Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my rosacea is gone? what? really?

Smile my rosacea is gone? what? really?

After all my life, since a teenager, my rosacea I have suffered from seems to be gone.

I was on ORACEA for years but stopped a while ago and im expecting the rosacea to return but it has not.

Here is a list of the possible things as these are the only differences:
    Im in menopause now (maybe it was related to hormones??)
    I don't eat eggs anymore.
    I use tea tree oil face wash and leave it one for minutes every morning. ...then cetaphil after.

I haven't been on this site in years but I posted before. Im still on anti allergy diet as I am allergic to many things so I avoid red meat and now eggs too, and gluten, and carbohydrates.

I spent many years being depressed over this disease. I stopped sailing to avoid the sun and wind, for example. I avoided parties.

The only other possibility is that my body is fighting some disease I am not aware of so rosacea has taken a back seat. Guess I will know soon enough. I am pretty tired lately.

The tea tree oil, I have a feeling this could be it. However it works. Killing little bugs or what ever. It used to feel like my skin was crawling and itchy. I sort of get that feeling now but nothing like I used to.

Good luck.

It sounds like it was gut inflammation causing your redness. I've changed my diet and cut back on certain things. Salt, sugar and white flour are mostly out for me, as it pizza and junk food.

I've improved no end and continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Passagewest1 View Post
    After all my life, since a teenager, my rosacea I have suffered from seems to be gone.

I was on ORACEA for years but stopped a while ago and im expecting the rosacea to return but it has not.

Here is a list of the possible things as these are the only differences:
    Im in menopause now (maybe it was related to hormones??)
    I don't eat eggs anymore.
    I use tea tree oil face wash and leave it one for minutes every morning. ...then cetaphil after.

I haven't been on this site in years but I posted before. Im still on anti allergy diet as I am allergic to many things so I avoid red meat and now eggs too, and gluten, and carbohydrates.

I spent many years being depressed over this disease. I stopped sailing to avoid the sun and wind, for example. I avoided parties.

The only other possibility is that my body is fighting some disease I am not aware of so rosacea has taken a back seat. Guess I will know soon enough. I am pretty tired lately.

The tea tree oil, I have a feeling this could be it. However it works. Killing little bugs or what ever. It used to feel like my skin was crawling and itchy. I sort of get that feeling now but nothing like I used to.

Good luck.
    So happy for you!
    What tea tree oil face wash do you use?
    How is your rosacea? P&p, redness, burning...?

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    It sounds like it was gut inflammation causing your redness. I've changed my diet and cut back on certain things. Salt, sugar and white flour are mostly out for me, as it pizza and junk food.

I've improved no end and continue to do so.
    Darren, how long until you saw a change in your skin after changing your diet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3jun View Post
    So happy for you!
    What tea tree oil face wash do you use?
    How is your rosacea? P&p, redness, burning...?
    I had redness and those dreaded P&P like 4-6 every morning new ones.

I use the oil from the "Body Shop" here in Canada. I told someone else about it as well and it is working for him too. They have facial wash, scrubs... with the tea tree oil in it. for obvious reasons I just stick to the oil facial wash. you have to leave it on for a few minutes. when you first start to use it, add lots of water as my skin was irritated and I almost stopped, but I think the initial irritation was the mites being killed off or something. Good luck. Oh, it also reduces the oil, as oil dissolves oil, so to speak.
    Last edited by Passagewest1; 21st July 2018 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Darren, how long until you saw a change in your skin after changing your diet?

Right away

First time I hear the term Gut Rosacea but man it makes sense. Yes, I totally avoid sugar and carbohydrate. I look twenty years younger as a result so it is not all bad. Gut Rosacea must be like leaky gut... I think you basically have to keep the bad yeast down in your intestines. So I eat onions, ginger, garlic, licorice, all these knock down the yeast. I knew this years before ever reading about it. Just by trial and error. It has been a long road, im 52 now. I remember cutting out sugar in my tea at 9 years of age, it was hurting me then. No one else in my family has rosacea. But my parents are from Europe scandanavian descent so go figure.
    Don't get upset thinking you cant eat stuff, just get creative with what you can.
    Feel lucky that on our diet you cant get fat.
    I still will eat some carbs from time to time and chocolate, I just eat a bit.
    many meals a day is so much better than 3. I nibble all day long. it keeps the rosacea down.

Quote Originally Posted by Passagewest1 View Post
    Right away

First time I hear the term Gut Rosacea but man it makes sense. Yes, I totally avoid sugar and carbohydrate. I look twenty years younger as a result so it is not all bad. Gut Rosacea must be like leaky gut... I think you basically have to keep the bad yeast down in your intestines. So I eat onions, ginger, garlic, licorice, all these knock down the yeast. I knew this years before ever reading about it. Just by trial and error. It has been a long road, im 52 now. I remember cutting out sugar in my tea at 9 years of age, it was hurting me then. No one else in my family has rosacea. But my parents are from Europe scandanavian descent so go figure.
    Don't get upset thinking you cant eat stuff, just get creative with what you can.
    Feel lucky that on our diet you cant get fat.
    I still will eat some carbs from time to time and chocolate, I just eat a bit.
    many meals a day is so much better than 3. I nibble all day long. it keeps the rosacea down.
    The RRDi calls it Gastrointestinal Rosacea [GR], aka Gut Rosacea, a rosacea variant.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I tend to agree with the above comments with regards to the improvement of rosacea after changing the diet.

I've been changing my food choices over many years, however, including cutting back on alcohol.

When I go grocery shopping, I make specific choices such as brown rice instead of white, wholemeal bread over white flour bread, etc. I read the packaging for nutritional information and research what veggies are best for me.

I've also indentified certain veg which trigger flushing and so avoid those. It's a battle I fight on many fronts - not just diet.

Are we talking right away...like, a week/month/few months.

My rosacea came on overnight 6 years ago, so thinking it must have been an environmental or immune response from something.

I am trying a new diet, so a timeline would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Are we talking right away...like, a week/month/few months.

My rosacea came on overnight 6 years ago, so thinking it must have been an environmental or immune response from something.

I am trying a new diet, so a timeline would be really helpful.

Thanks,
    Seb

Put it this way, I used to flush almost every day after my evening meal. Once I started changing my diet and eating smaller portions I wasn't flushing nearly as much. General redness during the day is down too.