Thread: Redness

Default Redness

Hi all. So, I saw a new dermatologist the other day and he says, since my problem is only redness (mostly the nose), there is nothing I can do. I have been using Finacea for a while, which, I guess, prevents things from getting worse. I tried metrocream, but that gave me red patches (and Finacea is stronger, anyway).

I know everyone is different and all, but is there anything that heps to reduce redness in your experience?

The doc mentioned laser, but he also said it's not worth it because it's expensive and does not do much.

A lot of people talk about diet. I have never really noticed any flushing related to what I eat. It's just the redness is there, always the same. Appears to be spreading, actually. I am willing to try eating better and cutting off all stuff that may be bad for my skin. Not a problem.

Anything else? I have had this problem for a while and I have never been so obsessed about as I am now. I actually think visiting these boards might feed my obsession, but I get precious info from here, so thanks.

Hello Seamonster,

I'm sorry I do not have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say I completely understand how you are feeling. I feel the same right now

Do you have msn messanger? It would be great to chat to people in 'real time'

Default hello

well the only solution that i know off for redness, and as you describe it is lasers. And they do work- maybe that derm you went to probably did not have them haha..

pdl/vbeam- ipl are the top choices

Hi seamonster,

The Q and A's below are very informative and discuss redness and lasers/IPL.

http://rosaceagroup.org/QandA/Dr_Pet..._Interview.php

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/QandA/Dr_Nicholas_Soldo.php

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonster View Post
    Hi all. So, I saw a new dermatologist the other day and he says, since my problem is only redness (mostly the nose), there is nothing I can do. I have been using Finacea for a while, which, I guess, prevents things from getting worse. I tried metrocream, but that gave me red patches (and Finacea is stronger, anyway).

I know everyone is different and all, but is there anything that heps to reduce redness in your experience?

The doc mentioned laser, but he also said it's not worth it because it's expensive and does not do much.

A lot of people talk about diet. I have never really noticed any flushing related to what I eat. It's just the redness is there, always the same. Appears to be spreading, actually. I am willing to try eating better and cutting off all stuff that may be bad for my skin. Not a problem.

Anything else? I have had this problem for a while and I have never been so obsessed about as I am now. I actually think visiting these boards might feed my obsession, but I get precious info from here, so thanks.
    some times a derm might express them selves in that manner because they think nothing is wrong with u,There's noting wrong with having a reddish nose,

Quote Originally Posted by mattdog323 View Post
    some times a derm might express them selves in that manner because they think nothing is wrong with u,There's noting wrong with having a reddish nose,
    I can't use anything on my nose,i use finacea and cant even use it on the side's of my nose.

My nose was always amazingly red,i can't tolerate anything on it,i dont even like to use a cleanser sometimes on it,the only thing that makes it look semi normal is led light therapy.

if i didnt use light therapy it would be alot worse.

Hi seamonster, I am just like you. I have let things get to this stage and have managed to live with things but now things seem to be getting worse and obviously I feel really down.

I have a permintant redness on my nose and extending out to my cheeks. Very few and only light blemishes or spots on my lower forehead.

I am new to still and just posted what I plan to do, if I find anything, I will post back.

Or are we already at the answer? Laser or light therapy or nothing?

I will will happily pay if this can be sorted but dont want to pay if not appropriate. Here in the UK it is hard to get proper advice. GPs don't like to refer to Dermatologies and if they do they don't often like to provide expensive treatments. The alternative is to go direct to private clinics, but they will just want you do sign up so they can pocket the money whether it is the right thing or not.

Good luck to others in this position, hope we can work something out.

asil.

If you are looking for a laser/IPL Doctor with a genuine desire to help, I have to recommend Dr Crouch in Swindon. Treatment is expensive but I do not believe he would ever mislead you or try to sell you something you did not need. Neither would he withold treatment (like NHS Doctors do) but obviously this is because you are paying! He is cautious with treatments so as not to make anything worse, and you don't have to sign up to packages or anything like you do in crappy laser beauty clinics.

He doesn't charge for a consultation so maybe it's worth booking one?

Thank you sparrow-legs, I will certainly make a note of your recommendation and if I decide I need to go that route, I will certainly look him up.

Thanks again.