Thread: Phymatous rosacea or Rhinophyma?

Default Phymatous rosacea or Rhinophyma?

So, this is the case. My nose tip has been growing from years ago(skin thickening?), i thought it just a normal growth process.

And as i grow older (i am 20,male), it never stops growing and i think i am with some dieases.
    My nose shape is bending outwards when i look at it sideways, and before i didn't have that shape. And it gets wider and more meaty when i look at it in a mirror.

The intersting point is that this is the only symptom i get. There is no flushing,redness anywhere in my body. And i have no skin problem at all including the nose area, the skin is smooth and in right color.

So, aucatally do i have any rosacea or rhinophyma or other dieases?

any little piece of help would be appreciated

Okay maybe a little flushing, but i have to looked very carefully to notice there are autucally redness on my nose and more on my nose wing.

And if i squeeze my nose tip, it easily get red for maybe 10 seconds and fade.

But the degree of flushing is nowhere near the case in photo section.
    Maybe i am an asian, you know yellow skin, and this make it apparently less red

Well it doesnt sound like you have rosacea, nor rhinophyma as this occurs rarely after many years of untreated flushing.

Perhaps it is just normal. I would suggest that if you are worried you go see your doc.

Default Phymatous rosacea

Quote Originally Posted by jungelbobo View Post
    So, this is the case. My nose tip has been growing from years ago(skin thickening?), i thought it just a normal growth process.

And as i grow older (i am 20,male), it never stops growing and i think i am with some dieases.
    My nose shape is bending outwards when i look at it sideways, and before i didn't have that shape. And it gets wider and more meaty when i look at it in a mirror.

The intersting point is that this is the only symptom i get. There is no flushing,redness anywhere in my body. And i have no skin problem at all including the nose area, the skin is smooth and in right color.

So, aucatally do i have any rosacea or rhinophyma or other dieases?

any little piece of help would be appreciated
    Hi
    You can get phymatous rosacea and not have a lot of flushing. I had nose swelling for years without really being very red at all. I have also noticed it on other people. I would probably go to a derm and have them check it out,
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson