Thread: Some useful products that are good imo

Default Some useful products that are good imo

Right, so been doing loads of looking over web and have found what i feel are good products for us very sensitive skin sufferers.
    These are all free from alcohol, fragrance, parabens and surfactants.

Cleanser - La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser http://www.drugstore.com/qxp189073_3...erant_skin.htm

Avene Thermal Spring water spray http://www.drugstore.com/qxp168122_3...ring_water.htm

Moisturiser - Avene Skin Recovery cream http://www.boots.com/en/Eau-Thermal-...ream%20%2040ml

On all the links i have given, contain all the ingredients, but im pretty sure there is hardly any skin irritants there - but if there is please tell me.

I have personally been using the skin recovery cream of late and it is a great moisturiser, (especially is skin feels tight around mouth area) and calms redness down a bit especially if your skin is really irritated. Plus also use the water spray and also very calming for your skin, if you are all hot and bothered, spray it on your face, wait a bit, tap with towl to dry and, well i personally feel more refreshed.
    I have just ordered the clenser i mentioned, but from all my searching it seems very soft and non irritating, so cannot report how good it actually is, but looks promising.

Anyway, i hope this helps anyone if they are looking for a new skin regime or new product, and the two of those i mentioned i have used do not irritate my skin.
    These are all availlable in the UK in boots, amazon plus loads of others, and im sure all the products are available in the US too.
    Also there are customer reviews on the site links i gave as well just in case, like me you look at loads of customer reviews before purchasing any new products.

Anyhow, hope you find this useful and be free to add any other suggestions on products that you have found are very friendly to the skin, or if you have actually used the products i have mentioned above and what you feel if they are any good or not.

That's great. Thanks for sharing.
    You might want to add your info to this thread:
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=19393

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Just posted it on there

Thought I would also add, they are not overly expensive either:
    The La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser is about 10
    The Avene Thermal Spring water spray is about 5.50 for 150ml
    The Avene skin recovery cream is about 12.

Dont know what that equates to in dollars, but not bad prices compared to some others.

A dont like Avene termal water Ph its way to high about 7-7,5 for my skin its very drying.
    I use products with about 4,6-5 Ph a litlle acid ,becouse our natural sebum have these PH arund 5-5,5Ph.

Ive also found Paula's Choice Exfoliating 1% BHA Gel to be great with dealing with flakey skin. http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/...aha-exfoliants
    I use only at night, but found it really beneficial.
    So it may be useful for those looking for something in dealing with flakey skin.
    This product is also fragarence free, colorant free, parabens free and alcohol free, plus has loads of antioxidants which is pretty darn good.

Anyway, hope this helps (added to the others) someone on here making it easier to find these products free from all these irritants that many products contain.

I have now found a much better thing for exoliation than the paulas choice 1% bha gel imo.
    It is this http://uk.lizearle.com/products_deta...44b9ed2f541526 - so bascially a muslin cloth, but having done some research and these are pretty good ones at lower prices than others (2 for 3.50) on that website, but im sure if you go on ebay, you could even get a better deal.

Anyway, hope that helps for someone who has excess dead skin cell build up and needs to exfoliate without irritation from certain ingredients in certain products.
    Also hope some of these suggestions have been helpful for people looking for really light non irritating products.....well ive tried my best anyway to find good ones for you all.

Another update if i find anything else interesting.
    Be good to hear your feedback.

Also should add that i dont think one should exfoliate every day, more like once a week, otherwise irritation most probably will occur which obviously is not a good thing.

Right found this other moisturiser, more of a day moisturiser which doesnt leave a greasy feeling on your face after putting it on.
    Its called 'Olay active hydrogel' if anybody has heard of it before, and although ive only used it for one day, it has been really good (yes i know, just one day so far i hear you say).
    Now, its not probably for those who have really dry skin, but more for those with combination, oily or very slightly dry skin imo. It is colour, perfume, oil and alcohol free, however it does have a paraben (menthylparaben) but its right at the end of the ingredients list meaning its one of the least amounts of all the ingredients if that makes one less concerned about it.
    Plus its only a fiver as well, so you cant go wrong ;)

Blimey, I do go on about these products lol, but in all seriousness, I hope this has been useful for anyone looking for senisitive skin products easier than searching all other the web and shops over and over again.

Will update in about a week to see how this moisturiser goes.
    Last edited by Mr Particular; 11th April 2010 at 03:08 AM.

Hi Mr Particular,

I also love the Avene recovery cream. it's been my moisturizer in the past 3 years and has helped me a lot with the rosacea. it's the only moisturizer that ALWAYS calms my skin and doesn't aggravate it even when it's inflamed or irritated.
    I also use the thermal water spray which is very effective for reducing flushes and calming irritated skin.
    Regarding the cleanser - I have tried it but it was a little too mild for me. I didn't notice the difference between using it and only rinsing my face with water. I prefer Dermalogica Ultra calming cleanser.

by the way, If you liked the recovery cream, you might want to try the new "rich recovery cream": http://www.avene.co.uk/Rich-Skin-Recovery-Cream
    It contains Shea butter and it is supposed to be much more hydrating. I tried using it as a night cream (it was too thick for me to use as a day cream) but my skin didn't respond so well to it. it was dehydrated in the morning and the Shea butter had irritated it a little.
    Anyway, it might be worth a try.

All the best,
    Yael.