Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: hey please help me. my face is gettting bad

Hi Tom,

Quote Originally Posted by MajorTom View Post

I applied coconut oil after a wash to the affected areas such as around the nose, chin and forehead last night before i went to sleep, and woke up to find all the areas i applied it to are terrible inflamed and i have a horrible burning feeling in all the areas, it really stings. It was better before i applied the oil [...] My question is this, Iam having a allergic reaction to the coconut oil (its pure), am I using to much or this is normal and just bringing the infected cells to the surface?
    Well, spot testing is always recommended and, while what you describe does not sound like an allergic reaction to me, it is possible, of course.

You are probably using too much oil, yes, and you have to apply the oil all over your face and scalp. One tablespoon of oil should be enough to moisturize your entire body. Don't apply it straight from the jar but as instructed in the primer/FAQ.

Worsening of symptoms should be expected during the first two weeks.

Are you washing your face with a cleanser or just water?

intend to apply honey masks when the stores get some pure honey in stock
    Pure is not the same as raw. You need raw/unprocessed/unheated honey for this. And the coconut oil should be virgin.

Good luck.

PS: Try adding pre and probiotics to your diet and limit the sugar intake to a minimum.
    Last edited by Auburn; 13th July 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks for the fast reply. I think i did use too much oil, and might have applied it wrong.

When washing, I found that applying water directly to my face was making things worse, so i now just fill my sink up with water and gently submerge my face into it (weird i know). I wash my face with cold water and either aloe vera or simple soaps.

Worth mentioning is that my face looked good after the wash, but got worse as i slept. I have no college for the next couple of months so i intend to keep the treatment up for at least 4-5 weeks to see if it gets any better.

Thank you.

Thanks for the fast reply. I think i did use too much oil, and might have applied it wrong.
    You are welcome. Yes, that usually causes a reaction, that's why I am always telling people to be very stingy with the oil, it does make a huge difference how and how much you apply.

When washing, I found that applying water directly to my face was making things worse, so i now just fill my sink up with water and gently submerge my face into it (weird i know). I wash my face with cold water and either aloe vera or simple soaps.
    Once you get the raw honey, start cleansing with it (regular soaps are too alkaline for the face).

I have no college for the next couple of months so i intend to keep the treatment up for at least 4-5 weeks to see if it gets any better.
    The first couple of weeks can be a bit rocky but things do improve markedly during the third week. Take a look: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=20996

Good luck and keep us posted.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Worth mentioning is that my face looked good after the wash, but got worse as i slept. I have no college for the next couple of months so i intend to keep the treatment up for at least 4-5 weeks to see if it gets any better.

Thank you.
    hey i was at this stage with my seb derm. i was affraid to touch the skin when i was rinsing it. when i was at this period with my skin i had alot of ups and downs. set backs and small times of progress. the only thing i ve found for improvement was the born to be mild derma doctor skin cleaner. when i apply this to my face i rub my face even on the infected areas to remove the dead skin. u cant be afraid to touch it. and for the first week my face was pretty red from this. almost the reddist it had been. but after the first week and continuing the use of the wash i mentioned my skin is the best it has been in YEARS. will be posting new pics soon.

Auburn, I'm gonna print your faq now, but I was looking at all the pix here and this guy's face looked very oily at first, now is looking better. Why is that? I know you say to put very little oil, is it because it makes you very oily? Sorry I keep asking this but that's what I'm most concerned about. Thanks.

Hi Jamie,

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Auburn, I'm gonna print your faq now, but I was looking at all the pix here and this guy's face looked very oily at first, now is looking better. Why is that?
    If you apply the oil as instructed, it won't make your skin look oily at all.

I know you say to put very little oil, is it because it makes you very oily? Sorry I keep asking this but that's what I'm most concerned about. Thanks.
    I understand. My T-zone was very, very oily when the seb derm was active and I had to shampoo my hair every single day, otherwise it'd look disgusting, really.

The raw honey and the coconut oil are wonderful skin conditioners, they help heal the skin barrier. You will notice that your skin and hair will start to look less oily as you apply the masks and moisturize with the oil.

Personally, I couldn't be happier, you know, because since I got my seb derm under control, I could go one or two days without shampooing.

Auburn, I'm gonna print your faq now, but I was looking at all the pix here and this guy's face looked very oily at first, now is looking better. Why is that? I know you say to put very little oil, is it because it makes you very oily? Sorry I keep asking this but that's what I'm most concerned about. Thanks.
    it really doesnt matter how much oil u put on. if u feel like u put on to much u can just take a paper towel and pat the wetter areas away. my skin looks decent because i added to my treatment. please read through the last few pages of this thread to see my regimen.

It matters, it does man. Oil's you gotta use very little. I seen your pix your skin looks good, but shiny. Paper towel ain't workin.

That cleanser your using now is like weak Head 'n Shoulders that I've been using forever on head and forehead, scalp keeps itching like crazy, gunk on eyebrow's. Nah I'll try the original honey and oil method.

Auburn, your t-zone is dry now? Did it get dry in four weeks too?

It matters, it does man. Oil's you gotta use very little. I seen your pix your skin looks good, but shiny. Paper towel ain't workin.

That cleanser your using now is like weak Head 'n Shoulders that I've been using forever on head and forehead, scalp keeps itching like crazy, gunk on eyebrow's. Nah I'll try the original honey and oil method.

the cleanser is really different then head and shoulders. tons of less irritants. you are severly miss informed. and really its not rocket science. if u have to much oil on ur face u dab it with a paper towel and the excess oil will be removed. how are u going to tell me that doesnt work? are u just trying to be ignorant? if your going to bring hostility to this thread please see ur way out of it. contact aurburn threw pm's. not here.
    Last edited by legendsneverdie; 17th July 2010 at 11:52 PM.

Hi Jamie,

My T-zone is not dry but rather what's considered "normal." One of the great things about treating seb derm with raw honey and coconut oil is that they stop the sebum production overdrive. I couldn't tell you exactly when my skin became non-oily again because it happened gradually but I'd say a couple of months after I started treating my seb derm.

You are right, Legend's skin looks shiny in most photos, you are not the first person to have made that remark. Dabbing with tissue paper may not completely remove excess oil.

Incidentally, you have not brought hostility to this thread or made any ignorant comments and, since this is an open forum and the threads are not proprietary, feel free to post comments and questions to any thread.

Let's keep things civil, gentlemen, shall we?