Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal success stories

I read and skimmed through all the posts for success stories and not one person mentioned the ZZ Cream...am I wasting my time on this route?! It's painful enough, but knowing that it probably won't even help is VERY discouraging.

A little bit of background:

My diet is perfect. No carbs, processed foods, refined sugars, etc. No meat. Fish only. Vitamins and now the ZZ cream. I was diagnosed approximately 2 years ago, was given Loicoid cream (corticosteroid) and immediately got addicted since it kept my face 100% clear for the last year and 9 months. Now I am off it and my face is the worst it has ever been in my life. I tried the ZZ cream because I read about the mites and my gut has been telling me it is that. I have low immune system, am vitamin D deficient, have all the symptoms of the mites (worse at night, itchy, etc) and my rosacea diagnosis coincides in the same month I got my puppy and I let him sleep in the bed and snuggle my face on him (not anymore). Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cristina

Ive come to the conclusion that god or whoever is in control of this mad world got bored one day and decided to come up with skin diseases such as rosacea.

Hi landsdude,

Rosacea presented itself slowly and increased gradually only onn the face. I had papules and general background redness with flushing episodes. I have a greasy kind of skin.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lansdude View Post
    Hi davlopest,

Really interested in your story, as it seems similar to mine. 30 y/o male here, don't exercise regularly anymore. Drink somewhat regularly, have a generally undisciplined diet unless I really focus, which isn't often.

I've always had spells of gas but I've never really pursued it with my GP and reflecting on it it seems that whenever my diet was optimal my skin was much better, even before rosacea showed up - dryness, acne, etc. I've experimented with diet a little bit but I've been nowhere near as methodical as I should have been because results have never been that encouraging after a couple days.

A couple years ago, partly due to the rosacea and some other factors, I hit a particularly deep trough in my depression and slept probably half my time away over the course of five days. During that period I hardly ate anything; I didn't have the appetite. By day three/four I noticed that when I left the shower, my face didn't feel hot. It was still fairly blotchy, but I didn't feel like I was experiencing any flushing. By day five my face was noticeably pale - paler probably than it had been in the three or so years since rosacea first showed up. Through those days all I consumed were some almonds and orange juice from a carton/bottle orange juice, so certainly not enough calories.

Some friends coaxed me out to go on a short road trip and I felt it would be a psychologically healthy thing to do so I went. We stopped for pizza. Again I didn't feel any flushing when I usually would. We went to a bar and had a few pints. I went to the bathroom, my face was pale. These things were usually surefire triggers for me. I went to sleep and woke up, it seemed, with the colour of my old face or close to it, which is practically bone white. As the day wore on and I started eating regularly again because my appetite had returned, the redness started coming back and in a few days I was back at square one.

Whatever I had done within those days cleared the rosacea and bought me a day or so of freedom from my triggers. I couldn't figure out if it was 1) a lack of exertion, 2) a lack of the wrong kinds of food, 3) a lack of food altogether. I am not overweight and if I get slightly chubby, with a few days of light eating, my body burns it off at lightspeed. So I considered that it might have just been that for whatever reason relating to a lack of nourishment, it couldn't spare the blood flow. It was difficult to tell, and part of me was afraid of pursuing the idea because I didn't want it to lead to a dead end. I left it there and reassured myself that if I really, really wanted to look like the guy from Twilight I just wouldn't eat for a while.

Just recently, I stumbled across this book: I Am 100% Rosacea Free by Den Loren. Easy to find on Google. In it, she advocates an extremely strict juice diet to cleanse the body of toxins for two weeks, followed by a slightly less rigid protocol for another two weeks, which she got from a homeopathic doctor and says cured her of all her rosacea symptoms.

Since my experience with my orange juice "diet" seemed to chime with this, and my hunch about the link between my digestive health and skin did as well, I bought the e-book (cheap) and followed her plan. (I was doubly optimistic because the woman clearly experienced this and wasn't shilling for a particular product or regime that you had to go out and order on top of the book.) The doctor/her theory is that over the years, the digestive system becomes clogged with toxins - especially and most importantly the liver - and the body takes additional steps to remove them from the system. So rosacea is supposed to be a symptom of a congested, toxic liver, which occurs when the body is trying to excrete toxins that the liver cannot process.

The diet involved various fruit and vegetable juices - I won't bother with the details. But imagine my disappointment when I flared up as usual after the citrus drink in the plan (and even the beet juice). Seemed to help with my persistent moderate acne though. I came to the conclusion that my previous experience had nothing to do with orange juice, but with the overall lack of consumption altogether, and I surrendered the liver theory.

But now your story makes me rethink the diet/rosacea link, because you've had the same treatments with the same results, and have had a clearance with an alteration of diet. I'm thinking of trying the juice diet again, but just with orange juice this time. Minus the lime, lemon, grapefruit, etc. to see if I can replicate what happened before.

So I'm curious, since the root cause of your rosacea was ultimately your diet, how did your rosacea present itself? Was it full face, like mine? Papules and pustules? Persistent background redness or fleeting erythema with flushing episodes? Any other skin problems? Hopefully you're still around or this will send an alert to your inbox.

Cheers

Default Acne rosacea and how i beat it

hi guys, im a 30 year old man and have had rosacea for around 6 years and its now acne rosacea and has got graually worse over the last few year, its still mild to moderate but has been causing me all sorts of problems, ive tried creams gels, IPL, different moisturisers and it really doesnt matter what you try it will work for a short time maybe and then redness will come back. through the summer i dont see much redness as i tan easily and the sun clears the redness up mainly but in winter it goes worse.

This winter i decided to do something about it, i read various books about Diet and things which may cause me problems, i looks at what i ate and drank and i discovered that this was the problem. Id happily go to mcdonalds and have a large coke and burgers and fries, pizzas, lots of red meat, cheese, sugary sweets, its no good these things all upset my body and the redness comes out and worsens. I had a feeling my face didnt like dairy after having cereal in the morning it would feel fuzzy and ithcy and it was the same 2 weeks ago on holiday when i had a cheese toastie my face was itchy and the next day the redness was in full flight at the top of my cheeks. when i returned home i didn something about my diet and i can honestly say in nearly 2 weeks my skin is clear and my confidence is back and i feel like a different person, heres what i eat, bare in mind its only 2 weeks so havent changed much what ive been eating so need to vary my diet now:

Breakfast: boiled eggs

Lunch: salmon pieces either from the supermarket and cooked myself, chicken pieces or drumsticks, homemade veg soup

dinner: homemade soup, chicken or fish

i drink water maybe 2 litres a day

i also take Liquid zinc twice a day

1 capsule of tumeric

3 spoonfuls of flaxseed oil

that is simply it and my skin cleared within a week, i watched every day when i woke up it getting better and healing, i was at my wits end not wanting to go out or do things or look people in the eye, now in 2 weeks my face has all cleared up, no flushing itchiness, nothing!

if you want to ask me any questions ask away okeydokey22uk@yahoo.co.uk

Default Diet is VERY important

Hi guys, been awhile since I've visited this forum however I keep a subscription to this thread so receive new postings and a reoccurring theme of success I see is based on diet so I wanted to add my support for this. Like most I have had great success cleaning up my diet.

For anyone suffering rosacea or acne I STRONGLY recommend removing all dairy from your diet.
    I suffered from acne for years from age ~16 to 43 both on my face, chest and back.
    About 4 years ago I did extensive research to find a solution and among finding this fantastic forum found a lot of information that pointed to people having allergies to dairy without knowing it so I cut out all dairy. But be patient - wait for at least 4 weeks to see results.
    Its not that hard to cut out diary these days as there are many replacements. I buy long life rice & soya milks (which are located on the shelf NOT in the cold section of supermarkets) however I have now started to have skinny milk in my morning coffee without any adverse affects.

NOTE: I started drinking Whey protein (dairy) drinks after gym workouts a few months ago and saw a gradual return of acne to my face and chest so discontinued. For anyone wanting post gym protein try rice protein. I used to drink soya protein but am a little concerned about too much soya in my diet as there is some suggestion that it may not be the best health wise or for muscle growth.

Also be mindful of high GI & sugar foods like white bread, chocolate, sodas - I avoid these most of the time.
    I found the book "CLEAR SKIN DIET" a great read and supports my own personal finding with scientific studies.
    Thanks everyone for your time and effort creating and maintaining this forum - you have helped me immensely and am sure many others.
    Regards
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by letsbeatrosacea View Post
    I'm writing this because I was able to get rid of my rosacea two years ago and I am hoping that my story may help others as well.
    I had Rosacea for almost two years that started as a small bump/redness one of my cheeks. It slowly grew bigger until it covered most of my cheek and then it started on the other side of my face as well. I used to have really good skin (no acne etc.) before this so getting redness and bump all over both my cheeks was really upsetting. Early on (maybe 6 months into it) I went to the doctor and she said it was rosacea and she prescribed Metrogel. For me Metrogel just made it worse, so I stopped it pretty soon.
    From then on I went to a dermatologist that also was of no help. So then I started research online about the best dermatologist in my area. Also I started reading online everything I could come across about rosacea. I was obsessed about reading and went through tons of posts mostly on this forum.
    At the time I was also struggling with lethargy, bad indigestion, constipation, sometimes bloating so much I looked like I was 7 months pregnant.
    At the time I had a few gut feelings about my rosacea:
    1. The problem is visilbe on my skin but the cause of it comes from somewhere else.
    2. Something is not right with my health and if I don't figure it out I will get other issues too.
    3. The solution/treatment cannot be too complicated.
    To make a long story short, one day I read post here about research using Probiotics to get rid of rosacea. And on the same day I came across this lecture on PBS (you know those that they want you to buy something to support the channel) and it was this woman talking about probiotics and how it can help lots of conditions. I thought this was the universe giving me a sign. She was very convincing and also she outlined how to buy good probiotics (time released, as many strands as possible, and many billions etc.) She also had her own brand which of course she said was the best. So that is what I decided to buy. The brand was Renew Life.
    I forgot the details but I remember what struck me was the link to antibiotics use. I looked back and realized that my Rosacea has started a few months after I had been on two heavy duty courses of antibiotics, the first one when I got an infection during the 37 hour long birth of my daughter and the second one 4 months later during breast feeding when I got Mastitis. So I figured that the friendly bacteria in my gut most have become missing in action during all of that.
    The end of the story is that within one month of taking these probiotics my Rosacea was 75% better and within two months it was gone. When I went to visit my mother (who lives in a different country) she cried when she saw that my skin looked fine again. I guess my Rosacea had bothered her too.
    For full disclosure I will say that at the same time I was taking cloves pills, garlic pills, using zz cream (that I ordered from China) and Murad Redness Therapy Correcting Moisturizer SPF 15. So any of those may have been helping too but my sense is that it was the Probiotic that did it. I had used the zz cream for a little while and I felt it worked a little at least it gave me some temporarily improvement.
    For covering up the Rosacea with make-up I had great luck with a green Smashbox primer.
    Now 2 years later my skin is very good. The only change in my skin after Rosacea is that my pores are larger (I used to have no visible pores) and there is still a little (not much) redness that seems kind of permanent. I may at some point look into treatments (lasers etc.) to treat that but for the time being it does not really bother me much.
    With my best wishes I hope my story and using probiotics can help some of you. I know how frustrating Rosacea is. If by any chance this helps some of you I would love to hear about it. I don’t frequent this forum much anymore but may check in again once in a while. I also want to thank this forum for its existence because it is what led me towards finding MY solution.
    H

Hi

Happy to hear that you are cured... could I ask did you take the 50 billion version or the Adult dose of 15 Billion?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by davlopest View Post
    Hi landsdude,

Rosacea presented itself slowly and increased gradually only onn the face. I had papules and general background redness with flushing episodes. I have a greasy kind of skin.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
    Sounds like mine, thanks for that! Will be seeing a gastroenterologist to test for allergies/digestive irregularities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosacea_sucks View Post
    I read and skimmed through all the posts for success stories and not one person mentioned the ZZ Cream...am I wasting my time on this route?! It's painful enough, but knowing that it probably won't even help is VERY discouraging.

A little bit of background:

My diet is perfect. No carbs, processed foods, refined sugars, etc. No meat. Fish only. Vitamins and now the ZZ cream. I was diagnosed approximately 2 years ago, was given Loicoid cream (corticosteroid) and immediately got addicted since it kept my face 100% clear for the last year and 9 months. Now I am off it and my face is the worst it has ever been in my life. I tried the ZZ cream because I read about the mites and my gut has been telling me it is that. I have low immune system, am vitamin D deficient, have all the symptoms of the mites (worse at night, itchy, etc) and my rosacea diagnosis coincides in the same month I got my puppy and I let him sleep in the bed and snuggle my face on him (not anymore). Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cristina

yeah no creams work the problems stems from your digestive system and/or liver mainley,,,,

This user has been banned from this forum

Default ear rosacea

I had ear rosacea and the doctor said it is the worst kind with poor treatment. Once inflamed and burning, metrogel does not work and the ear need to be stabilized to get metrogel benefits.
    No prescription helped since the ear was too inflamed and swollen. I used to spray cold water on it, and it drops off my ear real warm, that is how hot my ears were. For 2 years, no medication helped, thousands of dollars spent, lots of research, 2 years off work, lots of pain, etc. After being from bad to worst, I was facing a major crisis until a breakthrough due to mainly luck happened. I think I am super expert on ear rosacea, feel free to ask. I came back from the brink. Here some tips:

1-smoking and oil frying odors is super bad for ear rosacea.

2-soap is super bad for ear and regular rosacea. Best cleaning I found was either warm/fairly hot water on a cloth for wiping or being in a fairly hot bath and keep gently cleaning with the cloth soaked with hot water, or/with alpha 4 cleaner.

3-sun exposure bad to ear. Once ear stabilized, brief exposure may be ok. Little body exposure is good from time to time.

4-ear too raw that lots of things could create alergy. Avoid contact with any suspects, like even plastic glasses holders on the ears.

Will continue later with very effective solutions.

Default Finacea and Desitin

Hi there. I wanted to write and share my story because I have spent countless hours scouring this website and have benefited greatly from the fact that many people have taken the time to share.

I'm 50 years old and I developed rosacea approximately two years ago; presumably as a result of the onset of menopause. I was diagnosed with acne rosacea and it wasn't too bad initially, however, approximately six months ago it started getting really bad. On top of being prone to flushing, I also have a very stressful job. I Eat a pretty healthy diet and have for many years however I just couldn't figure out exactly what the triggers were. It seems like everything was a trigger and I just couldn't bear the thought of reducing my diet to the point where I couldn't eat anything... I was freaking out and I was starting to feel a bit like a crazy person – worrying all the time about everything I was eating, etc.

I was given a prescription for MetroGel and had used that with very little noticeable results. I was then given a prescription for doxycycline which I stopped taking after five weeks because my skin was getting progressively worse. I was really freaking out! After spending countless hours on this website I came across someone who mentioned Desitin ointment (the baby rash cream). At the same time my dermatologist prescribed me Finacea.

Around Thanksgiving I started using the Finacea and the Desitin ointment and I noticed results almost right away. Initially I thought the Finacea was going to burn my face-off – it hurt like hell (note: this burning dissipated significantly after a few days). The next morning however I would notice that my face looked a lot better. I also noticed that putting the Desitin ointment on after the Finacea helped with the burning sensation quite a bit. The Desitin ointment isn't pretty! but it really does work for me. I also use MetroGel with the Finacea because I saw on this site that other people's dermatologist had prescribed both of them together.

My face now looks better than it has in a couple of years! My skin is actually smooth and looks really healthy. It's kind of unbelievable given what I've gone through in the past couple years and especially in the past six months. I didn't even think that this was possible. I still am very careful about what I eat – I've cut back on sugar significantly, I've pretty much stopped eating tomatoes (since I've noticed that they really do have a bad effect on my skin), I limit my alcohol intake, and I try to eat lots of fruits and Vegetables – but I can actually go a little crazy sometimes and my face doesn't look terrible afterwards!

I know we all have different triggers and different things help but, since I've benefited so much from this forum, I wanted to share what has worked for me in the hopes that it might help someone else.

Here's a summary of my routine:

1. Eat as healthfully as possible – limit sugar intake, limit alcohol intake and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

2. I use Cetaphil for sensitive skin as a cleanser. I also have used Selsun blue on my chest once a day (another strange but effective tip i got from this site) since that has been a little bit harder to get to clear up.

3. After cleansing, I apply the MetroGel and let that dry then I apply the Finacea and let that dry and then I use jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

4. At night I follow the jojoba oil with the Desitin ointment. I have been doing it every night for over a month but, now that my skin is looking so good, I anticipate backing off and only having to use the Desitin as needed. Like I said, it's not so sexy to have white zinc oxide all over your face and chest but, hey, I was desperate!

Best of luck to everyone. I know how emotionally difficult this condition can be and I hope very much that this helps someone.