Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My battle with seborrehic dermatitis- 95% gone- with pics

Default My battle with seborrehic dermatitis- 95% gone- with pics

I've been meaning to do this for the past 3 weeks or so because i feel i owe it to you guys for helping me battle this condition. In this last month i have finally grabbed this condition by the balls and got it under control.
    It was about 10 months ago i came to this forum with the problem of itchy, red, dry, flaky skin. At the time i had been diagnosed withh rosacea. You guys helped me to come to the realisation that it was infact seb derm. Below are the pics which i first uploaded.

At this time my skin was at it's worst. It itched 24/7. And flakes were apparent when i ran my finger over the skin on my face

Since discovering that i had seb derm i have tried a multitude of things to battle the condition. I've got a lot less money and a shoebox of products to prove it Here are some of the thing's which did not help with my seb derm.......

dilluted apple cider vinegar, Avene eau thermale anti redness creme, znp bar, Paulas choice skin recovery daily moisturising lotion, daktarin cream gold and normal, minocycline, tetracycline, raw garlic, biotin supplements, zinc carnosine supplements, changed my diet (cut out pretty much all sugars), a million other various mositurising lotions........etc, etc.

It's crazy what will do to improve our condition, it became somewhat of a mission for me. However all of these done either little, nothing or exacerbated my condition.

Now to move on to my condition of recent. My itchiness has gone by about 99% and the redness by about 95%. I believe this reduction is down to the initial reduction in flakes. As most of who suffer from seb derm say, it's all a vicious cycle. The flakes appear, followed by the itchiness, followed by the redness.

I have 3 things that i have been using for approximately last 2 months. Raw honey masks, Sebclair cream and Salcura Zeoderm moisturiser. I think this is my magic combination

I initially used the raw honey mask. For the first month ii put it on quite thickly without water, this did make a marked improvement. However in the 2nd month i started putting water on my face first then putting a thin layer on it made a much more marked improvement. For ease of use i put it on before bed then wash it off in the morning. I've never managed to get it on my pillow a lot. I think thats because i only put it on my eyebrow area, cheeks, moustache line and nose area. Basically the areas effected by seb derm. The honey certainly made a difference in the noticeable flakes and attributed towards the recent improvement in my skin. I guess you could say it conditioned my skin

I bought my raw honey from here: http://www.pyreneeshoney.com/order-form.php

The second product which i use is a topical treatment called Sebclair made by sinclair pharmaceuticals. I think it is only available in Europe as of now. It contains no steroids and for me was something to try as opposed to the daktacort. I prefer this to the daktacort because it absorbs easier, isn't as greasy and does a better job with the redness. This was quite an expensive product, 30GBP or so. I'm also not convinced that this cream is doing as good job as i initially thought. However i'm still using it because i have an inkling it is doing something. I am going to do an experiment and cut it out in the next few weeks, see if it effects my seb derm.

The 3rd and final product that i use, and what i think has made the dramatic difference, is Salcura Zeoderm moisturiser. I tryed this first by getting a sample off the website. It was the first moisturiser i used that seemed to absorb straight away, made my skin feel more refreshed. So i bought a 50ml tube. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and it has made a huge reduction in the redness. This has also led to a massive reduction in the production of sebum. Since having seb derm my areas where i get seb derm get majorly oily. I had to blot these areas with toilet paper every couple of hours. Now i can go the whole day with only blotting the once. You wouldn't even be able to tell i had a skin condition now.
    You know when you go on these sites and they have products to promote. And they do this thing by posting before and after pics of their success stories and your like ''Yeah right, this is just a different person''. Well, such to my belief i am one of those success stories.

I would also like to add that i wash with cetaphil twice daily. This doesn't irritate my skin one bit.

All 3 of these products have helped made want my skin is at the moment. And hopefully will continue to. I wanted to post this all up because if any of the products above can help someone else like they have me, it'd make me an even happier person. My confidence is finally back and i don't worry nearly as much as i used about what others thought. Below are some recent pics and illustrate how much my skin has improved.......

There is still a little redness visible in my nasal folds and to the sides of my nose bridge but it's very faint. Nothing which bothers me

Also a couple things i have done to my diet which i forgot to mention. I have introduced sugar back in to my diet still limiting it somewhat though and it has not effected my skin. I also still drink alcohol and this has not made any effect on my skin since using the ''magic combo''. I think it did have a small effect on it previous though

Hi Dan,
    Progress looks great dude.

Well done indeed

Have you got a link to the Salcura Moisturising Cream? Theres seems to be few.

Skin looks great.

Nick

Your skin looks great, Dan. So glad you've got your condition under control. From now on it's just maintenance and during the summer time it should be even easier to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by dan pacifik View Post

The second product which i use is a topical treatment called Sebclair made by sinclair pharmaceuticals. I think it is only available in Europe as of now.
    Sebclair became available in the US last year under the brand name "Promiseb." Unfortunately, the accompanying shampoo is not yet available in the US.

The 3rd and final product that i use, and what i think has made the dramatic difference, is Salcura Zeoderm moisturiser. I tryed this first by getting a sample off the website. It was the first moisturiser i used that seemed to absorb straight away, made my skin feel more refreshed. So i bought a 50ml tube. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and it has made a huge reduction in the redness.
    This is very interesting. I looked up the ingredients, in case someone's interested:

Silicea (Micronised)
    Silicea is a homeopathic medicine used to help improve the condition of hair, skin, and nails. Its cleansing effects make it particularly useful in treating dry skin, nails, or hair. Can be used to improve acne, blemishes, ulcers, boils, inflammation, or generally sickly skin, infections from abscesses, skin eruptions, glass shards, and splinters. It can also be used for preventing hair loss and dandruff. Scar tissue visibility may be diminished through use of the mineral.

Borago Officinalis
    A herb known for its anti-inflammatory properties and has been studied for the treatment of gum disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and asthma

Linum Usitatissimum (flax seed/oil)
    Uses under research: colon disease, eczema, psoriasis, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, arthritis, allergies, multiple sclerosis, cancer, lupus, menopause, renal cysts, hypertension, and hyperactivity.

Palma Christii (castor oil)
    The ricinoleic acid in castor oil inhibits viruses and bacteria. It is able to penetrate skin tissue deeply, making it an effective treatment for acne.

Pelargonium Graveolens (rose geranium oil)
    Reduces inflammation. It can be used in skin care on any skin type and is good for sluggish, congested and oily skin.

TMAZ – Tribo Mechanically Activated Zeolite (alumosilicate mineral)‏
    Functions as an antioxidant, as a detoxifier, and an immunomodulator (a natural product that balances immune system function).

Well done, Dan. Wishing you continued success!
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks Nick & Auburn

Your skin looks great, Dan. So glad you've got your condition under control. From now on it's just maintenance and during the summer time it should be even easier to maintain.
    Exactly my thoughts, roll on summer

Nick- there are several places you can buy salcura zeoderm. I bought on pharmacy2u.co.uk, there are more if you google though. You can also visit the website at www.salcura.co.uk. You can pick and choose some samples aswell to see if you like it. I got some spray with mine but tried it a couple of times and thought the spray applicator majig was a bit rubbish. Let me know how you get on

Auburn- it's interesting to see those ingridients. All of that can't be bad at all!

Thumbs up

That is super news Dan! Your skin looks wonderful.
    I am thrilled for you and best wishes for continued success!

And thanks for coming back to let us know how well you are doing. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dan pacifik View Post

There is still a little redness visible in my nasal folds and to the sides of my nose bridge but it's very faint. Nothing which bothers me
    Looking good!!
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Melissa OMG u r sooo cute!!! i really like your hair in that avatar!!!
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Thankyou Erikson and Melissa- i'd feel guilty if i didn't let you know how i was getting on. I owe you guys a lot for all your help