Thread: Tinted Moisturiser. Life Story is Free = ]

Default Tinted Moisturiser. Life Story is Free = ]

Hello. This is my first post here. Sorry to bore anybody with details (assuming anyone actually bothers to read this thread ). The first thing I would like to say is that I feel for the people who have experienced any problems and hope that everyone here finds what they're looking for.

I am 22 and from Europe. I apparently have mild facial seb derm. I get dry scaly skin on my face if I don't moisturise everyday. I'm guessing I also have slight rosacea on my cheeks and nose but because I have strawberry blonde (mainly blonde ) hair, it just looks natural.

When I was 15, I started getting acne. Several years later, I had had enough and visited a dermatologist shortly before opting for Roaccutane when I was 18. This oral drug completely cleared my acne and left my skin really dry. I feel it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life to take Roaccutane. I went through plenty of years where I didn't know what was wrong with my skin. I spent those years avoiding University as much as I could, mainly out of embarassment. I stopped exercising (which was really hard for me as I am really good at sport and play a lot) because sweat seemed to have a bad effect on my skin. It used to kill me that this had happened to me. I hated when a gorgeous girl would come up to me in a bar and tell me how 'hot' I was or whatever they would say. Not to come across as 'cocky' or 'arrogant' but it killed me that I was actually a nice looking guy with an awful skin condition. My dry slightly red skin condition obviously wasn't noticable in that light. I would just try to ignore these girls as much as possible. I knew that without my skin condition, I could have a really fun time getting to know these people but as I was I just couldn't bare to meet up with these people again out of fear that they would notice my condition. There were days where I felt like I didn't want to go on living. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of the pain it would cause my family. There are several suicide cases linked to the drug Roaccutane and while I have strong beliefs on this matter, I won't get into them here. I would have given anything for a chance to rid myself of this embarassing skin condition. Somewhere along this path to hell, I had been back to the same dermatologist and was diagnosed with mild facial seb derm. I suffered for many years trying to fix this condition and only fully managed to control it in the last year or so.

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to have some great people around me and I got through that stage in my life. After trying every product under and over the sun (steroid creams, etc etc), I finally found that the best thing for my skin was simply to just wash it in the shower with nothing but water, pat it with a towel and apply moisturiser. Recently I have switched my moisturiser to diprobase cream to see if it leaves less of a shine on my cheeks than my other one.

Right now I am obviously in a much better place than I was then. I have never been so confident. I go to the gym all the time, have great fun with friends and I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I think this horrible experience has actually made me a stronger person.

My skin looks quite normal but I still have a very slight redness on my cheeks and nose. I was wondering if anybody knew of a light tinted moisturiser that was actually good at moisturising the skin whilst covering this slight redness. I have quite a pale complexion. Anything I put on my skin that isn't a moisturiser usually cakes or dries on my skin. I have read through all the articles and threads but I prefer personal experience so if anybody on this forum (girls or guys) has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I definitely don't need a tinted moistuiriser as I am perfectly content with my skin but I would be interested to see if it covers the slight redness on my cheeks and nose.

On a quick side note, for anybody who might be in a bad place right now, remember 3 things:

1) The world is a friendly place. People will understand what you are going through and will try to help you.

2) You are only as happy as you want to be. Chemical signals to the brain control your happiness. Don't let anything but yourself control your life. Don't spend your life feeling bad about what happened. Do something about it. Live your life the way you want. I know it's easier said than done but don't live life in fear, it's too short for that.

3) The world is constantly evolving. There are new things discovered everyday. This is especially true in the area of medicine. Someone will solve these problems eventually. While they do, there are plenty of creams and information out there for you to experiment with.

Thanks in advance for anybody who takes the time to read this.

Hey

I have absolutely no advice, I'm afraid. Enjoyed your story though.
    Best of luck.

Welcome MysteryMan. And thank you for the "freebie". I don't have sub derm so I can't help you there. Good luck.....there is loads of good information on this forum. I have been to several derms and I can tell you that most people here have better advice!

Thank u so much, Mistery Man

U made me cry, because reading your story was like looking myself in a mirror!

I can tell u that I use this face wash for my persistent seb derm http://www.dermadoctor.com/product_D...nser_1527.html and it works for me.

Thanks again for being soooo brave and share ur story with us, I know I am not alone
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

http://www.rosaceacare.com/products/zinco.html

this to me has really help it blends pretty well and takes down the redness

best of luck

Thank you for everyone's advice! Sometimes i feel my skin gets used to certain products, or it decides it's going to have a reaction. So, having all these recommendations is great when this happens!

Mystery-

So much of your story is similar to mine.

It can be very disheartening and frustrating to find solutions to the SD/Rosacea, so I'm glad you seem to have found something that works for you.

There is a lot of talk about tinted moisturizers toward the end of this thread. I've been looking for one myself b/c mineral makeup is great, but dry during winter. Popular ones include; Laura Mercier, Clinique Almost Makeup, and Tinted Zinc-O (Rosacea Care).

Elta MD Physical 41 Sunscreen has a lovely new golden tint to it. It's non-greasy, dries matte-but I will warn the more matte have a tendency to show up flakes.

And if I may say, you are wise beyond your years.

best wishes-
    Kristen
    Last edited by banshee; 16th January 2010 at 02:33 PM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utķliŽ (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantiŽ (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."