worth the risk.

Different horses for different courses.
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Charlie,

Auburn always advises to use the virgin coconut oil SPARINGLY anyway!

A spot test is always advisable!

Keep us posted of your progress!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

So i put some on my forehead last night. I am a bit worried to use it on my cheeks as they are so sensitive and the honey almost feels like a scrub mask. Do you guys have sensitive skin too?
    Also how thin did you make it? I just took a bit of the honey and put some water on it to make it runny. It dried all sticky and tight on my forehead though.

Thanks.

bump