Thread: H. Pylori

Default H. Pylori

I mentioned that I would report back the results to my H. Pylori test. Well, they came back negative. It's kind of frustrating in a way, I'd almost like to have something to blame for the symptoms of Rosacea.

So, I've ruled out Demodex, H. Pylori, Lupus, and an over active thyroid through testing. I've tried a Vbeam, L lysine, Oregano Oil, Finacea, and Oracea yet nothing had a real mentionable impact on my redness. Beta blockers have helped with flushing but I want to get to the root cause of the problem.

What should I look into next? Are there any other tests I can ask my doctor to check?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyguy View Post
    It's kind of frustrating in a way, I'd almost like to have something to blame for the symptoms of Rosacea.
    I know exactly what you mean!

I've tried a Vbeam, L lysine, Oregano Oil, Finacea, and Oracea yet nothing had a real mentionable impact on my redness.
    Have you tried adding Omega-3 fatty acids to your diet? To be honest, I'm not sure what has caused my skin to remain rather pale for the past few months but I can tell you that I haven't been taking any meds and all I put on my face is moisturizer after cleansing twice a day. I have, however, been taking cod liver and flaxseed oils and flaxseed meal every day since June.

Lately, and this is quite puzzling, my face feels cool to the touch in the evenings.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Can I ask what the test was which checked your Demodex population levels, Was it a skin scraping? A biopsy?

Edit: I just looked at a past post of yours to see it was indeed a scraping.

You could get your vitamin D levels checked - see the long thread on that for why its a possibility. (In short, vit D plays a big role in immune response; itself implicated in rosacea).

You could get a hair mineral analysis. There are some plausible scenarios under which a deficiency/imbalance could lead to rosacea symptoms.

You could get tested for chlamydia antigens/antibodies. A study showed the presence of this bacteria in a portion of rosaceans, and there are conceivable mechanisms by which infection could lead to the symptoms.
    Last edited by TheMediumDog; 25th September 2009 at 05:12 AM.

Auburn,

I am so jealous, you are blessed.
    I am very happy for you

I have some flaxseed meal at home how do you take yours? I haven't opened the package yet. Do you also take flaxseed oil? How much and how many times a day? Do any of these make you gain weight?

One of my dreams to feel cool to the touch with out the aid of an ice pak gel IMG]http://deephousepage.com/smilies/Disappointed_anim.gif[/IMG]
    using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Auburn,

I am so jealous, you are blessed.
    Oh, dear Alba, don't be. With this blasted disease we never know.

I have some flaxseed meal at home how do you take yours? I haven't opened the package yet.
    I buy whole flaxseed, grind about a cup at a time in a coffee grinder and keep it in the freezer (flaxseed goes rancid very quickly once ground). I've been taking 2 tablespoons daily, mixed in yogurt. When freshly ground, flaxseed tastes nutty and is quite palatable.

Do you also take flaxseed oil? How much and how many times a day?
    Yes. A first I was taking 1 tablespoon daily but then I learned, from a source I trust, that only a teaspoon is necessary, which I mix in yogurt together with the ground flaxseed.

Do any of these make you gain weight?
    No. Actually, I've been losing weight but that's because of the coconut oil.

One of my dreams to feel cool to the touch with out the aid of an ice pak gel
    You may eventually get there, I'm sure. As I said before, I don't really know what's causing my face to stay cool to the touch. I've been sunbathing, daily, for 20 minutes at noon, without sunscreen, for a while now so that my body can make vitamin D (I don't believe in supplementing with synthetic stuff).

So maybe it's the Omega-3s and the vitamin D what helps keep my skin cool.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

When I was tested for Lupus, I also had my vitamins, minerals, and electrolyte levels checked. All came out normal. I have tried Omega-3s before, but with no luck in helping the rosacea. I would like to start taking them again just for the health benefits.