Thread: New to this - anyone have my symptoms?

Default New to this - anyone have my symptoms?

My dr. and derm think I may have rosacea or seb derm they are not sure. I never had any skin problems in my life until after I had a nasty strep infection in my ears in feb followed by an op. After that I noticed tiny bumpy pimples under the skin around the ears and hairline, after a while they spread over my face. A month later, they are itching too. Sometimes my eyes feel itchy and dry too. I seem to fit the sympoms of a couple of things? Derm prescribed daktacort and said if it doesnt work try lymecycline. I hate the feel of the hc on my face so i have binned that. By reducing caffeine and sun exposure and following a basic skincare regime including teatree oil the spots have more or less gone but the itching and burning remains which really makes me focus on my face. As far as redness goes, not a major symptom. Has anyone else got what I have?

Hi and welcome to the forum

It is difficult to know from a description exactly what someone means. Topical teatree oil can cause redness and flushing so if you are still using that then perhaps it would be worth stopping for now.

The little bumps that are itchy sound like seb derm and again this can make you red and flushy, however this usually goes when you get it under control.

Could you post a photo that shows the area of skin we are talking about?

Best wishes

Sarah

i wondered if it was seb derm too (my derm seems not to know!) but seems like most people that have that talk about very dry flaky patches. my skin is naturally oily but now when i dry it it feels like my face has dandruff! what's the treatment for seb derm? is it a yeast thing that causes it? I take on board that tea tree is very strong (i do dilute it) however it is brilliant for spots and since i used it on my hairline and brows the itching has more or less gone.

It does sound more like seb derm-patches/bumps around the hairline and eyebrows, greasy skin but dry at the same time,etc

have a look at this thread for some ideas about treatment:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...ad.php?t=15978