Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Perioral dermatitis; questions!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    I'm glad you're having success with honey, Samilynn, but I would like to point out that I do not personally advocate using it with yogurt.

I add a small amount (10%) of non-chlorinated (bottled) water. The enzyme in raw honey is called 'glucose oxidase' and it makes hydrogen peroxide when honey is diluted in water. That's the reaction you're looking for.

On Wiki is says this: 'The glucose oxidase enzyme is an oxido-reductase that catalyses the oxidation of glucose to hydrogen peroxide...'

I'm not a chemist so I have no idea if yogurt can cause a similar reaction but if it appears to be working for you then... fabulous, I hope it continues.

I tried similar to Tom's mix because I thought I had tried honey before with no results. I have tried so many things over the months with out documenting so it's hard to remember them all. So this AM I am doing a little experiment (before I shower because honey is so sticky). I got out my honey, both organic locally grown. One is the type that looks like regular honey/bear container that actually you can pour. The other is very thick almost hard like lard with lots of black/brown stuff from the honey comb at the top of the jar. It feels almost like sugar because it is very granulated. I mixed both with a little warm bottled drinking water and put in different lesions on my face. I will post results without yogart on the new fungus/yeast thread I started. I am sure I have a mix of candida/malessizia yeast so the results won't be the same for everyone.

Also I don't know all the scientific info but I read that why yogurt helps with some but not all yeast/fungal is because of the lactic acid. I have not read up yet on how this applies to each type of different yogurt. Also I have 2 types of organic plain yogurt, one non fat and one 2%. I know I read about anti cancer diet and was eating cottage cheese with freshly ground flax seeds they insisted you use the 4% or regular cottage cheese because the fat did something chemically to help. I'm no scientist either so just limping along and doing my best because we can learn but who can spend 12 hrs a day reading all of this stuff??

Default Mederma is my quick fix for Perioral Dermatitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ubaxter View Post
    Yes, if I find any information I will definitely let you know and please do the same. I'm miserable and my wedding is in 2 months. I'm keeping more fingers crossed that my skin will improve by then.
    Mederma Advanced Scar Gel worked for my perioral dermatitis in just a few days. It stopped the angry burning sensation immediately and after a couple days my skin was clear. I also don't use use fabric softener or products that contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Good luck!

Red face

I got POD after taking antibiotics. It came just after the course ended and stayed. My immune system crashed and I'm slowly rebuilding it but sometimes I get flare ups still, other times its almost gone..

I offer no sure cures but I just wanted to mention a concealer that I use that makes no difference to it at all. No worse, no better. Foundation is whole other story but wanted to share this, because for me, I can apply this and go out and feel half normal.

It is the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. Granted is not really for redness because it has a bit of a shiny element to it and its not exactly full coverage. Its really more for under the eyes, but honestly, when your face is angry red, you take what you can get.

For me it will take the nasty angry red and turn it into what looks like mild scaring. I look almost normal from a distance. I haven't had any reactions to it. It may slow down the healing process as opposed to leaving your skin naked but sometimes you also just want to crawl under a rock and die with this condition.

I tried a foundation by Rimmel. The perfection one. Burned and made everything worse. So that's a no in my book. Does anyone have any 'safe' makeup they use on occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by tea.drinker View Post
    Does anyone have any 'safe' makeup they use on occasion?
    'Real Purity' Health Glow Foundation has these ingredients:

Distilled Water, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Kaolin Clay, Pure Rice Bran Oil, Iron Oxide

I have ultra sensitive skin but this foundation doesn't cause me any break outs.