Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Try My Diet! It Might Help Your Skin. . .

Quote Originally Posted by joellie View Post

Also the microscope rashes all the time using the honey?
    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by "microscope rashes"?

Sometimes, after rinsing the raw honey mask off, I'd see tiny red dots on my cheeks only, which would disappear over night (i.e., my face would look pale the following morning). Is that what you mean?

But sorry why do you think you have SD.. I think this looks more like rosecea I could be wrong... But really interested in this thing.
    Well, that's because I was describing my rosacea symptoms!

My seb derm symptoms were: itchy, flaky, tomato-red, inflamed skin and itchy scalp. This was triggered, I believe, by hormonal fluctuations.

I cleaned my face with cotton pats Loreal milk and tonic. and used some tar sulfur lanette creme on the sd areas and on top sometimes a little layer of purol zalf onguent. this was good to eleminate the symptons till 95%
    Never heard of those products. I'll look them up.

As basic cleaner I use dove soap.. the white one. On top on different part on my face different products.
    I couldn't use soap on my face. I've been using raw honey to cleanse my skin for a while now and I think I will keep doing this and stop using the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. With the honey I can even cleanse and massage my eyelids with no irritation.

I should start keeping bees!
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by MasK View Post
    I have rosacea, and a mild sd, mostly on the scalp, beard, and around my nose. But it's not the biggest problem. I had some very bad flushes, and since I started avoiding carbs, they disappeared. Every time I try to reintroduce a food high in carbs, my nose start to be red like a tomato and swollen, like if I had drunk 3 red wine bottles (I did that some times and it was looking like that lol).
    I think it is because of the yeast overgrowth I have. Yeasts release alcohol from fermenting carbs...
    My sister has the same problems, but it's more eczema/SD, and dryness on hands. Some patches on the body too. And her antibodies tests are sky high. So she's starting a diet program like mine, with some differences, but the goal is to boost immune system, and thus make the candida/yeast return to a benign form, and heal the gut lining too. She sees improvements already, after two weeks, on her digestion. Hope it will be fast for her.

Hey Mask,
    thanks! About the acohol I can say it also in this way.. Wodka has a higher percentage of Alcohol than red wine.. Red wine gives rise to my sd as wel. But wodka only a little.. I am quite fine if I drink wodka.. So it could be something else.. Also the herb peterselie and citric even olive oil in great amounts do the same.

Great that your sister and you are going on the line up.!
    Tomorrow I hope to buy your recommandations

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by "microscope rashes"?

The ones if you look really close almost barely to see.... the most tiny of the tiniest ones.. micro rashes.. like you had lately with the dry air..

Sometimes, after rinsing the raw honey mask off, I'd see tiny red dots on my cheeks only, which would disappear over night (i.e., my face would look pale the following morning). Is that what you mean?

Are dots rashes?
    To be more precisely the first stage is flaking.. if you control the flaking than most of the times rashes still occur.. little white pieces of skin.. Did the honey treatment controlled this completely? I could control the flaking with honey but not the little white colored rashes. Was it a 100% control.. This is the only where I care about.
    Let me explain you why.. In a dimm light you can see after a while skin damage when you don't control even the little rashes. this is why thanks

Well, that's because I was describing my rosacea symptoms!

My seb derm symptoms were: itchy, flaky, tomato-red, inflamed skin and itchy scalp. This was triggered, I believe, by hormonal fluctuations.

Wow but on which places does your SD occur? Can you separerate the SD places from Rosecea.. I never asked someone.. but looks quite difficult to me.. what the biggest difference in those conditions..

Never heard of those products. I'll look them up.

I couldn't use soap on my face. I've been using raw honey to cleanse my skin for a while now and I think I will keep doing this and stop using the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. With the honey I can even cleanse and massage my eyelids with no irritation.

When I did the honey treatment I didn't use the soap or any.. Maybe it is good to keep on going with Cetaphil..

I should start keeping bees! [/quote]

Haha..!

Guess what... Yesterday I went to an imker.. and we talked the whole eavening.
    I have Raw LindenThree honey.. Bee Polls good for vitamins and intestinal track and half a tube of propolis and Royal Jelly cream for 8 euro! Amazing isn't it?

According to the test of Mr Walli.. He used Dark Forest honey.. I talked with him about that as well. As it seems that particular honey is totally different from the normal honey.
    That's interesting cause the bees get that honey from I don
    t the USA word for it but the dutch one is LUIZEN.. small insects that are in the top of the threes in the Forest. The content is different and contain other enzymes etc.
    He will try to get a cup for me.. but it's going to be a little difficult he told.. please if you have an address let me know...

Next week I get pure Royal Jelly raw 50ML for 18 Euro..I thought that it was quite Ok.
    Also pure bee wax I'll get..

Ceci from this forum http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OFF...02.html&st=360 is using sulfur soap which is also working really well. but only the one she uses in combination with sheabutter and greapseed oil. Just if you want to have a look!

But I just try the normal honey for now.. later the other products.. first I have to concentrate myself on the diet with supplements..

Adding tomatoes, eggs and onions back.

Eating: Chicken, turkey, beef, tuna, salmon, prawns, eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cucumber, sprouts, broccoli, peas, corn, carrots, peppers, extra virgin olive oil, soy milk, water.

Avoiding: Dairy (milk, cheese, cream, butter, yoghurt), gluten (wheat, rye, oats, barley, malt), yeast (bread, cakes, muffins, fruit, soup) pork, chocolate, vinegar, honey, any sort of syrup or sauce, mushrooms, peanuts, alcohol or any sort of sugar or simple carbs.

Supplements: Green Tea, Zinc, Vitamin E, Vitamin B complex,

It's taken me a few weeks to figure this out and I'm still learning more about my skin's tolerance to different foods
    Avoided foods are the ones my skin noticably react badly to.

Eating foods are the ones that my skin doesn't seem to react to.
    Last edited by MysteryMan; 7th March 2010 at 11:19 PM.
    Have Fully Controlled My Seb Derm

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post

I should start keeping bees!
    Auburn, will the raw honey remove foundation and eye make up? This sounds interesting....may try it out.

I have tried Coconut oil in the past....raw....and it really bothered my rosacea something terrible....I can't use that at all....brings on flushing & burning.
    Dx 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post

Auburn, will the raw honey remove foundation and eye make up? This sounds interesting....may try it out.
    I wouldn't know (I don't wear make up).

I have tried Coconut oil in the past....raw....and it really bothered my rosacea something terrible....I can't use that at all....brings on flushing & burning.
    Too bad you can't use it. It's such a great skin conditioner.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post

I've heard of some people doing this on makeupalley.com, I've always wondered how though?? Could you explain please how exactly you cleanse w/ the honey, I'm really curious!

I've been reading a lot today and getting a little confused.

Some say avoid yeast extract. What food contain yeast extract, I'm finding it hard to find a definitive list.

Some also say avoid Histamine-rich Foods. Well I just found this list and it cuts about 80% of my diet. Interesting as a few on the list are definitely triggers (e.g. Bananas, soya sauce, cheese)

http://histame.com/histamine-rich-foods-substances

I need a break as at this rate I'm going to be living off boiled chicken and icewater for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, it is tempting to get my skin back on track

Lots of useful information folks, but I need to eat.

Kind Regards
    CharlieC
    Seborrhoeic Dermatitis for 10 years. Bit of psoriasis thrown in it seems but more test on the way.
    What am I doing about it? Double Base and KETOCONAZOLE every day. Stopped using steroids - thinned skin. Limit sun exposure. Trying to establish triggers. Finally have referral from GP and seeing dermatologist. What aggravates my condition: Hot bathes and showers, saunas and spas. Stress (lack of sleep). Lots of exercise, Foods - sugar, yeast and some spicy food, fruit. Central heating.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    I've been reading a lot today and getting a little confused.

Some say avoid yeast extract. What food contain yeast extract, I'm finding it hard to find a definitive list.

Some also say avoid Histamine-rich Foods. Well I just found this list and it cuts about 80% of my diet. Interesting as a few on the list are definitely triggers (e.g. Bananas, soya sauce, cheese)

http://histame.com/histamine-rich-foods-substances

I need a break as at this rate I'm going to be living off boiled chicken and icewater for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, it is tempting to get my skin back on track

Lots of useful information folks, but I need to eat.

Kind Regards
    CharlieC
    Hi Charlie and welcome to the RF
    I totally agree with you...it can be too much with what can you eat and what can't you eat etc etc

Everyone has different food triggers (if any at all) and it comes down to trial and error in finding what works for you. I eat bread (not a trigger) and I eat some histamine rich food like bananas. I find chocolate though can be a trigger and for sure alcohol and spicy foods. Other than that I am good regarding foods. So, I would suggest you don't go overboard regarding what you eliminate and try to find what are your triggers. Many people don't have food triggers at all.

Good luck!

Melissa

My advice:

- Don't avoid any foods - other than really spicy stuff, a very common trigger - unless there is clear evidence (meaning allergy tests) that you are allergic to something. It's dangerous to limit yourself to the levels that some people here are in the name of "better" skin. Newsflash: limiting your diet shuts down everything from sebum production to other organs. Just don't.

- Don't stress about it. Stress can make your skin suffer far more than any specific food can.

- If flushing and redness is a huge problem, I have one word for you: lasers.