Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My flushing is almost cured-Mepacrine

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    No plans at the moment. I am sticking with dosing on the vitamin D3. I will see Dr Chu in July and discuss it with him then
    But if it worked for you, why not go back on it? Why try something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfpipe101 View Post
    Has anyone even tried to go to there doctor with this?

seriously atleast try,you have a 50/50 chance of getting it,if they are not sure in giving it to you,come back and tell us what they said (so we can provide what to say back)

thats what I did,I told lamar what my doctor said and lamar told me facts and what to say back and it worked along with my pleading
    We are just waiting for Lamar (he has been gracious enough to offer his assistnace with PubMed) to hopefully access the articels and post them or PM them to us so we can print them out and use them as supporting literature fro giving this medication a try. If we have a couple studies with us, mention Dr. Chu and his success with several patients then I think some of our Dr's may give it a serious consideration.
    Last edited by RedFaced; 21st June 2009 at 07:56 PM.

I hope Lamarr can post those pubmed articles.......and as far as what my doctor said when I asked....it's back a few posts....basically NO...bring in something to support it's use and then I'll read that and think about it....which is still most likely a NO......halfhpipe you happened to luck out and find a doctor to go along with your suggestions......most will not do this....even with supporting documents.....as it is not a common drug prescribed to tx rosacea.....we can all try and maybe a few might hit it lucky like you but most will get told NO.....heck I can't even get them to ok me for IPL or Diolite laser tx's at this derms office! No Clonidine no antiboitics NO NOTHING.....bascially a very fustrating experience.
    Dx 1998

^Lookout sounds like you need a new derm!

Quote Originally Posted by EK1 View Post
    But if it worked for you, why not go back on it? Why try something new?
    The side effects-i posted them back a while ago. In effect I turned quite yellow, lost some hair and ended up with lots of little bruises. Not saying it was definitly caused by the mepacrine (well the yellow most certainly was) but i had done nothing else new and the hair loss was fairly dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    The side effects-i posted them back a while ago. In effect I turned quite yellow, lost some hair and ended up with lots of little bruises. Not saying it was definitly caused by the mepacrine (well the yellow most certainly was) but i had done nothing else new and the hair loss was fairly dramatic
    how long after you stopped did the yellow go away?

how long did u use mepacrine?

I will still be getting the articles but its going to take alittle while. I'm having to go through my dad and the articles will have to be posted to us (he has to request them and then they retrieve them and send them to us). He is pretty sure the BDA (british dental association) have access to pubmed. So just hold tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfpipe101 View Post
    how long after you stopped did the yellow go away?

how long did u use mepacrine?
    I would say that it took a week for it to really begin to fade but a few weeks longer for it to go from some places (around my mouth/shoulders,etc). I used it just shy of three months. If not for the side effects I would definitely want to still be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by lamarr View Post
    I will still be getting the articles but its going to take alittle while. I'm having to go through my dad and the articles will have to be posted to us (he has to request them and then they retrieve them and send them to us). He is pretty sure the BDA (british dental association) have access to pubmed. So just hold tight.

Great to hear Lamar, thanks again! I have my appointment with a derm in 2 weeks...so hopefully...no pressure though bud

For those on Mepracine, are you able to actually go out into the sun? Like on a warm summer day, can you sit on a porch or patio in the afternoon for an hour even longer without going beat red or flushing? I dismissed those days long ago, but was wondering what it was like for those of you who have had the flushing resolved and if you are able to dable in/test your past triggers? Or do you not even go there (I wouldn't blame you).

Thanks