• 95% Improvement

0 0%
  • 100% Improvement

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much improvement after IPL?

Default How much improvement after IPL?

Hi guys,
    I've been on the forums ever since 6 months ago when I self-diagnosed myself with rosacea and later confirmed that with a consultation with Dr. Soldo.

I have the flushing form of rosacea.I have some blotchiness on my cheeks when I don't flush but when I do flush, my entire cheeks go bright red and hot. So ive decided to go ahead with ipl treatment. I just wanted to get a consensus here on this forum of :

1. how much improvement people saw after ipl treatment (vote on poll)
    2. Please state in your post how many treatments were needed to see this improvement
    3. What your symptons are
    4. How many times in a year do you go for maintenance treatments

Thanks guys
    Last edited by cyoon; 2nd November 2009 at 05:02 AM.

2. Please state in your post how many treatments were needed to see this improvement

1. 85%, at least.
    2. 4 Photoderm VL treatments in 2000.
    3. Now, my symptoms are P & P, afternoon flushes in areas that were not treated with laser.
    4. I haven't gone in for maintenance treatments yet, but plan to this month.

1. At least 85%
    2. 7 treatments to see the full 85% it was definitely progressive. I've had 8 total but waited 8 months between the 7th and 8th treatment
    3. Prolonged flushing, nuero pain, nose swelling and flushing, ruddy skin due to prolonged flushing, increased pore size, oily T zone, super sensitive skin. Now my symptoms are pretty much gone - Rarely flush anymore except -exercise flushing, direct sunlight flushing, wine, and if my body is really worn down. Can also tolerate more products but I am very careful with this!
    4. First maintenance treatment was my 8th IPL - continued good results. This touch up really helped with pore size and oily T -Zone. I plan to go back every 8 months to a year as needed.

IPL has been a god send for me - I actually spent a week this summer under an umbrella at the beach with my kids - I could not have done that last summer!

hope this helps!
    Jen

Oh - I forgot to mention that I get more compliments on my skin than I ever have in my whole life. I was a freckle faced- red head growing up - still have the red hair but my skin tone has evened out - freckles are gone and IPL has really helped with the texture and aging process.

Jen

I just wanted to mention also that if you vote please post answers to the questions. I know this will help some people out when considering IPL. Especially if you vote the symptoms were made worse please. Thanks to the people who did post.

3. What your symptoms are

1. I've done 5 or 6 consecutive treatments with 4 weeks in between, and I believe I've seen about 70-80% improvement thus far.
    2. ^
    3. My symptoms have included mostly papules and sometimes dry patches, red cheeks when I'm in a hot room (and esp when drinking), and typically redness is worse in winter, papules worse in summer.
    4. I have not yet begun maintenance. Once I've done 8, I may continue to go monthly, possibly every other month. The place I go is really very reasonably priced, lucky for me.

1. Overall about 85%
    2. 5 Treatments at 5 weekly intervals approx. 4 years ago, then 1 KTP early last year, 1 ipl treatment early last year, the last two didn't have much impact though after the ipl my nose started flushing which it had never done before, then 3 ipl more recently which have made a big improvement.
    3. Flushing, permanent redness, small lumps and bumps which can come and go very quickly, hyper sensitive skin.
    4. Hoping to have another treatment fairly soon.

Hope this is of help.

Huge improvement but over time the rosacea flushing came back, and with it, the redness

I've had almost 100 IPL's

My symptoms include intractable debilitating full face massive hot flushing that lasts for hours and hurts like hell

I used to get IPL every two weeks, but recently switched to V Beam. Have had three medium and one purpuric. Will post about them when I can see results.

Clonidine and REmeron have been superb for blunting my flushing; lasers seem to do a great job of mopping up the damage that flushing leaves. For me, you need both to knock this disorder back; one alone just won't do it.

Hope this helps.

1. How much improvement people saw after ipl treatment (vote on poll)
    3. What your symptoms are

Okay...

1. No improvement so far
    2. I have had three, getting my fourth on Thursday
    3. Most bothersome: large subcutaneous nodules and near constant burning. Also some permanent redness and occasional p&ps
    4. Not applicable

Default worse effect after IPL