Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: You know you've got rosacea when......

Lol, you know what's funny. I thought I was the only one doing some of the things being said on this thread. I feel relieved now, my husband found my behavior odd, like checking myself in a mirror in different light, hiding behind a scarf, turning the light of in the bathroom so I can't see myself in the mirror... . Thank god I'm not the only one.

My last one. When you're in the waiting room and you look around and nobody looks as bad as you do.
    And while you're waiting and looking at the posters of wrinkle treatments like Botox and think, I wish I could worry about that, but you can't because you've bigger problems to worry about.

Default grocery stores

Wow I thought I was the only one who got rosacea flares from the grocery store! That is so comforting to know that it's not just me. Not to say I'm happy this happens to other people, but happy to know it's not just me. I always bring a scarf and even ski mask to the grocery store, and people just stare at me like I'm crazy. But our grocery store is very cold. I don't even have to go to the frozen food section. The whole store is freezing.

Whenever people get curious about the sort of mobile you have because they see you holding a wrapped ice pack on your burning cheeks.
    Or, when they worry about your having a toothache for the same above reason.

Lol glad to know I'm not the only one using ice packs!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyKingston View Post
    I love this thread! Some many things I can relate to ...

When stir your dinner on the stove from a foot away ...
    yes, i do that too.
    dx early 2006.
    current stategy;
    finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

Default true, but funny

Quote Originally Posted by Kisha View Post
    When you don't want to skype with your long distance boyfriend because you don't want to scare him off with your latest flare up

When you don't want to see your friends because you are having a bad face day

When you cry when your family says "it's not as bad to everyone else as it is you" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

When you wish just for a second that people who tell you "it's not a big deal" would look in the mirror for just one day and see their face looking like this and see if it still wasn't "a big deal"

When you feel like a mean person for being jealous of people with their perfect skin

When you know you are screwing up in work or school by missing days but you can't bare to leave your house due to how your face looks and knowing that stepping outside into the blistering heat and humidity is only going to make it 10 times worse.

When you start telling the girl who is trying to help you at whole foods that you are looking for tea tree oil to kill the mites on your face and you see her take a step back and you realize how gross it sounds. LOL
    The tea tree oil comment cracked me up. I needed a good laugh tonight.

I've been diagnosed with this disease for almost a year now. I've felt so alone in all of this. Reading this thread, I can relate to so many of these things I also do that other people think are weird. I'm sorry others suffer too, but also glad to know that it's not just me. Maybe I've finally found a group I fit in with. lol

....when reading through this thread you keep on nodding and saying "hey, I do that too"

When you just want to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    When you just want to die.
    I've definitely been there, Vice, and I certainly don't get the joy out of life that I used to.