Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOW OPEN TO NON-MEMBERS. Volunteers wanted to test out a new topical compound

I imagine it is t like the exploratory stage to set up hypotheses that can be scientifically proven in stages II III etc. Interested to see what happens..

Just to update: The final details of the participants are currently being collected in at the moment. The trial should begin in a few weeks.

On a slightly different note, it may be worth keeping an eye on this stage 2 clinical trial. It is the same compound they are testing out. Completion is soon - September - so hopefully results will be out after that.
    They are not testing it on rosacea, but on Atopic dermatitis (AD) - because it is the same enzyme that is thought to be involved (kallikrein 5) in the two conditions. Partly anyway.
    If they get negative results, though, it isn't necessarily a bad thing, since having read the patent application of the company involved, they seem to have neglected the fact that suppressing kallikrein 5 could worsen AD, because this would downregulate cathelicidin, which is thought to already be low in AD. They are focusing, rather, on the fact that supressing kallikrein 5 should improve the skin barrier, because this enzyme is involved in degrading the elements that hold the outer layer of the skin together.

In any case, the fact that they're doing stage 2 trials on AD (where, as said, people have a compromised barrier, and so are very prone to irritants) shows that the compound is probably pretty safe, non-irritating, and so on. Which is good to know.

That AD trial, above, has just been completed. So when the results come through, it will be interesting to read them. What works for eczema/AD is completely different, of course. But still...

looking forward to hearing how it worked!

Did we ever hear about the results on this compound?

Hi Sarah,

Not much going on back in January. Pity, really.
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

TheMediumDog - any updates????
    Doug

Smile

Newbie here! I would like to volunteer for the study but when I clicked on your name I didn't see an option to send you a PM. I would like to try the formula as a lotion based product. I don't do well with gels/aloe vera. I feel smothered!
    BTW I don't wear make-up (haven't since I was a teen because of oily skin...I'm 39). I never knew why my skin turned red/blushed just by a simple touch until a recent visit to a dermatologist. She told me that my "adult acne", blushing, and sensitive to the touch, skin was rosacea. My emotions show easily with my rosacea, and I recently had a patient (I'm an occupational therapy practitioner) tell me she was worried about my blood pressure because my face/neck/chest was all red.....when in actuality I was hot and getting frustrated with her whining/complaining about doing the exercises in her treatment session....lol. But, I kindly smiled at her and said "thank you for your concern. I will have the nurse check my blood pressure AFTER our treatment session".
    Anywho, I'm excited to be a part of the forum and to know that there is a community of people out there who can relate! I look forward to reading through the posts for advise!

Quote Originally Posted by blushednflushed View Post
    Newbie here! I would like to volunteer for the study but when I clicked on your name I didn't see an option to send you a PM. I would like to try the formula as a lotion based product. I don't do well with gels/aloe vera. I feel smothered!
    BTW I don't wear make-up (haven't since I was a teen because of oily skin...I'm 39). I never knew why my skin turned red/blushed just by a simple touch until a recent visit to a dermatologist. She told me that my "adult acne", blushing, and sensitive to the touch, skin was rosacea. My emotions show easily with my rosacea, and I recently had a patient (I'm an occupational therapy practitioner) tell me she was worried about my blood pressure because my face/neck/chest was all red.....when in actuality I was hot and getting frustrated with her whining/complaining about doing the exercises in her treatment session....lol. But, I kindly smiled at her and said "thank you for your concern. I will have the nurse check my blood pressure AFTER our treatment session".
    Anywho, I'm excited to be a part of the forum and to know that there is a community of people out there who can relate! I look forward to reading through the posts for advise!
    I feel you may be somewhat late with your volunteering on this - have you checked the dates of the initial request?

Note: the options for PMs/ pictures etc come after you've made a few posts.

Did anything happen with this?