Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well it seems I'm back to my old self :)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    Okay you arent going to like what I am going to say but as a moderator and someone who has had rosacea for a long time I want to be honest with you. I dont think you are on the right track with your treatment. What you are doing now has implications for your future health.

For one you are buying a medicine off the internet that you dont know the quality of and nor do you know whether you should be taking. Secondly you are injecting a drug that has yet to be approved and thus no one knows the true benefits or side effects.

Whilst I understand the desire to be better I want you to try to imagine yourself way down the line. Okay so it might not kills you but what about risking your eye sight or any of the yet unknown side effects? You are having weekly sunbeds, well for a start they increase your risk of skin cancer, let alone give you horrible leathery skin. You mention you are getting headaches, that could well be from either medication and shouldn't be ignored.

If I am not mistaken the melatonin mainly covers the redness and isnt actually treating the rosacea. You need to look round for something which will be good for you in the long-term as opposed the short term gains you are seeing now.

I apologize for coming across as a kill joy. Just think of me an annoying big sister. I am pleased you are having success I just wish it wasn't with these drugs in this manner.

Please make sure you are aware of all the risks, we dont want you regretting your decision in the future.

Best wishes

Sarah
    Sarah,

What excellent advice, I am sure I am much older than you but this even Bigger
    Sister totally agrees.

Judworth
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hey RBS,

Perhaps you can find a doctor who will prescribe Clonidine for you as it is a real rosacea treatment that many rosaceans use. However, I have to agree with the others here that buying it online is risky at best. And I do think that Melanotan with UV sunning beds is not a good longterm solution.

So, while I am glad you feel and look better I would urge you to reconsider the Melanotan and UV beds and try and get Clonidine from a doctor who can follow and treat you. Perhaps the Clonidine will be enough to keep your rosacea in check and there are lots of other safe options to try if it isn't.

Good luck with school and find yourself a good doctor who will work with you and prescribe safer longterm treatments.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Arrow

RatherBeSkating,

The folks here who've been dealing with your type of situation long term know what they are talking about. In particular the counsel that you try to get onboard with a doctor and find solutions that are based upon other things outside of the usage of unregulated (and in the case of melanotan II unlicensed) drugs is strong advice. I hope you take such counsels to heart.

-Scott
    Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin, a site about melanotan peptides. Melanotan-1's generic name is "afamelanotide".

I agree with all the posts above friend. The Clonidine is no biggie and is very safe BUT as some have stated, a lot of these online pharmacies get their meds from dirty labs in 3rd world countires so you don't know the quality of the medication as it is not from a regulated lab such as those in Europe or North America. An easy fix for this is to just keep seeking derms, look for one who is experienced in rosacea and you will find one that will be willing to prescribe this medication. Lots of people use it for rosacea and have Doctors who are willing to support them taking the med so it's not like it is not possible.

As for the Melatonin and tanning bed, I don't know a lot about the Melatonin except that it is not FDA aprroved but it just seems like a terrible treatment idea to be honest. What are you planning to do? Use tanning beds weekly for the rest of your life? Have you seen people who have UV and sun damaged skin? Looks like leather not to mention the cancer risks. UV light is very bad for rosacea and blood vessles, short turn relief will likely turn into long term pain with the use of tanning beds when you have rosacea.

Also just trying to be honest here. Stick with the Clonidine but find a Doctor so you can get the medication from a proper lab/pharmacy. Ditch the tanning beds, I think you are just asking for problems with the use of these given the characteristics of rosacea etc.

Be well.
    Last edited by RedFaced; 13th September 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Hi again RBS

Sort of off-topic but what sort of skating do you do? Ice skating? Just guessing.

Please do consider what others have written in this thread, I believe it's all good advice.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz View Post
    Hi again RBS

Sort of off-topic but what sort of skating do you do? Ice skating? Just guessing.

Please do consider what others have written in this thread, I believe it's all good advice.

Jen
    Rollerblading here Like ramp skating, street skating etc, good fun Done a bit of ice skating but it was too slow :P

Just to update, the headaches are gone, they were probably from the flu I had last week, and I'm just taking 1ml of melanotan/ 2 days now since I'm at a nice colour.

Oh, and a lot of people keep saying melanotin. It's totally different from melanotin.

Hi RBS

I used to roller skate and ice skate. Wasn't slow for me! I used to be a speed skater in the old days. Roller blading is new to me but love it, with my kids. Snow skiing is my most favourite but the ski fields are so far away from me!

Sorry to hear that you had the Flu. We had it here too. Was dreadful. Glad to hear that your headaches have gone now.

As far as spelling goes, well, do you think it was a typo or is it a different product? I don't know? Personally, I would never take it but I am always open to listening and learning.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz View Post
    Hi RBS

I used to roller skate and ice skate. Wasn't slow for me! I used to be a speed skater in the old days. Roller blading is new to me but love it, with my kids. Snow skiing is my most favourite but the ski fields are so far away from me!

Sorry to hear that you had the Flu. We had it here too. Was dreadful. Glad to hear that your headaches have gone now.

As far as spelling goes, well, do you think it was a typo or is it a different product? I don't know? Personally, I would never take it but I am always open to listening and learning.

Jen
    Always nice to talk to another skater And I know how you feel about not been able to ski. I snowboard, but I live in England so no snow here, and its 40 a session for indoor slope

I'm pretty sure some people were getting confused. Melanotin is indeed a product that claims to have the ability to tan, but from what I've heard, it doesn't work, and I think they are taken in tablet form.

Melanotan is a peptide that you inject straight into a fatty layer. I'm injecting on my bum at the moment because I have no fat anywhere else

I'm running out of melanotan aswell now, I've started rationing it, one dose every two days, gonna have to re-order it, need to maintain this browness I've got going on. Pretty cool that I don't worry about my skin anymore. Now I've just gone on to worrying about my hair! I don't think I can ever be satisfied ;)

Oh, ok.. Didn't realise there was a tablet form as well. Learn as I go.

Just be careful, ok!

Jen

Will do and I'll keep updating this when there's something to report.