Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well it seems I'm back to my old self :)

Woah, i'm a little confused.. Did you have redness before this? Either way man, what you're doing doesn't sound very safe or healthy. I'm happy you found something, even temporary relief must be great, but this really doesn't sound safe.

RatherBeSkating: I had to reply; mate, I'm just the same as you except I'm more of a coward. I remembered your name from the acne org forums. Same with me. First it was acne that ruined my life. I hid, wished time would fly by, basically lived half a life. The funny thing is, now I've got this rosacea, I look at my skin, acne wise I mean, and just think - what the hell was the big deal? If only I didn't have this rosacea I'd be fine. Or at least that's what I tell myself. Truth is I'll always probably be agonising over some aspect of my appearance. I read your comment about you starting to worry about your hair now and laughed. Not because what you said was funny but because I'm exactly the same. If it isn't my skin I'm obsessed with, it's my hair. I'm obsessed with going bald, spend hours scuitinising my head from different angles. Every two days I'm crying, not literally but close, about my skin, then on the third I take a break and obsess over my hair. I used to be absolutely paranoid about being bald and having acne. Now I'm paranoid about being bald with this stupid red face. Funny really - except it isn't. Sometimes I can ignore it, forget about it. Sometimes I can't. I presume you felt the same way, hence the radical treatments.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, you haven't posted for a week or so about how you're getting on. I really hope you're doing well. It's like I said, I feel exactly the same as you but I haven't perhaps gone to the extremes you have.I content myself with wasting money I dont have on anti redness crap and makeup. In fact to be completely honest I would have to say I agree with the majority of the posters - what you're doing is very risky. I'm not going to say anything though. Enough people already have and besides, if it makes you feel good now surely its worth it? You can talk about the long term repercussions as much as you want - fact is when you feel low, really low I mean, the long term seems so far away. Maybe too far. It's like if you don't start feeling better about yourself soon, now, you won't make it to the long term. Thats how I feel anyway.

One last thing: I've been doing a fair amount of reading on these forums. One thing that strikes me is the awesome combinations of prescription pills people are taking. I don't understand it. How the hell do you get them? I must have been dozens of times to my GP and the only thing I've ever been prescribed are anti-biotics. Last time I was practically begging for some sort of anxti anxiety/ anti depressive but no luck.I really need to find better doctors.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by faust405245 View Post
    RatherBeSkating: I had to reply; mate, I'm just the same as you except I'm more of a coward. I remembered your name from the acne org forums. Same with me. First it was acne that ruined my life. I hid, wished time would fly by, basically lived half a life. The funny thing is, now I've got this rosacea, I look at my skin, acne wise I mean, and just think - what the hell was the big deal? If only I didn't have this rosacea I'd be fine. Or at least that's what I tell myself. Truth is I'll always probably be agonising over some aspect of my appearance. I read your comment about you starting to worry about your hair now and laughed. Not because what you said was funny but because I'm exactly the same. If it isn't my skin I'm obsessed with, it's my hair. I'm obsessed with going bald, spend hours scuitinising my head from different angles. Every two days I'm crying, not literally but close, about my skin, then on the third I take a break and obsess over my hair. I used to be absolutely paranoid about being bald and having acne. Now I'm paranoid about being bald with this stupid red face. Funny really - except it isn't. Sometimes I can ignore it, forget about it. Sometimes I can't. I presume you felt the same way, hence the radical treatments.

Anyway, as far as I'm aware, you haven't posted for a week or so about how you're getting on. I really hope you're doing well. It's like I said, I feel exactly the same as you but I haven't perhaps gone to the extremes you have.I content myself with wasting money I dont have on anti redness crap and makeup. In fact to be completely honest I would have to say I agree with the majority of the posters - what you're doing is very risky. I'm not going to say anything though. Enough people already have and besides, if it makes you feel good now surely its worth it? You can talk about the long term repercussions as much as you want - fact is when you feel low, really low I mean, the long term seems so far away. Maybe too far. It's like if you don't start feeling better about yourself soon, now, you won't make it to the long term. Thats how I feel anyway.

One last thing: I've been doing a fair amount of reading on these forums. One thing that strikes me is the awesome combinations of prescription pills people are taking. I don't understand it. How the hell do you get them? I must have been dozens of times to my GP and the only thing I've ever been prescribed are anti-biotics. Last time I was practically begging for some sort of anxti anxiety/ anti depressive but no luck.I really need to find better doctors.

Peace.
    Hi mate, been a long time since the acne.org forums now, well over ayear ago for me! Things are actually going pretty well now that's why I've not actually posted on here. Redness wise it's way way down, just received my second shipment of melanotan in the post yesterday, still taking the clonidine which helps loads, tanning occasionaly, but only to maintain now, don't really need to be any darker.

Overall, I'm happy with things right now. They could be better, I mean I can still flush, but it's a lot less frequent now, and when I do, it's nowhere near as bad. I'm doing really well at college aswell, the chance to take me mind off of my appearance for once is doing wonders for my education, so I suppose to all those saying think of the long term consequences, I kinda am, obsession with acne lead me to miss half of my last year at college before. Not letting that happen again.

I'm meeting lots of new people aswell, and having a lot of fun. It's not the ideal solution, but I've got a derm appointment on 27th to talk about mepacrine, gonna print the entire mepacrine post off and discuss it. Hopefully I can find a way to treat this effectively with help from a doctor, but I'm not holding my breath, generally they are useless and unhelpful.

Thanks for taking interest though mate and hold in there! There's always something we can do!

Hi faust405245 and RBS

Glad you both knew eachother on the Acne board and can support eachother here too, although saddened to hear that you both now have Rosacea. What a bugger, huh! AND SOME!!!

Faust, what a great post! Kind of brings things into a greater perspective - the bigger picture. Many Rosies get really down about their appearance, as do Acne sufferers. I can relate to that. You know...the not wanting to leave the house or face the public. Push comes to shove, when in a deep dark hole, short term relief seems the best thing to do in order to get on with life - to get out there again. In that dark hole, the future seems hopeless, so any short term fix will help that feeling, yes?

As much as I understand, I still worry (it's the Mum in me and I'm allowed to worry). Kind of like 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' scenario. Short term relief is great: at the time. Future looks better, mood is lifted and life seems to be on the up and up. BUT...what happens when it falls, later down the track?

I'm sorry to sound negative but perhaps now is the time RBS to look at other options to control your Rosacea. Finish up what you've got, perhaps slowly introduce something else less risky?

I wish you all the best and only hope that you can find something else, less risky to help control your Rosacea.

Jen x
    Last edited by redhotoz; 15th October 2009 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz View Post
    Hi faust405245 and RBS

Glad you both knew eachother on the Acne board and can support eachother here too, although saddened to hear that you both now have Rosacea. What a bugger, huh! AND SOME!!!

Faust, what a great post! Kind of brings things into a greater perspective - the bigger picture. Many Rosies get really down about their appearance, as do Acne sufferers. I can relate to that. You know...the not wanting to leave the house or face the public. Push comes to shove, when in a deep dark hole, short term relief seems the best thing to do in order to get on with life - to get out there again. In that dark hole, the future seems hopeless, so any short term fix will help that feeling, yes?

As much as I understand, I still worry (it's the Mum in me and I'm allowed to worry). Kind of like 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' scenario. Short term relief is great: at the time. Future looks better, mood is lifted and life seems to be on the up and up. BUT...what happens when it falls, later down the track?

I'm sorry to sound negative but perhaps now is the time RBS to look at other options to control your Rosacea. Finish up what you've got, perhaps slowly introduce something else less risky?

I wish you all the best and only hope that you can find something else, less risky to help control your Rosacea.

Jen x
    You read my mind I have a derm appointment of the 27th to discuss just that, gonna print out the entire mepacrine thread and have a go with that. If I can get symptom free for a year, I'm confident it can be beaten forever, that's my goal anyway, I will beat this for good

Congratulations your skin looks awesome !! stay safe though ..