Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My fifth treatment of honey mask

Default My fifth treatment of honey mask

Tonight is my fifth treatment of honey mask. I think it is working pretty good so far. About the coconut oil, I used it on my face for three days before any honey mask treatment but it seem to redden my face. I think I was using too much oil on my face! Instead of the coconut oil, I am using the promiseb cream twice a day together with the honey mask every other day. I am sure I am seeing improvement and will try the coconut oil again.

I am very excited about this and will keep everyone posted about my progress.

Thanks for the update, Bichon. I am considering giving this a-go myself. What is promiseb cream?

Thanks,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Bichon View Post

Tonight is my fifth treatment of honey mask. I think it is working pretty good so far. About the coconut oil, I used it on my face for three days before any honey mask treatment but it seem to redden my face. I think I was using too much oil on my face! Instead of the coconut oil
    I have this question for you Bichon: If you thought that the raw honey/coconut oil treatment could help your condition, why did you decide to start with the oil alone first?

I am using the promiseb cream twice a day together with the honey mask every other day. I am sure I am seeing improvement and will try the coconut oil again.
    Are you treating your scalp and ears?
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Stphn View Post

What is promiseb cream?
    It's a prescription non-steroid cream. Rose is keeping her Promiseb log here: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=22333
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks, Auburn.

Auburn, thank you for reading my post! The reason I started with the coconut oil first because one of my friend suggested it. I find the coconut oil really moisture my skin to the point that I can move my face freely without any tight feeling. But my face looked redder than usual on day three. I think it's all because I apply too much oil on my face. So here I am visiting the forum and came across the honey treatment. So, I told myself what do I have to loose? I have been dealing with this skin problem for more than three years!

This is my story:

In 2006, I was on differin for acne, which I think I was misdiagnose. At that time my skin was feeling tight and there was a layer of dead skin on my face with alot of little tiny bumps along with some itchiness. I went ahead and used the Differin for couple months and my face was back to normal looking But at the same time my face was getting tighter each day. I think what I was dealing indeed was Seb Derm! However, my skin was perfect only after couple months of treatment but then my face started to burn, skin started to peel and my face started to turn red! I went back to the PA but she still insist my skin seem fine and I have no rosacea! Since then my face became VERY oily, especially on my nose and chin. So I went to a different derm.

In 2007, was told I have no acne but atopic dermatitis. Put me on Elidel and Aldactone. Because of my first experience with the derm I went to see another derm just want to confirm the diagnoses.

This third derm said I have POD and a form of Rosacea. Put me on antibiotic with no relieve!

I was very disappointed and when to see another derm. This one told me I have POD, Rosacea and Seb Derm. Since then I was on Oracea, and Elidel. Elidel was helping at first but it became less effective overtime.

In 2008 till present, my fourth derm very sure that I have seb derm and a little Rosacea. Since then I have
    tried Ovace wash but it's too drying, Electone and it's too oily, elidel everyday for the past three years with little help and promiseb recently.

At the moment, I hope I am dealing with seb derm only, my chin is so super sensitive with itchy red bumps that come and go. Once I see the red burning patch coming usually the promiseb will help. But the area always end up with a little red dot with a tiny white head in the middle. Sometime I will have that on my cheeks too. They just look like a little hives or red patches most of the time.

Auburn, thank you for helping people like me on this forum. I will stick with the treatment and hope for the best outcome. Wish me luck!

Stphn, so far the promiseb moisture my face pretty well but deep down I like the coconut oil better. Once my chin not acting too crazy I will try the coconut oil again and will certainly keep everyone posted.

In 2007,

Auburn, to answer your question I didn't use the honey on my scalp and ears. Both my ears and scalp don't itch however my ears will turn red when I use something to harsh on my face. And the top of my scalp does hurt sometime especially when I wear a cap that day. I remember before all this facial problem occur four years ago I was having a very bad sinus problem and was on a course of antibiotic, at the same time my scalp was very itchy with a lot of dandruff. At the same time, I was just recover from Grave disease. I think there are some relationship to it!

Recently, I tried Head and Shoulder to wash my face and find it very helpful in reducing the redness but it made my face feel really tight and dry. Does all this sound like a classic seb derm to you? BTW, I do flush from time to time, especially when I am in a warm room or out in the sun.

Thank you for reading my long post.

Hi again, Bichon.

The reason I started with the coconut oil first because one of my friend suggested it. I find the coconut oil really moisture my skin to the point that I can move my face freely without any tight feeling. But my face looked redder than usual on day three. I think it's all because I apply too much oil on my face.
    The redness could have been caused by the seb derm reacting to the oil (which is an antifungal). Regarding using too much oil, you will know if you are using too much oil when you start getting pimples overnight. That's why it is very important to apply only a minimal amount of coconut oil and never use it directly from the jar, as you would baby oil or any lotion.

Thanks for posting your story. You've been to some clueless doctors, like most of us.

Did you use the Aldactone? If so, how often and for how long? Have you used any other steroid creams since then?

How long have you been using Promiseb and how/where are you applying it?

Auburn, thank you for helping people like me on this forum.
    You are most welcome.

Auburn, to answer your question I didn't use the honey on my scalp and ears.
    If you want to control seb derm successfully, you ought to treat your scalp and ears. That's where the problem starts.

Recently, I tried Head and Shoulder to wash my face and find it very helpful in reducing the redness but it made my face feel really tight and dry. Does all this sound like a classic seb derm to you?
    Yes, pretty much so. Anti-dandruff shampoos help but he fungus that causes seb derm does develop a resistance to antifungal creams and shampoos. This does not happen with the raw honey. It is the enzymes in the honey what kills the fungus.

Start cleansing with raw honey and moisturize with a minimal amount of coconut oil as instructed here: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=20789 (print the primer and the FAQ and keep it handy, it contains a lot of very helpful info).

BTW, I do flush from time to time, especially when I am in a warm room or out in the sun.
    You may have mild rosacea, indeed. However, once the seb derm clears, the flushes will decrease, as well.

About the Aldactone, I was on it for three months and was told it might take up to six months to see it effectiveness such as less oil production on the face. However, my nose still oily and my face seem a kind of dry but The nurse told me it should not cause any dryness of the skin. But one thing for sure the Aldactone had eliminate the clog oil glad problem on my eye! I am off the drug for about a month already and the eyes problem came back full force so I think I will try to take it again.

Auburn, from now on I will treat both the scalp and ears as well. Thank you SOOoooo much for your kind advice!!

About the Promiseb I am using it to replace the Elidel. It is working okay. I only use it on my chin and cheeks. It gave me some small pimple from time to time but overall by far it is the cream my face won't react too badly.

Elidel is a good cream to use at first, but after years of daily usage it eventually stop working. I am glad I am off Elidel because it really cause my face to become very sensitive to heat. It was very difficult to off Elidel too, my face was so rashy and inflame like you won't believe it. But here come the coconut oil really help with the transition.

I hope my experience will help some people in this forum. Again, thank you for all of you out there to
    share your thought and personal experience. Especially to Sarah, she's the one believed i have seb derm afterall and that was three years ago! Thank you!