Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my face is still killing me.... new pics

Unhappy my face is still killing me.... new pics

hi i've posted before but my face is still really bad, red flaky, burning easily flushes now too. i also have these white/yellow waxy bungs that grow out of my pores around my nose. they are like back heads on steroids ! if i pull them out with tweezers they will be back in a day or so ........... i'm at my wits end. this condition is destroying the very person i am. i feel over the past 10 years i have tried everything to correct it and NOTHING has helped. i'm coming round to the idea it my be genetic and therefore never cured.... but the thought of that makes me so so depressed i can hardly leave the house
    Attached Images

Hello Dom ,

I just read all your previous posts. In one of them you mentioned that you used Manuka products. Which ones and how and for how long did you apply them. Please be as specific as possible.

Also, do you consume sugar?

What you have, seb derm, cannot be cured but it can be successfully treated, I should know.

Hang in there.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Dom Please dont shut yourself away it will only make you feel worse.

Perhaps you can also list out all the products that you have tried. I am sure we can find something that works for you.

Im not sure if you know what you've got, i didn't see your story before i don't think. So sorry to point out what maybe the obvious to you already, but it looks like seb derm to me. Looks similar to mine when i used to get bad flares. What products have you used so far Dom?

Hi Dom

I haven't read your previous posts. It could be Seb Derm or Rosacea or a combination of the two? I know that doesn't help much but just giving you a suggestion.

I've been in your position before. I hated going out because my face looked so bad. Probably one of the reasons I spent so much time on this Forum! I needed answers.

Please do put up a list of what you have tried, or perhaps link to it, if you have written it here already.

There are so many things out there to help but sadly it's a slow process to find what works best for you personally. Please don't give up. I've had Rosacea since around 2001, maybe earlier but that's the year it seemed to be at it's worst.

I do hope that together a treatment regime can be found that works best for you.

Jen

hey dom, i have pretty much the same exact skin.

The black heads or whatever that come out of the nose are the worst. I also tweeze them out to no avail.

Does your skin get worse as the day goes on? Mine usually gets a lot worse the longer the oil sits on the skin.

I have tried a ton of different treatments to no avail... i'm starting to think its not seb derm, or perhaps its a skin condition related to something internally.

if you find anything that helps you please let me know.. i also have pictures on this site, so check them out. my condition looks very similar.

My skin is also almost identical to yours. I'm nearly at wit's end trying to fix it. I've been using a ZNP bar for about a month, which seems to help a little and 1% hydrocortisone a few times a week. Not sure what else to even do, I still don't know what I'm going to wake up to. Worst part is, my skin always seems "greasy" and shiny, even if I try to blot it with something... I'm most self conscious about that, being the only person in the room that is shiny looking. Sucks.

i think your skin looks great,

I cant see anything wrong with those photos,

u look fine

Have you already tried a retinoid? Something like retin-a. It comes in different strengths; you have to use the .1% prescription product if you are sensitive. Good for plugged pores.

Your skin looks a little red but not really bad. Also, have you been looked at in the dark under a wood light? when the doc does that, areas of fungal infection glow a little. this is a totally wild guess because i really don't know your background, but I have seen a lot of flakiness like I thought I saw on your nose area that turned out to be fungal. no big deal in those cases. a week of washing with nizoral shampoo on the affected and surrounding area usually takes care of it. but without knowing more about you its hard to say. you also seem either flushed or you have some skin irritation....

(don't put a retinoid on irritated skin. You have to wait for the irritation to subside)
    Last edited by laura.b999; 26th September 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Default genetic

[QUOTE=dom2004;222129]hi i've posted before but my face is still really bad, red flaky, burning easily flushes now too. i also have these white/yellow waxy bungs that grow out of my pores around my nose. they are like back heads on steroids ! if i pull them out with tweezers they will be back in a day or so ........... i'm at my wits end. this condition is destroying the very person i am. i feel over the past 10 years i have tried everything to correct it and NOTHING has helped. i'm coming round to the idea it my be genetic and therefore never cured.... but the thought of that makes me so so depressed i can hardly leave the house [/QUOTE

Dear dom2004,

If someone said to you that you may well be causing this problem yourself.
    What would your reaction be?
    Last edited by drums; 26th September 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: addons