Thread: Anybody know any good ocular rosacea docs in Milwaukee or Chicago area

Default Anybody know any good ocular rosacea docs in Milwaukee or Chicago area

I am looking for an experienced eye dr who is good at treating ocular rosacea. I live in Milwaukee but am willing to drive to chicago area also for treatment. Thaks guys if anyone in the area can point me in a direction.

I had horrible ocular rosacea and my IPL doctor told me that if I could get the flushing under control, the eyes would improve.

I was skeptical, but he was right.

So if I were you, I'd try to get the flushing under control with a lower carbohydrate diet (no sugar, white flour, no alcohol, etc) and then maybe look into Clonidine or Remeron.

You can read more about those drugs by searching for them here.

Laser treatments helped me a lot. Drawbacks are that they take time to help and they cost a lot.

You can find IPL by looking at these links, I'd recommend a Lumenis One as it seems to many to be one of the best --

http://www.skinandhealth.com/locator/usStart.html

and you can find V Beam drs here, many say the V Beam PERFECTA is the best --

http://www.candelalaser.com/patients...sk=practSearch

Hope this helps.

Default Dr. recommendation

Hi
    I would recommend Dr. Matthew Goren of Goren Eye Associates. He specializes in
    external disease and the eye, and sees ocular rosacea patients regularly. I've been to him several times. He's located in suburbs just outside Chicago - 1420 Renaissance Dr., suite 315, Park Ridge, IL. 847-390-0758. He has a website www.goreneye.com.

Hey thanks for the info on the dr. in the Chicago suburbs. I will check out his website and maybe set an appointment. Take care

Default Check out Rosacea Ltd Web Site and Product

I live in Chicago and have seen many doctors here, but few were able to help me other than to diagnose MGD/ Ocular Rosacea. I traveled to Houston to see Dr. Steve Plugfelder and told me to increase Omega 3's by eating more fish and taking fish oil capsules. This did make a difference. Was already doing the lid cleansing and using makeup for sensitive eyes. What really made a world of difference was using Rosacea Ltd product on my lids. Was already using product for rosacea symptoms on face which had cleared my complexion, but never thought to use on lids. Now rarely have red, itchy or dry eyes and when I feel symptoms coming on, use the product and symptoms alleviated. It's amazing and I hope your luck with product is just as good! Check out their web site which has a wealth of info.