Thread: Hope for rosacea: Cytokinin treatment offers patients a new therapeutic option

Default Hope for rosacea: Cytokinin treatment offers patients a new therapeutic option

Hope for rosacea: Cytokinin treatment offers patients a new therapeutic option
    http://dermatologytimes.modernmedici.../599886?ref=25

How many times can they release this same study to the press?

I do like that last line though -
    Dr. Nestor reports no relevant financial interests

yet he also presented the original Pyratine-6 back in Feb 2008
    I guess he must like working for free
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 3rd June 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by man_from_mars View Post
    How many times can they release this same study to the press?

I do like that last line though -
    Dr. Nestor reports no relevant financial interests

yet he also presented the original Pyratine-6 back in Feb 2008
    I guess he must like working for free

It is a recession after all

Geez....not this stuff AGAIN! Sorry but it doesn't work.....we need REAL tx's....like Sanrosa.
    Dx 1998

Default Thought I'd try it

Hello
    I thought I'd give this new topical a chance. I realize that a lot of people think it's too expensive (yes, it is) and that it won't work but I wanted to try it anyway. I am so tired of the texture of my skin. The quercetin/bromelain that I am taking helps my swelling, but my skin's texture isn't so great. The pores on my nose are quite enlarged-not pretty. I have used a red light for my skin texture and that has helped, but the RLT makes my nose and cheek swelling worse so I am in a bind. Someone else on this forum with similar symptoms to mine had good luck with the older version of Pyratine and I always had it in the back of my mind to try it. Also, I read somewhere on the forum that a member's sister went to a derm convention and visited the Pyratine XR booth. The women at the booth said that the only way the derm could get free samples is if she had her patients take a series of photos for the first six months of use. The member was suspicious of this (rightly so) because it indicates that the company was trying to save money by using this type of "research" rather than controlled studies. On the other hand, I kind of thought that it was encouraging that they wanted photos taken...doesn't that sort of indicate that it might work? I don't know, but thought I'd try it nonetheless. I am kind of desperate to do something about the texture of my skin. I'll post my observations on another thread.
    Regards
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Pyratine XR working for me

Hi all
    Just a quick note to say I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting from the Pyratine XR. My skin texture, visible veins, and blotchiness have improved. I really like it. I am kind of a cheapskate but from now on I will be getting this product. I am very grateful to the person who started this thread. Thank you so much! My skin looks very good. It is also helping my wrinkles.
    Queta
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

How has it helped texture-wise Queta? Could you describe this aspect a little more.

Default Pyratine XR and texture

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediumDog View Post
    How has it helped texture-wise Queta? Could you describe this aspect a little more.
    Hi
    By texture I mean enlarged pores and small bumps. I don't really have full-blown papules but I would get little red spots on my skin. These have improved. The enlarged pores means that when I looked at myself in the mirror at close range I could see all the little pores in my face. Women usually don't have such visible pores, but I did. The Pyratine XR, for whatever reason, is helping this. My skin looks smoother and more feminine. It's more like baby's butt skin than old man skin. I hope this helps!
    Regards
    Queta
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default It works

I have been using pyratine xr for about 2 months with good results. I first noticed skin smoothing then it took about 4 weeks to notice redness lessening. From what I can tell it can be used long term. I am so frustrated with the stuff that we are sold that does not work. I have used laser many times in the past and recently have not been able to afford a monthly ot every third month therapy. I had been told that the pyratine xr would help maintina then improve results in between laser.
    The product does not fire me up either. Most anything i put on my face stings or burns.