Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prescription medication assistance...

Retired Moderator

Default Prescription medication assistance...

While this won't help everyone, for those that live in the US, are on a limited budget and have limited incomes, there are programs to receive assistance with prescriptions...

http://www.rxassist.org/Search/defau...TOKEN=46564036

I randomly chose Oracea and Metrogel and both of them were available on an assistance basis. The maximum allowable income is quite low, but this still may be helpful to some people.

This is good to know! We were discussing this in the "Oracea Pricing" thread.

Thanks for the info.

Default And also...

Wal-Mart sells (60) 100 mg doxycycline tablets for $10.00. Split, makes it $2.50 a month. Make sure the doctor prescribes the tablet form. Just sayin'!

Default Oreacea or doxy?

I've been taking Oracea for several years with generally good results. But the information that I got for 2013 is that my insurance company (SilverScript) will not cover Oracea after the end of 2012. I checked several other Medicare Part D PDP companies and none of them cover Oracea. Maybe they just got fed up with the high cost? The Galderma "card" will not help me because I am on Medicare and therefore ineligible for help from them on pricing. I'm looking at taking doxycycline next year, trying to find out if it works like Oracea.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyburner View Post
    I'm looking at taking doxycycline next year, trying to find out if it works like Oracea.
    I've been doing 50mg (a split 100mg tablet) for about 2 months. It's been fine. I can't tell a difference between that and the Oracea, and I had serious problems with P&P.

It costs me about $14 for 90 pills, or about $.08 a day/$2.33 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by alkyburner View Post
    I've been taking Oracea for several years with generally good results. But the information that I got for 2013 is that my insurance company (SilverScript) will not cover Oracea after the end of 2012. I checked several other Medicare Part D PDP companies and none of them cover Oracea. Maybe they just got fed up with the high cost? The Galderma "card" will not help me because I am on Medicare and therefore ineligible for help from them on pricing. I'm looking at taking doxycycline next year, trying to find out if it works like Oracea.

Wow, I'm on the phone with Blue Cross Blue Shield federal right now! i've been on Oracea for a month, with little to no side affects and WONDERFUL results. I feel human again! I pay $108 for 30 pills, WITH insurance. Without, they told me it's over $500! Ugh! I will be a mess if I finally find something to help and then I can't afford it! But, I guess there are other drugs I can try.

Best of luck to everyone! Nice to have a place to talk to people suffering from the same thing about!

Terry

Default Update to BLue Cross and Oracea

Quote Originally Posted by shorttcake521 View Post
    Wow, I'm on the phone with Blue Cross Blue Shield federal right now! i've been on Oracea for a month, with little to no side affects and WONDERFUL results. I feel human again! I pay $108 for 30 pills, WITH insurance. Without, they told me it's over $500! Ugh! I will be a mess if I finally find something to help and then I can't afford it! But, I guess there are other drugs I can try.

Best of luck to everyone! Nice to have a place to talk to people suffering from the same thing about!

Terry

UPdate: Great news, found out from my insurance that if I do the mail-order prescription through them, my Oracea only costs $7 for a 90-day supply!!!!!!! Woooo!

Quote Originally Posted by shorttcake521 View Post
    UPdate: Great news, found out from my insurance that if I do the mail-order prescription through them, my Oracea only costs $7 for a 90-day supply!!!!!!! Woooo!
    You may know this already, but if you have insurance with a large co-pay, you can get the Oracea Care Card which acts as co-insurance to bring your monthly co-pay down to no more than $25. Your deal sounds much, much better though.

http://www.oracea.com/savings/

Default Oops, missprint

Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    You may know this already, but if you have insurance with a large co-pay, you can get the Oracea Care Card which acts as co-insurance to bring your monthly co-pay down to no more than $25. Your deal sounds much, much better though.

http://www.oracea.com/savings/

I just saw that I mistyped the price! It wasn't $7 for 90 days, it was $70! But, still a much better deal.

Default Not on Oracea anymore!

I thought Oracea was doing a pretty good job, but went back for my recheck and my doctor took one look at me and said "that will NOT do." Took me off of Oracea and I'm not on 100MG twice a day of the Doxycycline Hyclate for 8 weeks. WOW, my Rosacea is all but GONE. All of my postules except the one that won't leave, but is barely there now, are gone! Also, the redness is much better. I can completely hide my Rosacea with a little bit of Dermablend concealer. I am SOOO happy!

My best to all of my fellow Rosacea sufferers!

Terry