Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: hey please help me. my face is gettting bad

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Looking very sweet, my dear!

The day after tomorrow (Friday), when you apply the honey again, wet your hair and towel-dry it before you start. That will make it easier to part and apply the honey. Also, see if you can get a long tail comb - actually, now that I think about it, a chopstick may work too. Oh, and you don't need to cover your hair with honey, just the scalp.

I would stop using the Selsun Blue on the face. Use it on the scalp only a couple of times a week, if you wish, but don't let it touch your face.

This is important: apply the oil thinly. When the oil is solid is easier to measure (it liquefies at 76 F so if your place is rather warm, keep the oil in the fridge). You only need a pea-size amount for the whole face. Rub it between your fingers and apply. If you put too much coconut oil on your face, it might saturate the skin and you'll wake up with pimples, which I'm sure you can do without. So, easy on the oil.

Tomorrow morning, cleanse with something very mild or just water for now, and moisturize with the coconut oil.

What cleanser have you been using, btw?
    i wasnt really washing my face cause i thought anything would irrate the dry skin cause i thought it was eczema. but i do have this in the shower from a while ago:

i think its the generic cetaphil, but it doesnt say face wash on it. so maybe i should use that?
    u think i should sleep with the honey mask on? i should do the honey mask every other day or everyday? i thought it was everyday the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    Feels great does it not!!!

By not applying it ALL over my hair I can sleep in it as long as I do not turn on my face. I can't tell you how well this works for me. When I wake in the morning my skin is so calm and cool. I also sleep with a soft cover over my blanket that I don't mind if it gets dirty.

Do it however works for you though.

I think you will keep having good results. I say just go with honey right now!!!
    so hey, you had SD and honey got rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by legendsneverdie View Post

so maybe i should use that?
    Yes, you could use the Cetaphil but not in the shower. Don't let hot water touch your face (it's not good for us, seb derm sufferers). From now on, try facing away from the shower head. If you have one, use a hand held shower head to rinse your head.

When the three hours have elapsed, rinse the honey off before taking a shower. No need to use the cleanser, just rinse the honey off then take a shower and shampoo your scalp with a regular shampoo and try to keep it from touching your face. Moisturize with coconut oil after showering.

u think i should sleep with the honey mask on?
    Please do not.

i should do the honey mask every other day or everyday? i thought it was everyday the first week.
    Every-other-day, for four weeks.

Moisturize with coconut oil every day, morning and night.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by dan pacifik View Post
    The redness will fade, not completely but to a degree where you feel better about yourself. I'd definitely stop the steroid cream though. I've never used it myself and have nearly managed to rid myself of most symptoms. Be patient, and try not to be angry with yourself. It will only make the seb derm worse. Do something that makes you feel better about yourself...... exercise etc.

Do give the honey a go though, it certainly has helped alleviate some of my symptoms. For now i'd just try that. When the redness has subsided try some watered down nizoral once every day but then once the flakes and redness has started to fade miss a day or 2 in between. Make sure you get a good moisturiser (oil-free maybe better). I've just got some samples of Sakura's Zeoderm moisturiser (free off the website) and so far i'm really impressed with it. Absorbs quickly.

You may also want to get a ketoconazole cream like daktakort gold or nizoral. This should help to fight the itch and redness throughout the day. I currently use sebclair which works better imo
    what if i used the coco oil or eucerin as mostirizer, do u think that will be good? is eucerin a ok mostirizer along with honey/coco oil treatment?

what if i used the coco oil or eucerin as mostirizer, do u think that will be good? is eucerin a ok mostirizer along with honey/coco oil treatment?
    While Eucerin is just a moisturizer, virgin coconut oil is a skin conditioner with anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, that's why it works so well for seb derm, in conjunction with the raw honey.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    While Eucerin is just a moisturizer, virgin coconut oil is a skin conditioner with anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, that's why it works so well for seb derm, in conjunction with the raw honey.
    should i wash it off its been 3 hours?

edit: missed your reply. guess is hould.
    Last edited by legendsneverdie; 25th February 2010 at 05:11 AM.

should i wash it off its been 3 hours?
    I just answered your question. Scroll up a bit, we were posting at the same time, at 12:01

As for sleeping in the honey, it works well for me, much better than the three hour removal. I feel it is just starting to work at that time. The information about the three hour removal comes from one single study. You can read about it in Auburns link.

Auburn, what do you think the danger of sleeping in the mask is? Don't you think this COULD have benefits? It sure has for me. Has worked wonders.... it worked much better than the three hour removal technique. If you had tried sleeping in the honey mask you could now compare along with me.

This one study you promote, there really shooting from the hip. They may be in a lab and in white suits but they are still people like you and me. Do you think if they made the removal mark at 5 hours the results would be negated. Or how about two? What is so magical about this third hour? I say, the more time spent in the healing properties of honey the better! And yes, I remember your one point about people not wanting to spend that much time and energy in the mask and not getting turned onto it because of that, but, you also talk about people being in real pain and needing answers. A SMALL PRICE TO PAY. I say this as someone not just here to socialize but as someone who thinks sleeping in the honey mask WILL PROVIDE BETTER RESULTS. Especially for a face that is in desperate need of repair. What healing goes on through the night for me sometimes!!!

Anyway, your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    As for sleeping in the honey, it works well for me, much better than the three hour removal. I feel it is just starting to work at that time. The information about the three hour removal comes from one single study. You can read about it in Auburns link.

Auburn, what do you think the danger of sleeping in the mask is? Don't you think this COULD have benefits? It sure has for me. Has worked wonders.... it worked much better than the three hour removal technique. If you had tried sleeping in the honey mask you could now compare along with me.

This one study you promote, there really shooting from the hip. They may be in a lab and in white suits but they are still people like you and me. Do you think if they made the removal mark at 5 hours the results would be negated. Or how about two? What is so magical about this third hour? I say, the more time spent in the healing properties of honey the better! And yes, I remember your one point about people not wanting to spend that much time and energy in the mask and not getting turned onto it because of that, but, you also talk about people being in real pain and needing answers. A SMALL PRICE TO PAY. I say this as someone not just here to socialize but as someone who thinks sleeping in the honey mask WILL PROVIDE BETTER RESULTS. Especially for a face that is in desperate need of repair. What healing goes on through the night for me sometimes!!!

Anyway, your thoughts?
    hm i really have no idea so i cant comment on the sleepin with honey. but maybe ur right. idk what abrun thinks. but i put the organic coconut oil on my face. and arbrun said it kinda does the same stuff the raw hoeny does. i got it on my face right now. and this time last night my face was itchy. and honestly right now it is hardly itching. and the coconut oil makes my hands feel really soft cuz i rubbed it into my hands after i put it on my face. but if the 3 hour honey treatment didnt do anything at all after a few weeks maybe 3 hours is to short. i really have no idea though!

Legends,

Do you think you could update your thread as you continue the honey treatment? Perhaps once a week, if you see it fit. I am thinking that it could provide a fantastic reference for other seb derm sufferers. I wish I had taken photos, as you are doing, when I started with mine. It just never crossed my mind.

BTW, this thing of sleeping with the honey mask on is something that Solutionquest has been trying to get people to do just because he believes the more, the better. He has not posted before and after photos so all we have is a claim from an anonymous forum member. How do we know he really is leaving the honey on all night? How do we know this person can be trusted?

The three-hour, every other day, is what the doctors who conducted the clinical double-blind study on real patients did. It worked for their patients. It worked for me and other members of this forum.

May you wake up with a calmer skin tomorrow. Take care.

hey guys i didnt mean to make a fight.
    well if the 3 hours of honey doesnt work in a few weeks i ll put a towel on my pillow and sleep with it on.

day 2 pics:
    (woke up , but coconut oil on face, put some diaper rash cream over the red spots, kind of works as a makeup so i dont have to be ashamed, came home from school, washed it all off with cold water, and seriously put the slightitest dab of selsun blue possible on my hand rubbed my hands together rinsed 1 hand off, kept the soap on the other hand. use the smallest amout of soap possible to rinse the diaper rash cream off, and put on the coconut oil on my face after words. here is a pic about 2 hours after the oil was applied, i m thinkin my face is already lookin a little better for 1 day)