Thread: skin feels a weird texture

Default skin feels a weird texture

still undiagnosed but pretty sure i have rosacea. Just a question about skin texture.
    It's hard to describe but my left cheeks feels kind of slippery / ultra smoooth, but my other cheek is still a normal texture. I don't have any bumps / acne, but my left cheeks appears redder than my right one. Also the hairs from my facial hair kind of itch on the left side and not the right.

Is this a common thing with rosacea?

There isn't any one particular state, in terms of skin texture, that goes with rosacea.

Personally, I have experienced dramatically different conditions of skin-texture, accompanying my rosacea. But I have located a precise cause (with me, antibiotics).

However, things to do with skin texture are really really difficult to pin down, in my experience. Medical science has very little worthwhile to say, as yet. You will probably come accross numerous disgnoses and suggestions on the internet; my advice would be to try everything that seems reasonable, observe any changes closely, and try to identify specifics.

Default Good answer!

I'd say something buy the dog above me just gave a perfect answer. Nicely done sir.

i agree w/ themediumdog...

you may want to try aloe vera gel, (make sure it's alcohol free) it seems to really stabilize my skin's texture and even out skin tone. do a test patch first as some people don't react well to aloe.

i get that similar feeling w/ my facial hair, i shave every other day as not to over do it, but don't let my facial hair grow to long as i find the longer it gets the more itchy and raw my skin feels..

i would definitely go see a derm and see what they say.

good luck!

-Red

Quote Originally Posted by tarky View Post
    still undiagnosed but pretty sure i have rosacea. Just a question about skin texture.
    It's hard to describe but my left cheeks feels kind of slippery / ultra smoooth, but my other cheek is still a normal texture. I don't have any bumps / acne, but my left cheeks appears redder than my right one. Also the hairs from my facial hair kind of itch on the left side and not the right.

Is this a common thing with rosacea?
    i have that samething, did you ever find out what it is?

I had the exact opposite problem, actually. My cheeks felt like sandpaper and not like skin at all. I took dairy out of my diet and my skin actually feels like skin again! I thought that smooth skin was something I would never feel on my own face ever again. Perhaps it's a reaction to something you're eating?
    Current skincare regime for rosacea subtypes I, II and IV started March, 2012:

*Strict diet. No dairy, wheat, sugar, nuts/seeds, legumes. Only meat, 'safe starches', and low-phenol starchy/unstarchy fruits and veggies and water with ghee, lard and duck fat as cooking aids and sources of fat. Also avoiding food intolerances.
    Supplementing with raw food multivitamin, liquid zinc sulfate with copper, epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate), calcium and vitamin C. Lots of water!