Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do for this????

Default What should I do for this????

This isnt even when Im flushing, this is how it usually looks - when it flushes it gets much worse. Ive tried cortisone (cleared up completely for one day, came back with a vengeance), metrogel, antibiotics, anti fungals, and a bunch of holistic quackery.

Only thing that helps is not eating sugars & dairy.

Do you think I should get laser?? Is laser good for this type of rosacea, beause i dont have many broken capillaries, mostly just the permament redness on nose and cheeks that NEVER goes away.

Have had it for 4 years and am going crazy, please give advice.

Hi Ewist,
    If you avoid dairy and sugar does your face become calmer?
    If so I would continue doing that for sure.

Have you tried laser before? Have you tried low level light therapy?
    Do you only have redness or burning as well?

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I'd recommend a multi pronged strategy;

1. dietary modifications like a low carb diet, a diet that does not spike your insulin, which leads to inflammation;
    2. prescription meds that increase vasomotor stability like Clonidine; and
    3. lasers like IPL or V Beam to remove the offending capillaries and lessen the permanent redness.

Some have also had success with Red Light Therapy.

Some flushing is thought to be due to a thyroid problem; a good derm will run you through a battery of tests to rule out causes like that.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi Ewist,
    If you avoid dairy and sugar does your face become calmer?
    If so I would continue doing that for sure.

Have you tried laser before? Have you tried low level light therapy?
    Do you only have redness or burning as well?

Best wishes,
    Melissa
    Well both sugar and dairy make me flush, so yea.

Never tried laser because I always understood they were more for broken capillaries and not so much perm redness - i have a few broken capillaries but they dont bother me so much. I do get burning! Pretty much everything I do sets off a flush, eating, hot/cold weather, stress - seems like everything will set it off, so stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by WrinkledClue View Post
    I'd recommend a multi pronged strategy;

1. dietary modifications like a low carb diet, a diet that does not spike your insulin, which leads to inflammation;
    2. prescription meds that increase vasomotor stability like Clonidine; and
    3. lasers like IPL or V Beam to remove the offending capillaries and lessen the permanent redness.

Some have also had success with Red Light Therapy.

Some flushing is thought to be due to a thyroid problem; a good derm will run you through a battery of tests to rule out causes like that.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    I have had tons of tests done for everything - thyroid problems, lupus, ect.. all came out normal.

Do lasers really help so much with lessening the permanent redness??

Lasers target the hemoglobin in the blood vessels. They heat it up, destroying the blood vessel. They've helped me immensely. Drawbacks include the fact that they are expensive; you have to find a skilled operator; and in my experience, if you have it hot enough to do some good, you're going to have some post treatment flushing and misery.

I'd talk to your dr about Clonidine.

Hi ewist,
    I would consider low level light therapy and see if that helps give you some relief from your burning and redness. It might be helpful.

no dairy, no added sugar, no meat, no saturated fats, and low carbs.
    fish, vegetables, 1 or 2 fruits a day, herbs like parsley, chives, and sea salt. eggs are ok too.
    water only.
    this diet works for me. not that hard but it's a way of life for sure lol.
    add omega 3 oils like flax oil or colza oil.
    it reduces inflammation.
    some months ago, my face was burning as hell, and everybody was asking me if I went to the ski or smth... Now, no flushes, never, sometimes a little bit redder when it's very hot.
    if I stick to the diet, everything is ok, but it can be at least controlled, trust me.
    diet is one of the biggest keys!

I hope you will find a solution that works for you.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by WrinkledClue View Post
    Lasers target the hemoglobin in the blood vessels. They heat it up, destroying the blood vessel. They've helped me immensely. Drawbacks include the fact that they are expensive; you have to find a skilled operator; and in my experience, if you have it hot enough to do some good, you're going to have some post treatment flushing and misery.

I'd talk to your dr about Clonidine.
    Alright cool thanks for the info, I'm really not sure as it will be too useful for me, as I only have a few broken capillaries. I'll definately keep Clonidine in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi ewist,
    I would consider low level light therapy and see if that helps give you some relief from your burning and redness. It might be helpful.
    So does Low level light therapy work on broken capillaries or act differently? Thanks!