Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keratosis pilaris 99% gone

Default Keratosis pilaris 99% gone

I wanted to titled this thead "Keratosis pilaris gone" but I think I still have about half a dozen tiny bumps on my right arm.

If you read my posts, you know that I've been using virgin coconut oil twice daily as a moisturizer on face and body for over eight months now.

Before learning about this oil I tried dozens of lotions, creams and other oils. Nothing ever worked. Actually, one of the last body lotions I tried caused contact dermatitis on my hands and face .

I started using the virgin coconut oil on my face, to treat seb derm. I conditioned my facial skin so nicely that I decided to try it on my arms with lovely results but I was applying it to my forearms only (this was in the spring, so every time I'd put virgin coconut oil on my face, I'd put some on my forearms as well) and still using body lotion on my body after showering.

One day I finally clicked and started to use the oil all over my body with the following results:

Within a week: skin, particularly forearms started to feel "young" again (like they felt when I was a teen).

Within a month: the cracked/fish-like scaled skin on lower legs gone.

After six months: no longer need to file cracked heels.

After eight months: keratosis pilaris on my upper arms practically gone.

My husband has been using the virgin coconut oil (I made him ) for just as long and with equally great results. He had a really dry and bumpy back and what looked like KP on thighs. He also uses the oil on his scalp where he has mild psoriasis.

So, if you have been coping with KP for years and nothing ever works, give virgin coconut oil a try.

I put it on daily, after showering while my skin is still a bit damp. Apply thinly to avoid saturation (if you apply too much you'll get breakouts). A tablespoon of oil should be more than enough for the whole body.

Brands I've tried and liked: Tropical Traditions, Jungle Products, Nutiva. The latter has a strong coconut smell. BTW, the smell does not linger.

Hope this helps.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks for sharing this info Auburn. It's very exciting and great that it worked so well for you. I think I am going to be trying some virgin coconut oil!

I think I will give this a try too. The keratosis on my legs and arm don't bother me as much as the burning face but I would love to see my smooth skin again without bumps lol

Thanks for the info

Wink We are not worthy!

Hello Auburn,

I cannot keep up with your 'finds' I too have KP on my upper arms and thighs &

another 'cheeky' area, think I will try this next!

What with RLT, Honey etc I will have to get in that bathroom earlier than ever!

Delighted that you are getting some fab results!

Hugs & thanks J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Thank you Auburn. My daughter i think has KP on her arms but mainly on the back of her thighs. Im going to tell her to try it, hope it works.

I tried the Nuitva oil on my scalp but it made me worse too bad.

You are right Judworth Im glad im not he only one who feels like i live in the bathroom, taking makeup off,warm eye compresses, cleaning eye lid, etc God between taking a shower and all this i take about an hour each night! At times i try to avoid the eye compresses and i pay for it dearly the next day :-(

Auburn, to apply the nutiva on the arms and legs do i still need to melt the oil or just apply it the way it comes? once i rub my finger on it i do get the oil on my finger but not as oily as when i melt it.

Thanks, I love this forum!
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I tried the Nuitva oil on my scalp but it made me worse too bad.
    What happened? It would be helpful if you could explain in detail why it made things worse.

Auburn, to apply the nutiva on the arms and legs do i still need to melt the oil or just apply it the way it comes? once i rub my finger on it i do get the oil on my finger but not as oily as when i melt it.
    The problem with melting the oil is that one tends to apply too much when it's liquid, that's why I keep it in the fridge during the summer - when the indoor temp is above 75 F the oil liquefies.

I place a small amount of solid oil, say a teaspoon, on my hand and it quickly softens as I rub it. That way I can apply it thinly, which is key to avoid breakouts. I have to apply it very, very thinly along my spine because if the oil saturates that area I always get a pimple or two there.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Thanks, I've been struggling with this condition since I was 18, I'll give it a shot, haven't really tried anything apart from exfoliating.

Hi Auburn,

I melted the oil as to apply it on my scalp. I did this on Sunday, applied all over my scalp and left it on for about 6 hours during the day. I was getting more itchy as time went by so around the 6th hour i washed my hair twice. My scalp was very red and itchy. I had to apply the steroid foam Luxiq to make it better. Didn't try again. I also applied some of the melted oil on my neck and it also got worse.

But maybe then i try again but like you say not melting but rubbing on my palm 1st then apply it.

Thanks for your responde I will tell my duaghter to try it on her upper legs behind and see if it works. Better that she doesnt have to melt it otherwise she would be lazy to do it.

My derm had told me to apply elidel on my neck for the bumps so after i broke out worse with the coccnut oil i tried the elidel at night for these past days and it has almost cleared all the red bumps on my neck. I jsut dont want my neck to get use to it, any lotion i apply in my neck makes me break out in red bumps the elidel is the only thing that has worked. but if i dont moisturize the neck it gets very dry and flushes.

Thanks again,

Alba
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Alba,
    Do you think it is an eczematous reaction you are getting to the coconut oil?

Hi Auburn,

I have a question regarding the seb-derm treatment "How I successfully treated my seb derm.". If the treatment worked so well, why did u stop eating sugar?