Thread: Horrible itching!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Horrible itching!

Hi everyone

I often get intensely itchy bumps on my cheeks and jawline, in fact I am covered with them now! They look like papules but I'm not sure that's what they are. I usually get papules after a bad flush but i've not had one of those for a while.

I think I do have seborrhoeic dermatitis also. Does anyone with this condition get anything similar? The itching is driving me batty! They seem to dry up when my skin is dry e.g. just after I've washed it, but I need to moisturise because my face feels horrible and sore and tight when I don't.

Any tips? I take one of those 'one-a-day' antihistamines every morning, but no relief as yes!

Thanks guys, hope you're all doing ok.

S.L. xx

Not really sure Sparrow. Maybe...and this might sound daft...but have you changed the laundry powder/liquid you use of late? Somtimes, that can irritate the skin...especially the areas you have mentioned.

Just a thought.

Jen

P.S. Any photos you can put up?

Hi Sparrow-legs

I've been coping with seb derm but I don't get intense itch. Incidentally, this may be purely coincidental (or perhaps a seasonal thing?) but in the past few days people have been posting about itchy/painful jawline.

Have you been ingesting any new foods/drinks? Any new medicines? Are you using a new shampoo/soap/household cleaner?
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Touch wood, I don't have Seb Derm. When my Rosacea was bad, it used to itch like crazy.

Yes, as Auburn-NH has suggested and as I have too, perhaps you have changed something recently?

Photos would help to identify. Perhaps they are p&p's? Doesn't really sound like it though. Touch wood...again! LOL

Jen

Nope...haven't changed a thing! I can get itchy when i'm hot or very stressed...but right now i'm neither! I'm stumped !

I don't know if it's rosacea, though. I get itchy on my chin and neck, and they are not affected by rosacea. I get regular eczema on my body too, and that itches like crazy!

Quite annoyed as my skin would look and feel quite good if it weren't for these horrid bumps!

Yep, that really is weird. How about hormonal fluctuations? I am currently coping with that .

Or, maybe one of the products/foods you normally use is causing a reaction now? What time of the day are you getting these reactions?
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Could they be blocked pores? If I try to use moisturiser my skin just gets clogged up and I get little bumps. These bumps are itchy, whilst I never scratch my face once I brush my hand over it it sets them off and I have to keep doing it.