Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosacea gone: Diet

Certain food may trigger your rosacea, but then the redness goes back to normal. We all have different eating habits, some eat only vegetables, fruits... others eat red meat, pasta, pizza... yet we all have rosacea. So diet, as well as when dealing with acne, shouldn't be a major issue regarding rosacea. Just try to avoid the food you find that triggers your rosacea. I avoid coffee, spicy food, if something's very hot, I wait for it to cool down a bit...

Default re: diet

hi queta, basically i've done my best to cut out processed foods and sugary foods and eat more raw, live foods like having a salad once a day. I have much less flare ups and have it under better control than when i had a very poor diet. I do splurge now and then, but try to do so in moderation. thank goodness halloween is over and i don't have anymore candy in the house!

I found that cutting out certain foods is paramount to success. Fods to avoid: spicy, dairy, sugar, cigarettes (really bad), chocolate , alcohol canned fish, salt are a few I can think of now. Drink lots of water between meals, water is so important to keep redness at bay. Once you get into the habit of drinking water all the time it becomes second nature. No sunlight whatsoever and avoid central heating if possible. Never use a wet razor on ones face, use a good quality electric razor. This has helped me and I hope it helps others as well

Cigarettes in my food list. I made a boo boo