Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Personal success stories

I tried every cream imaginable; the list of creams I didn't try is shorter. I went for 13 years without a full remission; started getting the rash really bad when I was a handsome young man, and it really was tough on my self esteem. It did a number on my face, and began to cover my scalp too.

The only thing that finally worked for me with long lasting, real remission, is plaquenil. My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner. Much, much sooner.

In hindsight, I think it was likely lupus all along, and my experience really has me questioning how many other people with "rosaceae" are just lupus sufferers.

I would encourage folks here to do an honest self audit to reconcile any symptoms that may be similar to lupus and connect the dots. And whatever you do, whatever your gut tells you, please don't give up on finding a lasting resolution.

Even if I don't have lupus, the treatment for it resolved my horrible, red, burning, painful, embarrassing rash. I don't really care what we call it because I'm able to look in the mirror again. And Im feeling​ my age again.

I hope everyone here finds a lasting remission. Don't stop until you do.

Default A sea salt rinse, at night, works for me. CeraVe lotion? Love it, but keeping an eye

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    This thread is for any type of success regarding your rosacea treatments. Small or big successes. What has lessened your rosacea symptoms and helped your quality of life. Any benefits you would like to share.

Had intense facial flushing for about 2.5 years. Started at about age 15, a few months after finishing a treatment of Accutane for acne. Not sure, but I suspect the Accutane may have lead to the facial flushing - I had a very strong reaction to Accutane that caused the skin on my face/lips to scab. The facial flushing caused my face to swell and turn deep-red (sometimes even purple-ish). Accutane did permanently get rid of the acne, though. For the 2.5 years, I always had a feeling of significant discomfort and swelling in my face, and the flushing would become severe at certain periods throughout the day, or after certain activities.

I talked to doctors during that time, and none really knew what was going on. I had read about facial flushing online, but the doctors wouldn't really listen to me and didn't know what to do. One even used the word 'psychosomatic' - very frustrating. This was over 10 years ago, so maybe the knowledge has improved since then. The pain and embarrassment caused me to become very depressed, and I sort of 'gave up' on life, which had very negative permanent effects on my life. I wish I would have 'kept it together' a little better during this time . . . If I could go back in time and talk to my younger self, I would tell myself to keep a better attitude about the pain - I could have kept decent school grades and normal relationships, but I did not because I had a 'bad attitude' about what I was going through. Wish I would have kept a better attitude.

Anyways, the flushing lessened over the course of a few months and eventually completely went away. After maybe a year, I had no discomfort in my face at all. I underwent no treatment (not much was available 10+ years ago!). I did look into laser treatment, but my condition improved before going through with the treatment.

Just wanted to share my story here. Maybe someone will find it useful. It might be nice for some to know that facial flushing can go away on its own, after a few years, without treatment.

Hang in there and good luck, folks!

Default It worked.

I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabeties and gave up sugar and gluten and my rosacea is all but gone. Still drinking lots of coffee with no effect from it...

Default Raw coconut oil, topically

I apply it all over my face before going to bed. It's a solid, waxy substance from the jar. It melts in your fingers and on your face as you rub it in. In the morning all excess may have rubbed off. (You may want to wash your pillow-cases more frequently than you otherwise would do.) If it's still visible I'll wash my face then, otherwise I'll wash later. The particular brand I use is Lucy Bee and I get it from Sainsbury's, 6 for 300ml. (Last time I bought it. Knowing Sainsbury's, or as I call them, Stickemupbury's, it's probably gone up since then.) I'm sure other brands will do as well (I'm not a brand-pusher), but get the good, pure stuff, cold-pressed, organic. A jar should last you months. (It's marketed as a cooking product.) If you want more details, background, I'll be happy to supply. I know there is so much variation of response to particular treatments, but I hope at least somebody else might benefit as well. Persist with it for a week or two. You shouldn't have to give up whatever else you're doing. Good luck.

Smile After 13 weeks of treatment -- gone! :-)

Just posted in "If you beat rosacea ..." forum so won't re-post here!

Thumbs up

Hi i have had rosacea for 15 years and it is FINALLY clearing up! I have tried literally everything and found 2 major cures!

1. Earthbound Organics skincare based in UK has no chemicals in their products, after trying La Roche Posay, Avene, Dermalex etc you name it ive tried it!

2. Medical Medium doctor Anthony Williams books Life Changing Foods and his instagram page called MedicalMedium he recommends drinking 16oz celery juice in the mornings and describes the link between your gut and skin - amazing! His tips have literally cleared up my rosacea and i havent even changed my diet completely yet to a clean one as i cant resist choccies and pizza lol!

I am new at this forum. I have read your story carefully and understand your points. These all points will help me when I will get this treatment in future.

Default Cheap, Effective, 2 Week, Oral Treatment for skin and eye problems caused by Demodex

If your skin and/or eye problems are caused by demodex mites, this treatment may be a cure. The oral treatment worked for me after many years of being misdiagnosed by 4 different board certified dermatologists. The oral treatment kills the mites all over your body even in hard to reach glands. If you have ocular rosacea (aka blepharitis demodex) it is very important to get it treated before it damages your vision.

If your dermatologist did not test you for Demodex mites, you should ask them to do so. Demodex mites have been implicated in Rosacea, ocular rosacea, acne, blepharitis demodex, etc.

The combined Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole treatment has worked for me. The report on this treatment was published in the International Journal of Infectious disease in 2013. Treatment takes 2 weeks using Oral Ivermectin and Oral Metronidazole. Insurance copay was just $13.03 (Uninsured retail about $52 USD.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X

The 2013 study compares using Oral Ivermectin vs. Oral Ivermectin + Oral Metronidazole to treat 4 different skin conditions including rosacea, acne, blepharitis demodex (ocular rosacea) etc.
    Results of scientific study on 120 people with confirmed Demodex mites:

Remission: 71.6% of people in the study with the oral Ivermectin+ oral Metronidazole treatment went into remission vs. 45% on just oral Ivermectin.
    Marked improvement: 26.7% (Oral Iver.+ Oral Metro.) vs. 33% (Oral Iver. only).
    No Improvement: 1.7% (Oral Iver.+ Oral Metro.) vs. 21.7% (Oral Iver. only)

Using the more effective 2 drug combined treatment (from paper) based on body weight for the oral Ivermectin:
    1. Two doses of oral Ivermectin one week apart. Each weekly dose is 200 micrograms Ivermectin per kilogram of body weight. Worked out to 12 mg per dose for me. Take on an empty stomach with a large glass of water.
    2. Oral Metronidazole, 250 mg. three times a day for two weeks. Do not drink alcohol while taking oral Metronidazole and for 72 hours after taking the last tablet.

As always, it is best to discuss this treatment with your doctor. These are prescription drugs. My family doctor was most helpful.

I had demodicosis (or Rosacea Type II same root cause) caused by demodex mites. Onset at age 11.5 after a severe bout of German Measles and possibly the flu. Immune system was at rock bottom allowing the mites to become infested in spite of good hygiene. It got worse with every bout of the flu after that. It started with large blackheads, advanced into pustules, body acne and irritated red eyes. I never had the redness typically associated with Rosacea but I do have the broken capillaries (telangectasias).

After being misdiagnosed with “allergic conjunctivitis” and acne vulgaris (bacterial origin) for 51 years, it advanced into blepharitis demodex (ocular rosacea) – painfully gritty, dry eyes with eyelashes falling out, etc. Over the years, 4 board certified dermatologists prescribed about 8 different antibiotics, Retin- A, Micro-Retin A, benzoyl peroxide, etc. None of the expensive treatment worked. They never checked for demodex mites.

Demodicosis/Rosacea Type II can be confused for “Hormonal acne” due to the fact that the mites live 2-3 weeks and may indeed be tuned in to the hormonal cycles of the body. The mites eat oil. When your hormones are causing more oil to be generated, there is more for the mites to eat. Any drug or diet change that levels out or reduces the oil in your skin can temporarily control the mites by controlling their food source. In other studies, the topical version of Metronidazol has not been found to be effective but the oral version is. Oral Metronidazol is believed to work indirectly by changing something the mites are consuming or changing the environment so that they die. Some papers report successful treatment with just the oral metronidazole.

I'm at the 5.5 months post treatment mark. My skin is clear. My eyes are clear, no longer red, no longer losing multiple eye lashes near daily, no longer painfully dry, and are now working to make the oily tear film. I've been able to stop using Cliradex wipes.
    Still washing face and eyes with 1% Tea Tree oil face wash (Tranquil Eyes by Eye Eco) followed by spraying with the Hypochlorous Acid Eyelid and Eyelash Spray by Heyedrate nightly as a precaution to fight off future mite re-infestation. I am now taking a Lutein (10 mg) + Zeaxanthin (2 mg) supplement along with my Omega 3 supplements. These supplements have improved my Meibomian Glands function possibly by reducing lid inflammation.

I've also had 3 IPL treatments to repair broken capillaries and 2 Aqua Facials to clear congested pores. Both helped. My Aqua Facial technician did say that they had to be careful in doing Aqua Facials too close together for their rosacea patients. So far the Aqua Facials have helped and shown no signs of damage for me. My technician has me using Epionce Lytic TX to help clear the pores. The Lytic is followed 5-7 minutes later by the Epionce Renewal Lite Moisturizer to moisturize and normalize the oiliness in the pores. This treatment is working incredibly well to clear up years of damage. The Lytic TX contains 2% Salycylic Acid and moisturizers. A lighter version of Lytic is available for more sensitive skin.

Heat compresses have also been helpful for the eye Meibomian Glands - when I remember to do them. I'm using the Thermalon Dry Eye Moist Heat Compress - microwaveable heat compress from Walgreens and elsewhere.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 25th July 2018 at 09:01 PM. Reason: correct spelling