Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No hope

Default No hope

Hi! I haven't been on the forum in a while as I needed a break from constantly worrying about my face. But, I thought I'd check back in to update you, although there is no good news to report sadly.

My problems started in Feb 09 when I used a foundation that my skin hated. Ever since my face has been intolerant to EVERYTHING and have developed severe rosacea and diagnosed with MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) I haven't been able to wash my face in over a year now. I gently wipe my eyes in the morning with a little warm water and that's it.I guess it doesn't help that my body is really sick with immune problems.

The first derm I saw about my face told me I will now have this skin sensitivity for the rest of my life and will NEVER EVER be able to uses anything on my skin again. At the time I thought...'...I'll show you! I'll fight this all the way'...(after crying solidly for a week!)

A year later and there is no change. Thankfully I'm housebound anyway due to suffering from severe M.E./CFS. I am in total despair every day at my skin and wonder all the time how I'm supposed to live my life now not being able to wash my face without being in so much pain from burning/redness/itching/inflammation. What self respecting woman would be seen dead at a party, wedding etc etc with a face that hasn't been washed in years???!! (that's alone from the no make-up issue etc which in my opinion is a girls best friend but sadly not mine anymore) I now believe the derm was right.

I used to be able to highlight my hair, wear make up and feel proud about myself. Now I hate myself and never let anyone see me except my 2 Brothers and I'm even feel awful infront of them. I cry all the time.

All the suggestions/meds/ etc I've been given, taken, advised upon all make my skin worse. Today, after months of leaving my face alone...I tried to wash it in warm water with a microsoft flannel. I was sooo desperate to cleanse it as it's so dirty. My face now is burning beyond belief and I'm sat here in tears. All I used was a bit of warm water. Mineral water at that.

Sorry this post is long and sad. I just thought I'd check in with you. I hope other sufferers are having more luck with their faces.

SG6

Oh SG,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still suffering so; but delighted that you have posted.

There are so many wise people on here, I hope & pray that someone has some words

of wisdom and help for you.

It complicates things that, as you so your immune system is so weak.

What support do you get from your GP?

Hugs Judyx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hi SG,
    I am so very very sad that you are dealing with this level of pain for so long.
    My heart goes out to you. I don't feel that this is a hopeless situation at all though.
    I think there is an answer for you with the right doctor, I really do.

I am PMing you now.

Big hugs,
    Missy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi SG,
    I am so very very sad that you are dealing with this level of pain for so long.
    My heart goes out to you. I don't feel that this is a hopeless situation at all though.
    I think there is an answer for you with the right doctor, I really do.

I am PMing you now.

Big hugs,
    Missy
    I am so glad that Melissa has some ideas.

Hugs Judyx
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

As I'm now bed bound, I can't see my g.p. I talk to her on the phone although as appointments are short (I get about 5 mins with her on phone) I have to use that time to talk about my more major health issues. I don't talk to her about my face as she can't help. She doesn't know enough about the condition and all she knows what to do is prescribe drugs that make me very ill as I'm allergic or intolerant. She does however know how upset I am and I'm on anti depressants.

I think as I'm so sick and so ill I've just lost all hope. There is no cure for M.E. and as I'm unable to see derms further afield, I've just given up. Being bedbound means you have few options. I can hear you all screaming at me...'well if you have that attitude then we can't help!'. I'm only young and have been ill for the last 18 years so being sick every day for that length of time....your positivity wears very thin. I have no idea what it's like to feel well.

Thanks for the reply.

SG6

SG,
    Also, here's a thought. Have you ever considered this:

http://www.cpnhelp.org/

Some very smart people believe that infection with this very common microorganism can cause a variety of severe illnesses in certain predisposed individuals and that treating this infection can alleviate the suffering and disease manifestation itself.

Worth considering IMO.

Thanks for the pm's. Very kind. I'm in England Melissa. Thanks Auburn for your help, too. xx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/54...-the-mind.html

Please read this link about ME.
    I live in Belgium where the study is made.
    It's (again) about some bad organisms in the gut.

You can improve your immune system easily, but not with allopathic medecine, that's for sure.

A little abstract :

"In recent years, and in collaboration with a microbiologist, Dr Henry Butt, and his team at the University of Melbourne, Prof De Meirleir has focused on bacteria in the gastro-intestinal tract. "This is an obvious place to start since 80 per cent of immune system cells are located here," he says. A healthy, functioning gut is colonised by "good" bacteria that aid digestion and contribute to our wellbeing. Many ME patients suffer from multiple intestinal symptoms, and Prof De Meirleir believes that an overgrowth of "bad" bacteria, including enterococci, streptococci and prevotella, is to blame. These bacteria are normally present in very small quantities in a healthy gut, but can initiate a sequence of events leading to the multifarious symptoms of ME if they proliferate. (This research will be published in the journal In Vivo, in July).

These "bad" bacteria produce hydrogen sulphide (H2S)– a gas naturally occurring in the body, where it has several functions – in minute quantities. However, in larger quantities, it is a poisonous gas that suppresses the immune system, and damages the nervous system, according to Prof De Meirleir. (Hydrogen sulphide is produced by some animals in preparation for hibernation because it "shuts down" the body which, in effect, is what occurs in ME.) In addition, Prof De Meirleir described how he believes the gas reacts with metals, including mercury, introduced in minute amounts as contaminants in food. The form of mercury produced after reacting with hydrogen sulphide also disrupts the normal production of energy (known as the Krebs Cycle) by individual cells, and this, he says, would explain the energy shortfall experienced by ME patients.
    "

Check also this one :
    http://mdheal.org/healthprofessional...aldisorder.pdf
    Last edited by MasK; 12th March 2010 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks for the info MasK. Fascinating and hopefully helpful for Lynne!
    It is amazing how many real diseases are dismissed initially as psychosomatic by the medical community.

Default Hope and comfort

SG6,

You came here for hope and comfort and I think you have found it. You may already know about these sites:

http://www.co-cure.org/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_fatigue_syndrome
    http://www.cfids-me.org/
    http://www.ahummingbirdsguide.com/
    http://www.blueribboncampaignforme.org/

As to your sensitive skin, have you tried putting yogurt or milk on your face? Can you tolerate cold water on your face?

I concur with Melissa to find a sensitive dermatologist who is willing to work with you. It may take time to obtain one but in England I suggest Dr. Tony Chu or Dr. Peter Crouch.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi