Thread: Do I have rosacea?

Default Do I have rosacea?

Picture 1.jpg

Hi,
    Five months ago, I had completely clear skin. Then I started to break out. I am 23 years old, and I never had anything more than the occasional pimple. My face got all red and started breaking out. It is very sore/burning, it itches, it's swollen, it's dry, and it's very uncomfortable and unsightly. I've tried everything--changed shampoo, detergent, started drinking 4 liters of water a day, changed face wash, makeup, etc... I'm assuming it's acne, but since I've never had an acne problem, I thought maybe it is rosacea. I have an appointment with a doctor in a month to look at it, so I'm not looking for a diagnosis. But I've heard that the treatment for acne can actually make rosacea worse, so I want to know whether I should stop my acne treatment regimen. I've attached a photograph of the most harshly affected area. Does anyone know if this looks more like rosacea or acne? Also, if it is rosacea, are there any natural remedies that will make it hurt less/be less unsightly?

Thanks for any responses.

Default Do you have rosacea? ummm lets see

Hi doihaverosacea, unfortunatly I have rosacea but from the looks of your picture it seems as if you have acne. Good luck on your search for finding a solution

Quote Originally Posted by doihaverosacea View Post
    Picture 1.jpg

Hi,
    Five months ago, I had completely clear skin. Then I started to break out. I am 23 years old, and I never had anything more than the occasional pimple. My face got all red and started breaking out. It is very sore/burning, it itches, it's swollen, it's dry, and it's very uncomfortable and unsightly. I've tried everything--changed shampoo, detergent, started drinking 4 liters of water a day, changed face wash, makeup, etc... I'm assuming it's acne, but since I've never had an acne problem, I thought maybe it is rosacea. I have an appointment with a doctor in a month to look at it, so I'm not looking for a diagnosis. But I've heard that the treatment for acne can actually make rosacea worse, so I want to know whether I should stop my acne treatment regimen. I've attached a photograph of the most harshly affected area. Does anyone know if this looks more like rosacea or acne? Also, if it is rosacea, are there any natural remedies that will make it hurt less/be less unsightly?

Thanks for any responses.

is it an allergic response maybe to a new product you must have tried on your face or a new cleanser...have u made any changes? diet wise or anything else?