Thread: Well it seems I'm back to my old self :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Well it seems I'm back to my old self :)

Just want to say a big thank you to all on this forum. Not been here long but without you and your info I wouldn't have been able to get to the stage I'm at.

Basically, my skin is fine now

Read up on here about clonidine and Melanotan-II, two treatments that jumped out on me. My doctor refused me clonidine so I bought it online, aswell as the melanotan which isn't licensed for himan consumption. However, despite the risks, my skin is looking nice these days I'm very very dark right now, which hides the rosacea incredibly well, thank to melanotan, and when I would normally have a severe flush, the clonidine stops it about half way anyway, so my skin isn't going from pasty white to bright red in a couple of seconds anymore.

It's gonna take a lot of upkeep (Weekly tanning sessions, daily injections, and daily pill taking) but for the first time in a long time I'm really happy. My social anxiety that I've had for so long, first because of acne, then because of rosacea is finally getting better. Just today I was at the hairdressers having a right good chat with the hairdresser, whilst the studio was full of beautiful women, which normally would have made me very nervous and edgy.

It's not the ideal situation. Injecting hurts, its awful, and I find I'm having lots of headaches recently, bad ones, but these could be from lack of sleep due to working nights and going to college through the day. Clonidine gives me wicked dry mouth aswell

I just wanted to thank you all, and let you know I'll probably still hang around the forums, and knowing my luck, will be back with rosacea in full bloom at some point, but until then, thanks to everyone who posts here, you've change at least one persons life

Will post a pic of myself after I get ready for work.

There it, me as of right now, I think I'm looking pretty good for a change
    Attached Images

I hesitate to say this because I'm glad you've got the rosacea under control, but I don't think it's a very good idea to purchase clonodine online without a prescription. Not only is it illegal, but it's dangerous. Your doctor probably didn't give it to you for a reason and when purchasing things online like that it could be contaminated. Melotonin, too, could potentially have bad side effects as it hasn't even been approved by the FDA for human use, as you've said. Further, you're at an increased risk for developing skin cancer from both the injections and tanning.

Again I am happy the rosacea went into remission but is it really worth getting something worse?

Lightbulb

While I wouldn't advise anyone follow your regimen I will make a suggestion (for you and anyone who may be considering following in your footsteps). Try to reduce the dosages of what you are taking as much as possible to the point that you are just at the dosage level needed to experience the level of effectiveness needed. Essentially one wants to limit as much as possible unnecessary exposure (or levels of exposure) to a given drug as much as possible. Also limit your exposure to UV as much as possible. It will take a bit of time and experimentation but you will likely be much better off for it in the long term.

-Scott
    Last edited by Melanotan; 11th September 2009 at 11:33 PM.
    Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin, a site about melanotan peptides. Melanotan-1's generic name is "afamelanotide".

Exclamation

Also, get yourself examined with regularity by qualified medical professionals. Through examination such folks will be in a better position to detect any medical issues that could potentially arise as you continue in your regimen. Be as upfront with them about what you are doing as possible.

-Scott
    Last edited by Melanotan; 11th September 2009 at 11:50 PM.
    Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin, a site about melanotan peptides. Melanotan-1's generic name is "afamelanotide".

While I surely would not recommend Melanotan in general, it has really allowed me mostly forget about my rosacea and go out in the sun this summer. After so many years of not doing that, it was mentally exhausting. It was so nice to take a break and now I am going off of it to work on the root cause again. But I know I have it in my back pocket if the disease begins to overwhelm me mentally.

Glad you having success, but be careful about making this your lifelong regimen. You still need to do things to work the root cause if you want to be largely free of rosacea.

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that UV exposure triggers new blood vessels to develop and that can make rosacea flare much worse in the long run. Just be careful.