Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In Praise of Purpuric V Beam

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post

Thanks to you and Natalja I have started again on the clonidine and it's starting to help me more as days go by. Yesterday I was at a doctor's office it was so warm like if they had the heat on, finally after waiting for about half an hour I was brought in to see the dr. he spend about an hour with me and all through that time my ears specially should have been purple 1st time i leave a doctor's office an i dont looked flushed. I was spraying water on my ears but this usually doenst stop the flushing from happening so this time the clonidine came to my rescue!
    That's fantastic news, Alba. Finally something works!
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

More V Beam misery, two days afterwards... Only posting this because you can see how well it turned out. Be brave, you guys! This sh*t heals!

V Beam misery again, initially horrified but you can see how well things turned out...

Flushing during healing after third purpuric V Beam, you can see the flush is so dark and so red that it actually obliterates the V Beam bruises. Agony! I haven't flushed like this AT ALL since my FOURTH purpuric V Beam, and this used to be a NIGHTLY occurrence. Is deliverance at hand? We will see. I will keep you posted.

We are all wishing you the best of luck and a speedy recovery WC!!
    Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

I would use your before and after pictures for the Marketing of VBeam. Be proud of yourself, that was a brave act that pays off. No risk no return. Period.
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

My V Beam doctor is now trying something new.

My first three purpuric treatments (Nov, Dec, Jan.) were on an average power of about 8 joules with a very brief pulse duration, something like 4ms. Those three treatments ruptured many blood vessels and left me very bruised. See above pictures.

For February and March, he tried something new. He turned the pulse duration way up as long as the machine would go, to something like 40ms.

Apparently this then allowed him to turn the power WAY UP to 28 joules, and it also allowed the beam to go deeper, to eradicate the deep feeder vessels.

The results were really extraordinary.

First of all, I almost didn't bruise. Some little specklie things, but nothing like the full purple mask I'd gotten before.

Also, interestingly, I got just as swollen afterwards, or maybe even more so, which means the machine was still doing a lot of vascular damage, which is, after all, what we want.

Most amazingly, since that February treatment, I have not flushed nearly as deeply or as painfully.

That deep treatment with the long pulse duration on the higher setting seemed to knock the sh*t out of my infuriating, spontaneous flushing. No more of the deep, purple, painful flushing that's been my constant companion since late summer of 2008.

So this is really rather astonishing.

These new treatments don't leave me reeling, I'm normal looking in 1 1/2 weeks instead of 3 1/2 weeks, and they seem to really knock out the flushing, something that has been unbelievably hard to do. My rosacea is tenacious!

It's really good news. I still can't really wrap my mind around it fully.

Here's hoping posting these settings will help somebody else. This might be a good approach if you cannot take a lot of time off from work to heal, or if you work with the public and cannot go around covered in dark purple bruises and welts for three weeks afterwards.

Cheers!

I am going to talk to my laser derm about this method. My flushing has once again started to be a daily thing. I flush very much like you MC. Although since purpuric vbeam the flushing seems isolated to the top half of my cheeks. It does prove to me that it can work!

Once I have my baby I will be able to go back on Clonidine and Mepacrine. Can't wait for the relief tbh.

Hello WrinkledClue!

I am glad to see you got so great results!

Anyone else that can answer my questions also, feel free to do so.

As I understood my derm, new technology prevent patients from having this blue/dark colour after Vbeam. He is using Vbeam perfecta, I think. He said patients had blue/black cheeks 5-10 years ago, after Vbeam.

Is he wrong?

Is Purpuric Vbeam different, and maybe stronger and more effective than Vbeam perfecta?

Hello Snegovik,

You can get a purpuric OR a non purpuric V Beam treatment from a Candela V Beam Perfecta machine.

Purpuric just means bruising. Purpuric is from the Latin 'purpura', meaning "purple".

'Perfecta' is one type of V Beam machine, made by Candela Laser Corp.

You can have V Beam treatments that are bruising, ie. purpuric, or you can have V Beam treatments that are NOT bruising.

You can have V Beam treatments WITH the Candela Perfecta, or with OTHER pulse dye V Beam lasers.

I think what your doctor is trying to tell you is that the Candela V Beam Perfecta now makes it possible to have much hotter treatments (that destroy more blood vessels) with less chance of the bruising that always used to follow.

The new generation V Beams, of which Perfecta is one, deliver a lot more energy into the skin without bruising.

These new lasers deliver a lot of energy without putting a ton of heat into the skin, which also means that you suffer less from flushing after a treatment, in addition to being less likely to bruise.

It is still possible to turn the fluence (power) up enough with a Perfecta so that you DO bruise.

In my experience, bruising treatments eradicate more blood vessels, so they are a more efficient use of my time and money and suffering. When you bruise, you KNOW the blood vessels are GONE; they are ruptured.

Other folks, however, say that they do better with NON bruising treatments.

Hope this clears things up.
    Last edited by WrinkledClue; 17th March 2010 at 12:55 AM.