Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: hey please help me. my face is gettting bad

Default hey please help me. my face is gettting bad

my whole life i use to take steaming hot showers and wash my face with the dial bar soap and never had a problem. the past few months well is a different story. a while back i was a dishwasher and got eczema on my hands from the soaps and stuff. the docotor gave me a bunch of Triamcinolone Acetonide. cleared it right up. so as time went on i started to get little spots of dry skin on my face. so i put the steroid stuff on my face. i think i would of been fine then if i used a decent moisturizer on my face for it but i was really ignorant. so a few years later i run out of the tiamcionline acetonide ( that being maybe 2 months ago). i now realise how bad that stuff was for my face in the first place after reading up on it and how unaware of it i was. i dont know if i have destoried my skins ability to hydrate its self. or maybe have a steorid induced rocesa. yah and for anyone who is going to tell me to go to the dermetologist lol i m not insured and it is pretty much out of the question . disregard the white stuff u seen on my face it is diaper rash lotion (yes i am tryin it, it doesnt work to great). i ve dried eucerin original, eucerin plus, a dove facial mositurizer with spf15 in it, and this stuff called bio oil. it all fails miserably. the onlything that is ok is the diaper rash stuff ( A + D zinc oxide cream). and its not ok cuz it heals the redness it just covers it and makes me feel alot less ashamed. i usta be a pretty confident dude but my confidence is slashed in half. why on my face does this redness have to be? y not my arm or something damn. well here is some pics and again the white is just the diaper rash cream.

so please anyone give me any kind of help and tell me what u think i have. i m guess its eczema or rosacea. i have it in my eyebrows to. i have dandruff, chapped lips. and between my eyebrows and even above them a little bit. i also have been getting patches of drish skin in my beard area but they dotn seem to get as bad (yet anyway). u can see the red patches around my beard area in the pics.

cliffs:
    -face used to be fine
    -started to get dry a few years ago
    -stupidly was using steroid cream on my face for maybe 2-3 years
    - ran out of it, looked up steroid cream found out i was dumb for doing that
    - not using steroid cream, i have some more refuse to use it
    - i need heelp, what do ihave? how can i help it?
    - embarassed in public confidence slashed in half in not more.
    Last edited by legendsneverdie; 24th February 2010 at 01:13 AM.

here are the pics: (once again the white stuff is zinc oxide cream / diapper rash cream that i am try with no success)

Last edited by legendsneverdie; 24th February 2010 at 01:23 AM.

Hi Legend,

Sounds like you have seb derm.

Hot showers make things worse. Try taking shorter showers and don't let the hot water touch your face. If possible, use a hand held shower head to rinse your head.

There's no cure for seb derm but it can be controlled.

Some people get good results with OTC antifungal creams and shampoos (e.g., Nizoral).

Others have had good luck with prescription treatments (e.g., Promiseb/Sebclair cream and shampoo; Extina foam).

And others, like myself, have found relief using natural treatments (raw honey and virgin coconut oil - click the link in my sig for more info) and modifying their diet (eliminating sugar and adding probiotics, digestive enzymes, good fats).

HTH
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Default Your skin looks similar to mine in the nose/cheek area

You might try sleeping in a raw honey mask. That is what I do and it has helped me so much. I am also taking 50 mg of doxy. I eat small meals many times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Hi Legend,

Sounds like you have seb derm.

Hot showers make things worse. Try taking shorter showers and don't let the hot water touch your face. If possible, use a hand held shower head to rinse your head.

There's no cure for seb derm but it can be controlled.

Some people get good results with OTC antifungal creams and shampoos (e.g., Nizoral).

Others have had good luck with prescription treatments (e.g., Promiseb/Sebclair cream and shampoo; Extina foam).

And others, like myself, have found relief using natural treatments (raw honey and virgin coconut oil - click the link in my sig for more info) and modifying their diet (eliminating sugar and adding probiotics, digestive enzymes, good fats).

HTH
    so washing my face with selsun blue or head and sholders may help? i think htere is a traders joe around here they might have the raw honey i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by solutionquest View Post
    You might try sleeping in a raw honey mask. That is what I do and it has helped me so much. I am also taking 50 mg of doxy. I eat small meals many times a day.
    how do u not get the honey on ur pillow?

my face looks horrible today. i tried washing it with selsun blue. i relapsed today and put some steroid on it way to fukin red.

Please read this article about putting steroids on your face:

http://kellypalace61.web.officelive....ionArticle.pdf

Hello there,

Iím so sorry to hear this; topical steriods are known to thin the skin and worsen flushing over time.

The generally accepted wisdom is to wean off the steroid slowly, over a period of about two months. You have to do it slowly to lessen rebound flares that might worsen things.

Elidel and Noritate are highly recommended while you are doing this.

Many docs will also put you on oral antibiotics like Clarithromycin. Some will put you on very-low-dose isotretinoin (accutane) at 5 milligrams a day.

Apparently this approach lessens the rebound reaction. You canít just stop the steroid after long use.

Later, when the skin is healed a bit, please consider getting IPL treatments from a good rosacea doc to rebuild the dermis.

Quote Originally Posted by legendsneverdie View Post
    my face looks horrible today. i tried washing it with selsun blue.
    The selenium sulfide, in the Selsun Blue at 1% strength, helps control the symptoms of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. It is too strong to use on the face. Some forum members have reported improvement when used on the face in a very diluted solution (like a speck of Selsun Blue diluted in lukewarm water).

When you apply an anti dandruff shampoo to the face, as you would to the scalp, you are likely to get a reaction like what you are experiencing right now.

These photos you took today clearly show that you have seb derm and exactly where it is.

This redness will subside, even if you did nothing else, in a few days. Of course, you don't have the time to wait this out.

The raw honey treatment should help. If you decide to try it, please do follow the instructions. Do not expect to see results overnight. However, if the treatment works for you, within a couple of weeks your skin will feel and look calmer and much less red.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by WrinkledClue View Post
    Hello there,

Iím so sorry to hear this; topical steriods are known to thin the skin and worsen flushing over time.

The generally accepted wisdom is to wean off the steroid slowly, over a period of about two months. You have to do it slowly to lessen rebound flares that might worsen things.

Elidel and Noritate are highly recommended while you are doing this.

Many docs will also put you on oral antibiotics like Clarithromycin. Some will put you on very-low-dose isotretinoin (accutane) at 5 milligrams a day.

Apparently this approach lessens the rebound reaction. You canít just stop the steroid after long use.

Later, when the skin is healed a bit, please consider getting IPL treatments from a good rosacea doc to rebuild the dermis.
    i really have no health insurance no doctor is going to take me and i dont have 100s or thousands of dollars for anything u've mentioned. wish i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    The selenium sulfide, in the Selsun Blue at 1% strength, helps control the symptoms of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis on the scalp. It is too strong to use on the face. Some forum members have reported improvement when used on the face in a very diluted solution (like a speck of Selsun Blue diluted in lukewarm water).

When you apply an anti dandruff shampoo to the face, as you would to the scalp, you are likely to get a reaction like what you are experiencing right now.

These photos you took today clearly show that you have seb derm and exactly where it is.

This redness will subside, even if you did nothing else, in a few days. Of course, you don't have the time to wait this out.

The raw honey treatment should help. If you decide to try it, please do follow the instructions. Do not expect to see results overnight. However, if the treatment works for you, within a couple of weeks your skin will feel and look calmer and much less red.
    ithink i m goonna go find some raw honey at trader joe's todaay. do you think i should try to weine of the steroid a little? what if it is sub derm and a skin steroid addiction too like the pervious poster mentioned? do you think my face is going to scar at this point? i never itch it. the most i do is tap it or rub it gently if it is really bothering me.

Quote Originally Posted by legendsneverdie View Post
    ithink i m goonna go find some raw honey at trader joe's todaay. do you think i should try to weine of the steroid a little? what if it is sub derm and a skin steroid addiction too like the pervious poster mentioned?
    WrinkledClue's advice is right on the mark. However, if you are going to treat the seb derm with something else (say the raw honey), then I believe weaning off the steroid may not be necessary (and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to apply the raw honey and the steroid cream at the same time).

do you think my face is going to scar at this point? i never itch it. the most i do is tap it or rub it gently if it is really bothering me.
    Most likely not, but it will take a few days to calm down and a few weeks to improve, once you start treating it.

One important thing to remember, Legend, which applies to all of us with sensitive skin: always spot-test any new product you put on your skin, even if it's completely natural, like raw honey.

Good luck!