Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visible red veins on side of nose

Default Visible red veins on side of nose

Hello,

I posted on here several months ago about this and a couple of lovely people came on and gave me some advice, which I promptly took away with me never to come back and even say thanks. Then my original thread just vanished, which I suppose was some kind of justice for my rudeness there!?! I don't think I have rosacea, really. I do blush a bit, but nothing that is too much of a concern. I do go red with exertion, but it doesn't bother me. Maybe that's the definition of a problem, i.e. if it bothers you. What does bother me is my nose. On the left side I have a little cluster of spidery red veins that you can see, you don't have to come too close to see them, and you can't miss them. I really will not be seen without covering up with make up. For me this used to be just basic cover up stick, but the advice I was given was to first put some sun screen on and then the cover up stick. This is what I have been doing for several months now. All seems ok. These veins are not going to magically disappear, I know, but I wonder whether I should just carry on covering up first thing in the morning (unless I have a mishap, it lasts until I go to bed without me getting worried - plenty of visits to the toilet to check in the mirror though!). I carry a baseball cap every time I leave the house if rain is possible, and this stops the dreaded rain smearing the cover up make-up. Two things bother me, though: swimming. I just can't enjoy it. I go with my wife and our two kids every three weeks or so, but it is a bit of a trial for me, worrying about whether I am being splashed and everyone can see that I have makeup on! The second thing that is currently playing on my mind is the fact that I am off on holiday to Ibiza in 7 weeks, for our first family holiday in the sun! This means I am going to be wanting to swim in the sea. I would love to be able to immerse myself in this, rather than trying to keep my face above water all the time. I just can't think of a way around it, though. My cover up would run. Sorry for the huge post, I do tend to let my fingers run away with me. What am I asking for? Just some advice, I suppose. Is there anything else I can do to make this situation less of a burden for me on a daily basis, and more specifically does anyone have any ideas for making my holiday a bit more fun and relaxing? Anyone live with the same problem as me. and if you do, what do you do differently?

Thanks!

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Welcome back
    Your threads should all be intact and here they are if you are interested

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...earchid=353590

To answer your question I would think purpuric Vbeam might be the help you need.
    Purpuric VBeam is a laser and may be able to take care of the visible veins on the side of your nose but it might take longer than the time you have before vacation. Some people need a few treatments to get good results.
    There is a lot on this topic here. Just go to the laser/IPL section and you will find much more info. Also, if you do a search using the search engine just below the Rosacea Forum logo you can find all threads pertinent to your situation.

I would suggest that you take care of this after your vacation though and just slather on the sunblock as you do not want to do laser on tan or sunburned skin. And have fun on your vacation and do not worry about this issue. I promise you it is more noticeable to you than anyone else.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Retired Moderator

If you are in the UK- I am assuming as a vacation to Ibiza, Spain is not a common destination for American's although I have heard it is great-, Veinwave is reportedly very effective on threadveins such as you describe. In addition, it is likely cheaper and more readily available for a quick treatment for just a small patch of veins.

Point being, you can get them removed- if you have 7 weeks- that's more than enough time if you can get in quickly.

I would research Veinwave here on this site and locally if you live in the UK- or the purpuric V-beam is also often effective as Melissa notes.

Thanks for replying, you two. I found my original thread, and was amazed to see how good the advice was. If I am honest, I was a bit poor at that time, and so did not follow up the make-up tips, persevering with my hit and miss cover up stick and avoiding the rain, routine. I'm pretty ok money-wise now, so shall be buying off the net shortly and trying to get a bit better at this. I have a couple of questions, if that's ok? I have over the last week or so, noticed that if I use very cold water on my nose after washing, it seems to settle it down a bit. The veins are still there, but seem not as prominent. Does this sound plausible? Is it safe to do that, or may it cause problems long term? My second question is a general one to anyone from the UK who may have stumbled across this thread, and that is for more information on veinwave. I will, of course, by scouring this site for information on this topic myself, too.

Thanks again, your help is so happily received.

Duncan

Retired Moderator

Duncan,
    I am not going to enable you by linking the threads on Veinwave- you can do it yourself, but Mirradodga lives in the UK and has very good success with it. You can PM him as well.

As for the veins, of course they get smaller with cool/cold water. Heat makes veins dilate, cold makes them constrict. An ice cube can virtually make them disappear- temporarily of course.

No worries about money. We all go through those periods.

Suffice it to say your problem is something that can be corrected.

Hello,

I hope it's ok to post on this thread again? Basically, I have an appointment with Doctor Newman for the start of December (he's obviously very popular as I had to book about four months ahead!). It is going to cost about 500.00, which is a lot of money to me. I have had some good advice from Mirradodga, but was wondering if anyone else on here has had VEINWAVE treatment, specifically for visble red veins on the side of the nose? I do intend having the treatment, but would be happier if I could hear some good feedback...

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

Hi Duncan,
    It is totally fine to post in any old thread so no worries there.

Not sure if anyone here has had the veinwave but hopefully if they have they will see your post and reply.

Good luck with Dr Newman!
    Let us know how it goes.

Melissa

Well, this is what worries me! If no one on this website has any experience of this process, WHO DOES!? It is such a lot of money, I really worry that I have no feedback from people that have done it,,,, sounds too good to be true?

Duncan

Hello all,

Well, I cancelled Dr Newman, as tbh that kind of money is not easy for me to get hold of, I saw that the Veinwave website had a new link to the Oxford Facial Aesthetics Clinic, and it looked good (and only 125.00 a treatment, rather than 500.00!?) so I booked and I had the treatment last Friday. The way I saw it, if it didn't work, 125.00 isn't going to make me cry! So, that was 4 days ago. When the treatment was done, the veins had completely gone. I drove home on cloud freaking nine. On the Saturday, I went out without cover up stick on my nose for the 1st time in about 5 years. Very happy about that. My nose started to look pretty red on Sunday, with a few little scabs where the pin pricks had gone in and still is red (no veins, just a sore redness, and very dry - but this is apparently normal for a week or two). So, I am still putting my cover up stick on, but with the dry skin and little scabs it isn't working very well so I sort of feel worse than I did originally!? I do really look foward (and hope, fingers crossed) that the redness fades, and leaves me with a nose I can go outside without using cover up stick....I am quietly confident. Hope this update helps someone in the same boat as me, and I will certainly post how I am as the next few days / weeks pass, if anybody is interested. Personally, I would welcome Mirradogo or anyone who has been down this route, just to confirm that my experience seems normal.

Cheers,

Duncan