Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V-beam: The "what have I done now??" feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Dpart,

I so totally understand how you are feeling. We think we are bad and then we go through the laser and then think OMG i was never this bad why did i do this? I went through this with my last vbeam laser about 2 years ago. Honestly I dont think it was anythng wrong that the dr. did she was very careful it was just my skin that ended up reacting with a dent/wrinkle area. i also thought like you did why oh why. But we have to its the only way to try to get our skin to be better from the physical pain and emotional one.

It will get better. I remember flushing so much more after the last vbeam laser but it did improve after a month or so.

I just had my 1st IPL aobut 2 wks ago i was so totally scared since I've read good and bad things about this on this forum. But thankfully so far so good. I did flush a bit more for about 6 days then 7 and on i've been better less flushing. Im getting the next one 3 wks after on 12/3/09 but im still very scared just praying to God it goes well.

Good luck each day you will improve.

Alba
    v beams side affects are way worse than ipls,well new ipl machines,v beam just has a tendency to remove hardened redness,(when doing big treatments)

The Vbeam or im not sure what ... My left cheek was flushing before and all that but not im having some intense sting/burn in that area. Has the Vbeam made this area of my face worse? i feel it has. Please people comment. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by willsd View Post
    The Vbeam or im not sure what ... My left cheek was flushing before and all that but not im having some intense sting/burn in that area. Has the Vbeam made this area of my face worse? i feel it has. Please people comment. thank you
    Hi willsd,
    Try and not get too stressed about this. It does take time to heal fully from laser and in time hopefully you will see good results. It is scary but don't worry as your skin will calm down.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Hi Willsd,

As your face/skin heals all should be fine. The first few weeks following vbeam you can experience an increase in redness/swelling/hyperpigmentation/etc. I'm hopeful things will resolve and settle for you.

I found Vbeam to a bit more agressive than IPL. My side effects were mild hyperpigmentation or "red dots" in a few areas around my chin and lower jawline. Vbeam did reduce my redness a little though. The hyperpigmentation resolved over time. I've been getting maintenance IPL's now.

Hang in there - things will improve.

Yvette

I'm glad to read that other people react to the V Beam like I do! My skin is so sensitive that at 8 joules it looks like I got hit in the face with schrapnel for a week after and then it continues to burn, sting and flush like crazy after that! I'm also left with a little hyperpigmentation each time (depending on whether I bruise or not) that clears up in a few weeks.

Anyway, recovery after V Beam with my sensitive skin isn't the tea and cake party some websites/doctors make it out to be. It's very nerve-racking.

I've been having it done for 5 years, however, and the results have been good. Less redness and less visible broken capillaries. But what a mission it is to recover from it!

I recently had my first purpuric V Beam and let me tell you, this is not for the faint hearted.

The good news first -- it's clearly good at removing the red from my face. I'm told that the V Beam Perfecta puts more energy (towards destroying blood vessels) into your face, with less destructive heat than IPL.

I'm not as flushy and miserable post V Beam as I was post IPL. Still messed up, but not as bad.

The bad news -- this is hard to endure, esp. if you fright easily, and haven't had many laser treatments so you don't know what to expect.

Obviously it will be worth it if it clears this crap off my face.

The whole right side of my face was purple like I'd been in an accident. The swelling was atrocious, although it did subside after 5 days. I almost couldn't see out of one eye, I was so swollen.

Today is three weeks, and it's the first day I looked anything like normal. I knew this would happen and was prepared for it, thanks to everybody on this board, but it was still appalling to endure and my poor husband was horrified.

It's healing nicely, there's clearly less redness, here's hoping the healing continues.

I''ll keep you posted on my progress. Hoping there's progress!
    Last edited by WrinkledClue; 11th December 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Hi WC,
    I'm glad to hear things are going well and that you are healing nicely.
    Best wishes for great results!

Melissa

This is great news. I am sure by x-mas you will be almost healed

Hi Wrinkled Clue,

Great news! I'm really happy for you!

For me, Vbeam produced more swelling and some hyperpigmentation wheras I get very little swelling if any with IPL. Our skins react to lasers and those performing it in different ways.

Again, I'm happy that you're seeing some results and the swelling is gone.

Yvette

Default Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Dpart,
    Let me reassure you. Everything you are feeling is what I went through as well and it is totally normal.

When I had my first VBeam I was unprepared as well and was absolutely surprised (in a bad way) at how I looked afterwards. It took me a long time to get back to normal but I always do so don't despair. You will heal but it will take some time to get back to looking good.

I think no matter how much you read here it is still a shock because real life is different than reading about an experience. In any case, when I had my first VBeam I had no clue as to what to expect because my doctor said there would be little to no downtime. LOL Not sure what she considers to be downtime but being red and swollen for many days and then very red and patchy for many weeks seems like more than a little inconvenience.

Hang in there. You will heal with each day and hopefully this will all be a distant memory soon and you will be pleased with your results.

Best wishes,
    Melissa