Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Another one for you to look at!

  1. #11
    Senior Member nat007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    HI Vitek,

    hahaha, yes Dutch must sound weird.... Perhaps a bit like Hebrew with the many hard GGGGGGG´s (most non-utch I know can´t even make that rolling sound in the back of their mouth for this sound).

    Thanks for explaining more about your name. My grandmother was half Polish, but I can´t speak any Polish, apart from `kurva`, lol.

    I can imagine it bothers you that your face is red, but always keep in mind that you will see it much worse then others... You might want to check out if the degree of redness chnages when you eat by a special diet for some time (for instance no gluten, no dairy, no foods high in histamine, no alcohol or spices etc).
    If that doesn´t help and you really feel you want to do something about it, there is a possibility for some medication that can help the redness of your skin. Propranolol, clonidine, antihistamines (for some), mirtazapine for instance can help have a paler skin that is less flushed. But all these meds come with side-effects and only you can judge if you want them. Although most side-effects weat off after some time. Propranolol and antihistamines can be used occasionally, clonidine and mirtazapine not (long term use).
    Then there is the possibility of IPL or laser. But that cost money as you mentioned and isn´t a clear deal either, as not everyone responds the same to it. I would definitely (based on own experience) make sure you get test-patches first, if you go this route.

    Best wishes Natalja

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattdog323 View Post
    its kprf
    What in particular makes you rule out rosacea? Is a rough/bumpy face a requirement for KPRF? Because my skin seems normal enough.

    You might want to check out if the degree of redness chnages when you eat by a special diet for some time (for instance no gluten, no dairy, no foods high in histamine, no alcohol or spices etc)
    I've thought about this before. My normal diet relies on chicken, tuna, eggs, whey protein, and other items that aren't really desirable in specialist diets, but I'm not really in the position to change that for the time being. But definitely at some point. Recently I've been indulging in too much crap like pastries and other high carb processed crap and since then my face is somewhat redder (and constantly). Whether this is because of the diet or seasonal changes I don't know, since it's all happened at once really. My KP is also much, much worse.

    I'll go and read up on those medications. Thanks.

  3. #13
    Senior Member nat007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Hi Vitek,

    well, you might want to give a real basic diet a try for a week or two (!). Tuna is not good, it's forbidden in the Chinese anti-inflammatory diet (CAD, highly inflammatory according to them) and it also a trigger for some flishers (me as well), because of the high histamine content. Eggs can be problematic too. The egg white especially.
    If you want to see of diet has any impact on your skin, I would eat a basic diet for a week or two, as I said, just to see if there are any changes.
    Eat salads (no vinegrette, just oils), veggies (broccoli, carrots, courgettes etc). No garlic, unions and tomatoes, says the CAD. Potatoes in small portions, brown rice, quinoa, goats cheeses or milk instead of cows milk. Chicken is ok (try organic for this trial period), and smal portions of turkey or beef. Only very fresh or deepfrozen white fish, like sole. No spices.

    I can imagine if you don't chose for this trial, since it's fairly limited, but for me it was a very important experiment and it made more clear for me what worsened the redness for me.

    Meds can help, but I believe that as long as you are eating the wrong foods and IF they have a negative impact on your skin, it will be a matter of carrying water to the see...

    Best wishes Natalja

  4. #14
    Senior Member redhotoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitek View Post
    Oh, and redhotoz, which languages do you speak?
    Whilst I am quite out of practice, with nobdy to practice with, I have a reasonable handle on Indonesian (very simlar to the Malaysian language) plus enough to get me by in Europe with German, French and Italian. I only know a little bit of the Filipino language.

    Oh hey, I went to a P!NK concert in August and two lovely Indonesian girls were standing next to me outside. I spoke with them and it was great. The words started coming back. Language needs practice, huh!

    I used to be a travel agent and loved to try and pick up even a small amount of a language as I travelled. Sat back with the staff. Mostly they would laugh at me for trying too hard! LOL

    Jen

  5. #15
    Senior Member mattdog323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitek View Post
    What in particular makes you rule out rosacea? Is a rough/bumpy face a requirement for KPRF? Because my skin seems normal enough.



    I've thought about this before. My normal diet relies on chicken, tuna, eggs, whey protein, and other items that aren't really desirable in specialist diets, but I'm not really in the position to change that for the time being. But definitely at some point. Recently I've been indulging in too much crap like pastries and other high carb processed crap and since then my face is somewhat redder (and constantly). Whether this is because of the diet or seasonal changes I don't know, since it's all happened at once really. My KP is also much, much worse.

    I'll go and read up on those medications. Thanks.
    hey,Diet doesn't really have to much to do with kprf,Yes the better you eat the better u fell which will calm your skin,Kprf on the face is a reddish rash,U dont need to have bumpy skin,Kp in rough and bumpy skin which yes can be found on the face,But usally resides on your buttocks legs and triceps/arms,Most people who have kprf have very fair and smooth skin,

    Some derms might get the two mixed up(kprf and rosacea)Because they are basically treated the same,

    The reason i say kprf is firstly it looks like it to ME,Secondly because of your age and thirdly its more cheek flushing than central flushing and there are no reall p&ps visible,Usually people with kprf just get the odd pimple,Kprf flushing can get very bad and its harder to treat than rosacea,Some derms list kprf in the feild of rosacea but honestly derms are 99 percent off the time morons and very pushy,Kprf is genetic its why its seen at Avery young age,Even ppl younger than ten have it,It is treatable lasers do help,If you find that it really does go super red and gets really hot talk to your derm and try to calm your skin down a bit first before jumping into ipl/laser,Kprf seems to react to lasers better when its not at its worst,I Dont know why but the research ive done on that topic tells me that,

    A couple off tips avoid the mirrior try not to worry(its hard not to worry were only human)Some times worrying can do more harm it brings on anxiety flushing which after a while will cause ur vessels to dilate even more worsen the condition,Flushing meds help but be careful they cause rebound flushing in some kprf cases.

    Keep me posted on what u plan to do pm me thanks bud

    Regards MATT

  6. #16
    Senior Member mattdog323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nataljaoo View Post
    Hi Vitek,

    well, you might want to give a real basic diet a try for a week or two (!). Tuna is not good, it's forbidden in the Chinese anti-inflammatory diet (CAD, highly inflammatory according to them) and it also a trigger for some flishers (me as well), because of the high histamine content. Eggs can be problematic too. The egg white especially.
    If you want to see of diet has any impact on your skin, I would eat a basic diet for a week or two, as I said, just to see if there are any changes.
    Eat salads (no vinegrette, just oils), veggies (broccoli, carrots, courgettes etc). No garlic, unions and tomatoes, says the CAD. Potatoes in small portions, brown rice, quinoa, goats cheeses or milk instead of cows milk. Chicken is ok (try organic for this trial period), and smal portions of turkey or beef. Only very fresh or deepfrozen white fish, like sole. No spices.

    I can imagine if you don't chose for this trial, since it's fairly limited, but for me it was a very important experiment and it made more clear for me what worsened the redness for me.

    Meds can help, but I believe that as long as you are eating the wrong foods and IF they have a negative impact on your skin, it will be a matter of carrying water to the see...

    Best wishes Natalja
    TUNAS great to eat, Its low in fat high in protein and low carb,Body builders swear by it,Super models love it and the japennese catch it,

    beat food for rosacea is cold fish and cold fruit,Cold smoked fish mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm!

  7. #17
    Senior Member nat007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    Hi Mattdog,

    yeah, tuna is greaaaaat to eat, I agree, but everyone responds different to foods. That's the tricky thing with rosacea and food triggers. But in the traditional Chinese anti-inflammatory diet it is 'forbidden'. It makes me flush like mad. It contains a lot of histamine (far more then the fresh white fish). So perhaps it's worth while for bad flushers to check out if it is actually helping or harming them.

    And everything smoked can cause bad flushing to some as well.....

  8. #18
    Senior Member mattdog323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nataljaoo View Post
    Hi Mattdog,

    yeah, tuna is greaaaaat to eat, I agree, but everyone responds different to foods. That's the tricky thing with rosacea and food triggers. But in the traditional Chinese anti-inflammatory diet it is 'forbidden'. It makes me flush like mad. It contains a lot of histamine (far more then the fresh white fish). So perhaps it's worth while for bad flushers to check out if it is actually helping or harming them.

    And everything smoked can cause bad flushing to some as well.....
    wow tuna makes u flush really?? cold foods always been a blessing for me,If i touch any thing to hot i get flushy.

  9. #19
    Senior Member mattdog323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitek View Post
    What in particular makes you rule out rosacea? Is a rough/bumpy face a requirement for KPRF? Because my skin seems normal enough.



    I've thought about this before. My normal diet relies on chicken, tuna, eggs, whey protein, and other items that aren't really desirable in specialist diets, but I'm not really in the position to change that for the time being. But definitely at some point. Recently I've been indulging in too much crap like pastries and other high carb processed crap and since then my face is somewhat redder (and constantly). Whether this is because of the diet or seasonal changes I don't know, since it's all happened at once really. My KP is also much, much worse.

    I'll go and read up on those medications. Thanks.
    most of the time when kprf is in mild mode people dont really feel burning in there face,When they get hot they just get hot but there face goes red,

    Its some thing that is easier to treat the earlier you attack it,

    Remember try to avoid your triggers which make you flush.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default kprf

    yes that look like kprf, I got the same, I live in sweden where the winters are really cold, hot and humid summers almost makes it dissepear comletly, but this winter its a lot better I eat a tabel spoon of olive every day, makes the skin more moizt, and juse a lotion every day,and 10 minutesin a tanning bed every month (uv rays actually helps the KP) it has really made it much better, alomst gone completly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •