10 33.33%
  • no change

3 10.00%
  • It made it worse

2 6.67%
  • I haven't used it

15 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has low level light therapy worked for you?

Default Has low level light therapy worked for you?

It sounds interesting is red, blue, or both of them together better?

I use the red light as the infrared light I was using a bit too warm for me.
    I find it helps raise my threshold to flushing and burning.

Red light works very well for me. Infra red slightly better still (Though my IR units are broken and I haven't been bothered to replace them. Using red now)

Less residual redness. Less flushing and inflammation. Improved skin tone.

Blue may help acne but not likely to help rosacea. Red, certainly, and perhaps infra red and maybe yellow and green are better bets.

I had about 10 sessions of RLT in a doctor's office. The first session showed much promise, but thereafter, each session only served to increased my flushing. This was accompanied by terrible pressure in my face. A problem I developed over time anyway, but which was definitely exacerbated by RLT.
    It would wear off after about 5 days, but this only brought me back to where I was previously.

Once I started taking Lymphodran Plus, which contains quercetin, I found these post treatment reactions weren't anywhere near as bad and in fact, I felt somewhat improved.
    RLT increases ATP levels, ( among other biological effects), while quercetin inhibits this pathway. In the end I wondered if I was simply cancelling out beneficial effects and in fact, I might further improve if I discontinued RLT? That is the route I have taken for a couple of months now.

I did gain some textural improvements from RLT and would have liked to continue due to these alone.

Incidentally, C0q10 has the same effect on me as RLT. It doesn't produce side effects initially, but given a few doses, the pressure revs up pretty quickly. C0q10 also increases ATP levels.
    I guess one can cautiously assume, that if RLT therapy works for them, C0q10, might also be beneficial.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: Niacinamide, Vit K2, low D3, Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Very low dose B's. Low dose zinc (to correct deficiency).
    Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Default rlt

I have been using it for about 4 months. At first it did nothing except make my redness clear for about a minute. Now It akes me red after use. Will probably discontinue soon
    Arlene

LED therapy has been hands down the best thing I have found to treat my rosacea, I am very pleased with the results and I have been at it for 4 months or so. I built a 650 dioded device and use it 15-20 minutes/day. I think my rosacea stems from a vascular condition and the LLLT seems to strengthen the capillaries and generate new and healthy ones, which in turn must somehow discard the old weak and broken capilarries. I still flush sometimes but it's amazing how quickly I return to a normal shade. It's like the new healthy capillaries won't break, I recommend LED therapy as a great treatment based upon my own personal experience.

The poll doesn't seem to have enough options. There's nothing between "really well!" and "no change." Surely some might experience "mild improvement."

I have only been using RLT for a few weeks but so far the results are "promising." So much so that after using my handheld red/NIR device for a week or two, I splurged and bought a Brightbox Revive full face unit.

I use DPL infrared/visible light therapy successfully and it has helped all aspects of my condition;

• reduces swelling/inflammation
    • decreases my flushing and flaring duration
    • decreases skin sensitivity and burning
    • helps maintain improvement from laser therapy
    • assists with skin hydration
    • decreases ocular lid inflammation (do with eyes closed)

I also have experienced very few P&P's since beginning LED and laser, which were a symptom early on in my rosacea. However, I am primarily a flusher.

It's not something with which you notice instant results. The changes are gradual and subtle. For i.e.-a flush from flaring from cold goes down faster. A product which would have otherwise caused marked irritation will be noticably reduced.

I have gone long long periods on several occasions without doing my LED...weeks, months, even a year and I have consistently noted a decline in my condition during those periods. LED is not a panacea though, so must be combined w/other forms of therapy (gentle skin care, diet, supplements, laser etc) to make the most improvement.

I'd equate it's effectiveness with the anti-inflammatory benefits of a strong anti-biotic or clondine which I have also taken, if not more over the long term.

A note about DPL is it does not have very densely populated LED's, so I think a unit with more would probably give me even better results.
    Last edited by banshee; 16th November 2009 at 04:13 AM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."

banshee,

could you elaborate on the times when you went without RLT. you say your conditioned declined, was it specifict aspects of your rosacea (ie flushing triggers) or your overall condition? also, could you share your current RLT regiment?

my rosacea has responded very well to RLT but i am considering doing some extended travelling which might mean temporarily stopping RLT so i am just curious to know more about your experience, or anyone else can chime in if they have experience temporarily stopping as well. thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by chris311 View Post
    banshee,

could you elaborate on the times when you went without RLT. you say your conditioned declined, was it specifict aspects of your rosacea (ie flushing triggers) or your overall condition? also, could you share your current RLT regiment?

my rosacea has responded very well to RLT but i am considering doing some extended travelling which might mean temporarily stopping RLT so i am just curious to know more about your experience, or anyone else can chime in if they have experience temporarily stopping as well. thanks for your input!
    Well, it was all across the board...So my skin sensitivity, flushing etc increased cumulatively the longer I went w/o it. Most notably when I barely did it for a year and I hadn't changed the # of laser treatments I get annually.

I have subtype I as well as ocular, and my case before I began laser/LED was quite severe and debilitating. Deep seeded burning pain, intense hot flushing, and extreme skin hyper hypersensitivity (not being redundant there).

If you're going on vacation-a week or two of skipping is totally fine, I always do that for 2 weeks after a laser treatment. But it's always more helpful to have it w/you if you can.

I can still overheat if I push myself too hard or in the right conditions get real warm (i.e. walking around on a very warm day in direct sunlight or indoor heat cranked up), but even that's curbed somewhat by mineral makeup which helps cool me down a bit. My skin will always be hypersensitive, but burning is a rare occurrence as long as I don't overdo skin care, and flares don't last nearly as long. I am able to tolerate exercise again, even running, and eat many foods I could not.

I used to be able to feel my Rosacea all day long, I'm glad to say that I feel and look fine most of the time. However, I am by no means, symptom free...

I currently do about 27 min (the DPL goes in 9min cycles so I turn to 3 different angles to cover everything).

HTH-
    Kristen
    Last edited by banshee; 16th November 2009 at 07:25 PM.
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."