Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My flushing is almost cured-Mepacrine

Thumbs up My flushing is almost cured-Mepacrine

Hey everyone I realize I have one post but this is not spam,you may have seen me on the acne.org forum

I am good freinds with lamarr

I dont wanna right alot as I am about to go to bed but everyday my flushing is getting better and better

I had severe flushing to where my hands almost turned purple/heart like crazy

My current derm wanted to send me to the best derms in canada at the top university because they could not understand why my tests kept coming back negative when clearly something was wrong

accutane has really ruined my life as I had no flushing before it and no redness

it gave me

Severe flushing (usually all throughout the day non stop)
    perm redness from the flushing/rosacea
    joint pain
    hand are messed up..used to go very dark red/purple kinda
    seb derm on top of that
    ocular rosacea
    among other things

Lamarr has helped me along the way when I was at my worst,he would talk to me on msn and my flushing would get so bad my heart went crazy and felt so overwhelmed with heat I usually walked outside to cope with it until i get to bed

I take a drug calling mepacrine (quinacrine) and yes I am in canada and you can't get it here but I get a compound made quinacrine (quinacrine is compounded/made in over 2000 pharmacies in america)

I took rameron for months and months before quinacrine and maybe a 10%-15% less flush i got which was hardly noticeable

Quinacrine is slowly giving me my life back,I was really discouraged when i started because it seemed to kick in for me in twice the amount of time it did for lamarr but it is slowly giving me my life back each week

I have been on it for a month

I still flush after sex but I am pretty sure thats gonna get better in time and lamarr told me it will clear the perm redness in time too

I recently got a yellow/red/infra red LED light therapy too from the ledman but I stopped using it when i started quinacrine because the LED can make you flush when you first adjust to it

Anyways just my story..a little bit of hope

Another point is,it was very hard for me to get a prescription,but I was so severe that my doctor thought its worth a shot

Hi Halfpipe

That's great that Mepacrine is helpingyou so dramatically and thanks for sharing your success story with us.

I know Lamarr has written about his success with Mepacrine as well and it is very hopeful that it has also helped shut down your flushing. I hope that this drug becomes easier to obtain so more people can try it.

Will you be continuing to take Mepacrine on a long term basis?

Best wishes for continued success and thanks again for posting.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa W View Post
    Hi Halfpipe

That's great that Mepacrine is helpingyou so dramatically and thanks for sharing your success story with us.

I know Lamarr has written about his success with Mepacrine as well and it is very hopeful that it has also helped shut down your flushing. I hope that this drug becomes easier to obtain so more people can try it.

Will you be continuing to take Mepacrine on a long term basis?

Best wishes for continued success and thanks again for posting.

Melissa
    Hi melissa

About using mepacrine for a long time,I would not rule it out,I am seeing a allergist soon so if a miracle happens (she finds something and can fix my problems) then I clearly wont need mepacrine

but alot of flushing sufferers I talked too said dont waste your time..while a couple said its worth a shot

and its not really hard to obtain

I see your from america,your local pharmacy could compound it very easily.

its compounded in 2,000 pharmacies in america (due to it being the best,and there being a demand for it),I read a article about it.
    Last edited by Halfpipe101; 31st May 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Hi Halfpipe,

Not sure what you mean about some people saying not to waste your time. Is that regarding the use of Mepacrine? Sorry, I am probably just being daft but if you could explain a bit.

Thanks
    Melissa

No not about the mepacrine lol

Alot of people say don't waste your time getting allergy tests while others said its worth a go.

And I edited my 2nd post speaking on ways of getting mepacrine in America/Canada.

Thanks much Halfpipe.
    That is very encouraging.
    I would love to try this drug but not sure my derm would go for it.
    If you did have any links to the articles you are talking about that would be useful.

As far as allergy testing I think it would be a good idea just to rule anything out. There is no harm in getting these tests done IMO and just more thorough a way to go.

Good luck!

Melissa

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=d...m=10&ct=result

specifically Page 18 further explains about the eye's

It shows/says that for one the drug quinacrine does not affect the eyes

its a common knowledge in rehmatologists lamarr said

I actually emailed my doctor this link,I kind of taught my doctor about flushing lol

Thanks halfpipe.
    I will give it a read.
    Much appreciated!

Melissa

Where is the section in this that specifically talks about it being used to stop flushing?
    Dx 1998

hey friend, I am in Canada too! I suffer terribly from rosacea and my flushing also became worse after Accutane.

How exactly did you get this medication and who is your doctor/derm? I searched a lot on this back when Lamarr posted and everywhere listed that is was "Not commercially available in the U.S. and Canada."

Feel free to please PM me

Thanks a lot and congrats on your success.
    Last edited by RedFaced; 31st May 2009 at 09:55 PM.