Thread: I'm Bub, Mild Ros, Not-Mild Thread Veins

Default I'm Bub, Mild Ros, Not-Mild Thread Veins

Hi all.

This veinwave reasearch business is about to blow my stack. I can't get my mind wrapped around it. On the one hand, apparently a bazillion of these machines are out there zapping a small country's worth of threaded noses every day, but none of them talk about their experiences on the internet.

Except a dozen or so that say it doesn't work. Where's everybody else? So, here, on this lovely forum (it really is, you guys are great), there's Mirradodga (best name ever, isn't it?) with some limited success (if you'd respond to this post, Mr. Mirra, I'd be very thankful). In the whole wide world web, I've found one guy after months of searching who has a detailed chronicle of a somewhat successful veinwave story. Where's everybody else? All these veiny souls stretched out on all these television shows getting zapped: if the veins are coming right back, or worse, why are there no "VEINWAVE IS A SCAM!" expose follow-ups turning up on the Google Mobile? I've googled "veinwave scam," "veinwave ineffective," "always come back" + "veinwave," and dozens - no, hundreds - more. It's like there's a black hole that's sucking up all the good veinwave info.

Here's what it SEEMS like must be the case with veinwave, adding up all the tiny scraps I can find: It never permanently removes all the veins. It usually temporarily removes most of the veins. End of conclusions. But that's such a fuzzy picture. What do I do with that?

Can I count on one or two veinwave treatments per year POSSIBLY taking care of my thread veins for the rest of my life? Is this even feasible? Dr. Crouch likes a different machine for rosacea, but my rosacea is mild. My veins are awful and threatening to become awfuller.

Okay, deep breath.

Here's me: 36 years old. Male. Always blushed, but never to where it's a real problem. I get really, really red in the face & ears about once per month. But I have these thread veins. A half dozen of them, and they ain't little. You can see them from waaaaayyyy over there. My skin is darker than super-white, and I tan easily, so I know I'm not a type I. I may be as light as a type II - the dark end of that type - and I hope that doesn't exlude me from all laser possibilities if, indeed, this veinwave business is just an unsolvable mystery.

One last note: I do have a consultation scheduled with a board cert. place that does veinwave, but when I wrote the Dr. telling him my internet review befuddlement, his response was as cryptic as the web reviews themselves. I don't mind taking a calculated gamble. But I can't get my calculator to solve "squat times nothing."

HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubdylan View Post
    Hi all.

This veinwave reasearch business is about to blow my stack. I can't get my mind wrapped around it. On the one hand, apparently a bazillion of these machines are out there zapping a small country's worth of threaded noses every day, but none of them talk about their experiences on the internet.

Except a dozen or so that say it doesn't work. Where's everybody else? So, here, on this lovely forum (it really is, you guys are great), there's Mirradodga (best name ever, isn't it?) with some limited success (if you'd respond to this post, Mr. Mirra, I'd be very thankful). In the whole wide world web, I've found one guy after months of searching who has a detailed chronicle of a somewhat successful veinwave story. Where's everybody else? All these veiny souls stretched out on all these television shows getting zapped: if the veins are coming right back, or worse, why are there no "VEINWAVE IS A SCAM!" expose follow-ups turning up on the Google Mobile? I've googled "veinwave scam," "veinwave ineffective," "always come back" + "veinwave," and dozens - no, hundreds - more. It's like there's a black hole that's sucking up all the good veinwave info.

Here's what it SEEMS like must be the case with veinwave, adding up all the tiny scraps I can find: It never permanently removes all the veins. It usually temporarily removes most of the veins. End of conclusions. But that's such a fuzzy picture. What do I do with that?

Can I count on one or two veinwave treatments per year POSSIBLY taking care of my thread veins for the rest of my life? Is this even feasible? Dr. Crouch likes a different machine for rosacea, but my rosacea is mild. My veins are awful and threatening to become awfuller.

Okay, deep breath.

Here's me: 36 years old. Male. Always blushed, but never to where it's a real problem. I get really, really red in the face & ears about once per month. But I have these thread veins. A half dozen of them, and they ain't little. You can see them from waaaaayyyy over there. My skin is darker than super-white, and I tan easily, so I know I'm not a type I. I may be as light as a type II - the dark end of that type - and I hope that doesn't exlude me from all laser possibilities if, indeed, this veinwave business is just an unsolvable mystery.

One last note: I do have a consultation scheduled with a board cert. place that does veinwave, but when I wrote the Dr. telling him my internet review befuddlement, his response was as cryptic as the web reviews themselves. I don't mind taking a calculated gamble. But I can't get my calculator to solve "squat times nothing."

HELP!
    Hi Bub,
    Sorry, I replied to your other post on the Gut Health issue.

Truly Veinwave is not a scam, nor is it a massive deal. You book an appointment, have the treatment, be prepared for around 1 week downtime, then see that the veins have gone.Yes you have to return for top-ups, and it maybe that the person that treats you did not get all of the veins first time around so you have to return to get further treatment.

If the problem veins are just mainly on the nose , then just ask the doc to treat them alone and leave you face cheeks, they are Ok with this.

Whatever way you look at it, it seems that you are determined to have some form of treatment to rid you of the problem veins , and here is the thing, nearly all the treatments available like IPL/Laser/Veinwave are priced similarly, so why not try one session of Veinwave and if it does not work as well as you expected, then look at different options.

If you go over some of my previous post's it may shed more light on some questions you may still have.

One more thing, I tried a couple of different treatment centres and found that Mr Newman was the best at administering the treatment, he seem to know the best way to tackle the big stubborn veins, I do not know why I had more success with him than at the other place, because I presumed all the Veinwave machines were the same !! maybe because he invented the machine or he is more skilled, I do not know the answer to this.

Anyhow, good luck with what ever you try

MD

A million thanks, MD. That all sounds very reasonable. My mind has been racing to the worst, of course. Something's goofy with my PM'ing, maybe I've not fulfilled all the forum requirements? I confess I scanned most of the "read this first" page, sorry mods.

Anyway, it seems like the hard truth is that each individual's condition is impossible to map out without jumping in and trying some things. I hate limbo. (I almost proposed to my next door neighbor last night just to relieve the central suspense of my life - will I ever be married? [not that I don't like her]. A formula for panic is waiting till your late 30's to go looking for a woman and then discover your nose is about to freak out). Anyway...

You are the first candid contact I've had in this whole ordeal, and you can't know how appreciated it is. I'll keep my appointment with Dr. Kingsley (Dr. Newman I can't get to, I'm in the U.S.) and see how it goes. He charges $200 for the consult and his web site seems real; professional, but not glossy. So here's hoping this all translates into some degree of honesty.

Thanks again,

Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Bubdylan View Post
    A million thanks, MD. That all sounds very reasonable. My mind has been racing to the worst, of course. Something's goofy with my PM'ing, maybe I've not fulfilled all the forum requirements? I confess I scanned most of the "read this first" page, sorry mods.

Anyway, it seems like the hard truth is that each individual's condition is impossible to map out without jumping in and trying some things. I hate limbo. (I almost proposed to my next door neighbor last night just to relieve the central suspense of my life - will I ever be married? [not that I don't like her]. A formula for panic is waiting till your late 30's to go looking for a woman and then discover your nose is about to freak out). Anyway...

You are the first candid contact I've had in this whole ordeal, and you can't know how appreciated it is. I'll keep my appointment with Dr. Kingsley (Dr. Newman I can't get to, I'm in the U.S.) and see how it goes. He charges $200 for the consult and his web site seems real; professional, but not glossy. So here's hoping this all translates into some degree of honesty.

Thanks again,

Bub
    Hi Bub,
    I'm sure you will be fine, go to the appointment and get a feel for the place. Ask him how much experience he has had with a veinwave machine, what is the success rate etc etc.

MD